Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread

Well, RSN did its job.  Now if the weather will just cooperate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread

Interesting. CC is batting 6th and J.D. 8th.  Makes sense, but is still surprising. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hey Joel, what's doin?...i saw this weather piece about Motown tonight...Here's what's coming at Motown tonight

By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff

DETROIT — As the radar map from Weather.com shows, we've got some major bad weather coming this way.

There's a tornado watch for this area and the tarp is already on the field weighed down by 11 tractors of varied sizes.

We will keep you posted as to the status of the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yup - Drew batting 8th behind CC AND Sutton and only ahead of Tek.....I guess it's OK to have a 14 million dollar per year man bat 8th but 20 million is too much....What is the rule of thumb here?  17 and half???  I know I am no Theo Esptein but I thought his OBP and OPS guys were meant to bat higher than 8th?  Oh well, that's what he gets paid the bucks for!!!!!!!!  Give them all huge raises and pass it along to the fans!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Why do I get the feeling that this game is cancelled?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Look for a long rain delay. Detroit radar shows big mass of rain over Eastern Michigan. Radar futurcast shows it probably won't clear 'til after 9pm. Darn! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Thanks, jete.  I was afraid of that.  I wonder how wide that system is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It's an ESPN Conspiracy!  :)  LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread:
    [QUOTE]Yup - Drew batting 8th behind CC AND Sutton and only ahead of Tek.....I guess it's OK to have a 14 million dollar per year man bat 8th but 20 million is too much....What is the rule of thumb here?  17 and half???  I know I am no Theo Esptein but I thought his OBP and OPS guys were meant to bat higher than 8th?  Oh well, that's what he gets paid the bucks for!!!!!!!!  Give them all huge raises and pass it along to the fans!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    So when Drew is gone next year will you still be ragging on him or can we look forward to your letting it go?

And BTW, how do you like your Red Sox now or are you still holding off recognizing this team as the real deal?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]Look for a long rain delay. Detroit radar shows big mass of rain over Eastern Michigan. Radar futurcast shows it probably won't clear 'til after 9pm. Darn! 
    Posted by soxdawg08[/QUOTE]

I can live with that.  I worked hard in the yard today and deserve a game two as my just desserts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread : I can live with that.  I worked hard in the yard today and deserve a game two as my just desserts.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]LOL...joel, as long as it doesn't cost you a wasted pitcher due to a restart..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]Yup - Drew batting 8th behind CC AND Sutton and only ahead of Tek.....I guess it's OK to have a 14 million dollar per year man bat 8th but 20 million is too much....What is the rule of thumb here?  17 and half???  I know I am no Theo Esptein but I thought his OBP and OPS guys were meant to bat higher than 8th?  Oh well, that's what he gets paid the bucks for!!!!!!!!  Give them all huge raises and pass it along to the fans!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Drew's in the 5th year of his contract, of course he's had a decline.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread : I can live with that.  I worked hard in the yard today and deserve a game two as my just desserts.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

ditto joel. was one of those perfect new england days, low humidity, low 80's and a beautiful breeze. spent most of it outside. yard work, running and finally washed the car.

GO Sox-Take 2!!! thank you ESPN

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

And we're under way!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Poor Pedey.  Can't get anything to fall (except his dinger earlier).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

good start for beckett

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hey guys, guess those reports weren't as dire as they appeared...hey Joel, i guess the baseball gods appreciate yard work..LOL!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]hey guys, guess those reports weren't as dire as they appeared...hey Joel, i guess the baseball gods appreciate yard work..LOL!!
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]
    What's up, Jete! Hey, did you hear, apparently I'm a closet Yankee fan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

ouch

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Anyone got this game on DirecTV?  It is not allowing me to watch it on NESN and isn't on one of the Extra Innings channels.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I hope Beckett calms down after this, we may need it with Verlander on the mound. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

lol...don't worry Lloyd, that's what happens when Pike goes off his meds..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread : What's up, Jete! Hey, did you hear, apparently I'm a closet Yankee fan.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

you always knew it would come out eventually LloydTongue outWink

25. This post has been removed.