Sox swoop in, sign Hamilton!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Mark Hamilton that is. 

Could not resist.

Mark Hamilton is a 28 year-old former St. Louis 2nd rounder who plays OF/1B and is left-handed.  He fits a need...just not with proven talent (although his AAA numbers look pretty good).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Re: Sox swoop in, sign Hamilton!!!!

So some depth at Pawtucket, then.  He seemed to be used most often as a pinch-hitter in St. Louis and hardly played in the field last season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Does seem like he benefits from playing regularly.  And he has decent power.  Do not know how his defensive skills are.  And that means you are probably right, nothing more than a Pawtucket body.  But you never know.  I remember when Nick Green unexpectedly won a job in ST and went on to have some productive games for the Sox.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not on topic, but just curious.  Your avatar, is that you taking your second shot on the 18th at St. Andrews?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]

Mark Hamilton that is. 

Could not resist.

Mark Hamilton is a 28 year-old former St. Louis 2nd rounder who plays OF/1B and is left-handed.  He fits a need...just not with proven talent (although his AAA numbers look pretty good).

[/QUOTE]

You haven't lost your sense of humor, Par! 

Maybe it's cuz you enjoy chasing that little ball hundreds of yards at a time, just to try to fit it in a small hole in the end.

:o)

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I laughed just as hard when Obama laughed about bowling and the special olympics.

[/QUOTE]

You laugh?  Incredible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I thought about making a Sox Signed Hamilton joke. But passed. 

I also passed on the Sox Signed Luke Skywalker!! Jokes... baby

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought about making a Sox Signed Hamilton joke. But passed. 

I also passed on the Sox Signed Luke Skywalker!! Jokes... baby

[/QUOTE]

Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk!   :oD

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

glad a few find it humorous.  Not surprised lofty softy found it "witless."  High praise, I think (like a double negative). 

If only that were me on the 18th hole of the old course.  I once had blond hair like that, and I modeled my swing and set up on his...but alas, I never made much more than a few nassaus playing the game.  And Jack seems to have kept a bit more of his hair than me, even though I am 15 years younger.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

.197 Hitter, great pickup Ben. Unfortunately more cannon fodder.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

Mark Hamilton that is. 

Could not resist.

[/QUOTE]

He fits a need .  The need for yet another ham and egger .  We can never have enough of them.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" It is quite sad that golf went through a long period with a face of an angry cry baby. "

Yeah Tiger's rise was bad for golf and bad for Americans. The TV ratings prove it as well. No one found his story interesting or compelling. 

" It's quite a relief that the new public face of golf is humble, patient and considerate of all who play the game.  "

Except when Tiger and Phil aren't in contention, the ratings go down as it's just you and a few outliers, reveling in the purity of the game as it fades into irrelevance. 

""

"Hey, did you see that dude playing with Jim Rice? He just had to step in the drink again, dude cannot play worth a  lick." "Yeah - I heard him rambling about the 'public face of golf' or something while the TV cameras were following us around.."