Sox/Tigers Game One Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Sox/Tigers Game One Thread

WOW.. hi all. i loveeeee this team! sox could be up by double digits in the al east by the all-star break as pedy and craw and guys like cameron start getting hot. heck if cameron gets hot enough, we may just bench drew as the fourth outfielder and not have to make a trade for a replacement. when was the last time the sox had 4 steals in the first inning? seriously when was the last time?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Good hustle, and worth the risk with two outs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Nice hustle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game One Thread:
    In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game One Thread : Unfortunately, it will take only one loss for the annoying ones to return.   
    Posted by joel49

hopefully thats never. the whiners are not missed. the game threads are calm cool and laid back.............i like it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm sure I can find some info on it somewhere, I don't really recall if his slider was effective.

I was thinking of all the talk over the offseason about buccholz's stats and all the intangibles, saying he was a bit lucky and expecting his ERA to go up but hoping for his other numbers to improve.

Well after a shaky april Buccholz has been on fire.  

1.91 BB/9  3.71 K/BB  .193 AVG .91 whip.

He's just not looking lucky, he's looking good. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Love Pedey. Back in the first he drew a throw to home, great ballplayer, plays it like it should be played.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

love that play by jed.we are hustling, making little plays.. not just hitting HRs like the yanlks (how long can that last?)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

A double. 

Isn't Lowrie the slowest player in the major (something like that according to Softy). How can he get a double on that kind of hit?

I'm confused.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Good hustle, and worth the risk with two outs.
    Posted by fizsh

just smart baseball!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

A double.  Isn't Lowrie the slowest player in the major (something like that according to Softy). How can he get a double on that kind of hit? I'm confused.
    Posted by royf19

It's nice not having him around for a day or so.  We can celebrate and enjoy our team's success instead of watching some of that energy go into refuting insanity. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Lowrie leads all of MLB with RBI's against LHP, I did not know that.....wow you'd think that would make him very valuable in a heavy lefty hitting lineup, yet some people (no names mentioned) still just don't like him. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Would like to see the K rate go up a bit with Buchholz, and feel it can (case in point right there).  Really good to see the walks come down, that is the big key.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Now THAT was nasty!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

did the sox not coordinate with espn before scheduling at 7p? i mean i'm sure they would have made it clear they would not grant the exemption. in that case you come back to detroit later in the season. how does it benefit nesn or anyone else by having a blackout with those 2 studs going?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Lowrie leads all of MLB with RBI's against LHP, I did not know that.....wow you'd think that would make him very valuable in a heavy lefty hitting lineup, yet some people (no names mentioned) still just don't like him. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh
    if i c jd drew hitting sixth again, i will lose my lunch all over tito! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

It's difficult to mention names when he's had so many. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

If Buch keeps pitching like that, 3 runs may be all we need.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

some people????

Aw c'mon, give me a hint. I have no idea who you're talking about.

Undecided

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

what are the pitch counts. it seems like they each have about 100 already. Probably just me

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Pitch counts after three.

Buchholz 43
    Oliver 69

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

what are the pitch counts. it seems like they each have about 100 already. Probably just me
    Posted by redsoxlaxer12

It's funny. I was making my above post before I even saw yours.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game One Thread : It's funny. I was making my above post before I even saw yours.
    Posted by royf19

See. Things just click here without all of the b!tching

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I definitely spit out water all over my computer in laughter after reading some these responses to my post....thank you. 

In other news, Buchholz looks REALLY good today.  I know he's only pitched 3 innings but he does look sharp.  Clay is keeping his pitch count low, he is hitting the corners with pin point precision and his off spead stuff looks nasty....as ussual. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

That is one thing I like about NESN, they give the pitch counts after every pitch.  I don't see that on many other channels.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Well that does it.  They didn't score this inning.  Looks like it is the end. 

Sections
Shortcuts