Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread

gee, is everyone watching this on Nesn only or on mlb network? any other options?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread:
    In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread : great logic. i take it back. i've never really seen drew pull a manny out there. i meant he's not a hustler in the mode of an EMOTIONALIZED rabid dirt dog. drew is cool and smooth with everything which gives the false appearance that he doesnt care or isnt trying. still his bottom line tangible RESULTS are more on par of a trot nixon! our team in many ways now has the corporate subdued approach of a drew as opposed to the rah rah dirt dog we will leave it all on the field and show exactly where and we left it feel of the trot days. lets see if we can win it all using this approach.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Pedey?  Youk?  "Corporate subdued approach?"  I don't think so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

how may i watch the game on line? any ideas? hi all

posted at 5/29/2011 8:37 PM EDT

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=e012065e84ad09c7f50a2e93a98044fa&plckUserId=e012065e84ad09c7f50a2e93a98044fa">
    First: 9/16/2008
    Last: 5/29/2011
    Anyone got this game on DirecTV?  It is not allowing me to watch it on NESN and isn't on one of the Extra Innings channels.
    Posted by fizsh

I'm watching on MLB.com but you might find it here.  It takes a while to buffer.

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/66953/1/watch-boston-red-sox-vs-detroit-tigers-%5Bdelayed%5D.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Is V-Mart still calling Beckett's pitches?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

One more inning for Josh, I think.  Time to get him the lead.  Of course, it's not looking likely against Verlander tonight. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Attaway, Cap'n.  Now a gapper for Ells.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread : great logic. i take it back. i've never really seen drew pull a manny out there. i meant he's not a hustler in the mode of an EMOTIONALIZED rabid dirt dog. drew is cool and smooth with everything which gives the false appearance that he doesnt care or isnt trying. still his bottom line tangible RESULTS are more on par of a trot nixon! our team in many ways now has the corporate subdued approach of a drew as opposed to the rah rah dirt dog we will leave it all on the field and show exactly where and we left it feel of the trot days. lets see if we can win it all using this approach.

Yeah, there is no doubt that this team doesn't quite have the personality of the 2003-2004 teams.

It has some with Youk, Pedey, Papi, Papelbon and maybe some others. But there's no doubt that the OF and 1B now of Crawford-Ellsbury-Drew-AGon and pitchers likes Buch-Lester-Beckett don't quite have the same flair, personality-wise, as Manny-Damon-Trot and Lowe-Pedro-Schill.

I think that bothers some fans who get too caught up in style. As long as the substance is the same, that's all I care about. The rest is just window dressing. Yeah, it's more fun to root for a team that has a lot of characters, but only if they're winning. And as long as this team wins, to me, it's just as much fun to root for.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread : Pedey?  Youk?  "Corporate subdued approach?"  I don't think so.
    Posted by joel49

well thats it. those are your exceptions. even papi is no longer papi most of the time on the field. the norm isnt them. lackey? seem slike fun isnt part of his vocabulary. theo has clearly gone out of his way to infuse this tea, with a bunch of coporaters in the old toronto blue jay direction. again, long as we win i'm cool but it is what it is. joel, whats this extra innings thing? is that nesn?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Once again, A-Gon with the perfect throw to first.  Gold Glove City.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Yeah, I guess I'll have to concede, C-C.  Don't understand your question regarding Extra Innings.  I watch on MLB.com (TV package $120 per season).

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

agon throwing to first?
    all the way to the pitcher covering?...not watching the game yet...gotta load it up on the net...

edit...uh, nevermind

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Verlander's up over 100 pitches. Maybe we can get to him now or get to the bullpen.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

OK, that's a baserunner.

Need a hit/walk from Youk.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

i just wish verlander would go AWAY!!!!!Yell

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Verlander is a beastly man, still throwing in the high 90's 110+ pitches deep.  And he does it every time out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread : well thats it. those are your exceptions. even papi is no longer papi most of the time on the field. the norm isnt them. lackey? seem slike fun isnt part of his vocabulary. theo has clearly gone out of his way to infuse this tea, with a bunch of coporaters in the old toronto blue jay direction. again, long as we win i'm cool but it is what it is. joel, whats this extra innings thing? is that nesn?

cc...yeah, the other picture was better...more clear...uh huh, the avatar/icon thingy...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

hill impresses again

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Hill has been dominating.

Bullpen might actually end up being a strength. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

evidently some disney pretend to be punk gal called avril lavigne went off on the tampa crowd today while she was supposed to be performing...good grief, does she think she is janis joplin?

no such thing as bad publicity...

Sections
Shortcuts