Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread

In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread:
    [QUOTE]Anyone got this game on DirecTV?  It is not allowing me to watch it on NESN and isn't on one of the Extra Innings channels.
    Posted by fizsh[/QUOTE]
    I'm watching on MLB.com but you might find it here.  It takes a while to buffer.

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/66953/1/watch-boston-red-sox-vs-detroit-tigers-%5Bdelayed%5D.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Hopefully the worst is over for Josh.  Now let's jump on Verlander with the bottom of the order

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Well, I got the game on XM, which isn't too bad.  I don't have mlb.com, since I purchased Extra Innings I didn't think I needed both.  I wrote to MLB to complain about that (DirecTV says contact MLB).  Won't do any good tonight though. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Verlander is serving up some heat there - 99, 99 and 100 for the last three pitches to Ells.  Then he serves the 82 mile an hour changeup.  That's serious stuff.

It's going to take some very focused hitting by the lineup to score some runs agasint Verlander.

Good to see Drew getting the bat on that pitch.  He is going to have a good game.

I am hoping for a 2-run dinger by Youk in the next inning.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

30-22, after a 2-10 start, translates to 28-12 run for Sox.  Pretty impressive.

I am hoping they will be 32-22 to wrap the first third of the season, making 96 wins a good possibility.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

[QUOTE]4 walks already, not good
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Obviously Beckett is not on top of his game today.  May need a long reliever.  Bowden ?  Rich Hill ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

beckett will be lucky to get thru 6 with his pitch count.....good thing the bullpen wasn't burned in game 1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]Verlander is serving up some heat there - 99, 99 and 100 for the last three pitches to Ells.  Then he serves the 82 mile an hour changeup.  That's serious stuff. It's going to take some very focused hitting by the lineup to score some runs agasint Verlander. Good to see Drew getting the bat on that pitch.  He is going to have a good game. I am hoping for a 2-run dinger by Youk in the next inning.
    Posted by blingblang[/QUOTE]
    I could live with that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]beckett will be lucky to get thru 6 with his pitch count.....good thing the bullpen wasn't burned in game 1
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

beckett does not have his location tonight and already has a high pitch count.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Anyone following the game on MLB Gameday.  What's the caption at center field - "Something" Motors, with Fountain under that ?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Might be time to start hoping the rains return.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

How is Detroit's BP.  Can Sox keep this within 2 runs, and get to their BP ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread : beckett does not have his location tonight and already has a high pitch count.
    Posted by canetime[/QUOTE]

needs a quick 1-2-3 inning.....verlanders counts up there now also

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting. CC is batting 6th and J.D. 8th.  Makes sense, but is still surprising. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]WHY? the drew ship has sailed! no more politics. drew is underwhelming and an average mlb'r in the mode of trot nixon without all that hustle and likeability thing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

how may i watch the game on line? any ideas? hi all

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread : WHY? the drew ship has sailed! no more politics. drew is underwhelming and an average mlb'r in the mode of trot nixon without all that hustle and likeability thing.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

The likability thing yes, the hustle. Say what you will about Drew, but he does hustle. He doesn't where his emotion on his sleave like Nixon and doesn't wear the dirty uniform or helmet, but you can't really say that Drew loafs when he's on the field. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

agreed roy, drew plays a great RF...best since dewey. cc, joel posted a link

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Verlander is pretty much untouchable today.  Need to get to their BP, that may be the only way to win this game. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread : The likability thing yes, the hustle. Say what you will about Drew, but he does hustle. He doesn't where his emotion on his sleave like Nixon and doesn't wear the dirty uniform or helmet, but you can't really say that Drew loafs when he's on the field. 
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]great logic. i take it back. i've never really seen drew pull a manny out there. i meant he's not a hustler in the mode of an EMOTIONALIZED rabid dirt dog. drew is cool and smooth with everything which gives the false appearance that he doesnt care or isnt trying. still his bottom line tangible RESULTS are more on par of a trot nixon! our team in many ways now has the corporate subdued approach of a drew as opposed to the rah rah dirt dog we will leave it all on the field and show exactly where and we left it feel of the trot days. lets see if we can win it all using this approach.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Egads. I've been doing some other things while trying to keep up with this game. Just noticed that Beckett has five walks.

Lucky it's only 2-0.

Sections
Shortcuts