Sox/Tigers Game One Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Sox/Tigers Game One Thread

I would like to retract part of my last statement, I woulnd't call his pitch count low right now.  It's about average for where he is in the game. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

NESN gives the pitch counts after every pitch, but I'm not sure why Orsillo feels the need to point them out so often himself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Yikes! Andy Dirks...... I like this kid when hes not against the sox. Ouch

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

There was a stat I read many years ago, and I don't know if it still holds true, but it seems to.  After a HR, the occurance of a strikeout, walk, hit batter, or another HR go up compared to after any other type of result. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

And he comes back with a strikeout. That homer was a fluke. Dirks you got lucky kid

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

dirks is the only tiger to have success againt buch today.....walk to vmart-too many full counts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Pitch count really rising this inning.  May not be able to go beyond 6.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Well all, enjoy the rest of the game.  I am off to watch the M's sweep the Yankees (hopefully).  I will have to follow the Sox on the scoreboard (got the DVR going in case anything good happens)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nice to walk in on a 3-1 lead.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What did he pull his down the middle of the Plate muscle?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

This Sutton is not a good fielder

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

I DONT THINK FEEL very comfortable with this lead. feel s like one of those extra innings things or disaster waiting to happen

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game One Thread:
    [QUOTE]This Sutton is not a good fielder
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]not much range! ok once he gets there or if hit directly to him!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]There was a stat I read many years ago, and I don't know if it still holds true, but it seems to.  After a HR, the occurance of a strikeout, walk, hit batter, or another HR go up compared to after any other type of result. 
    Posted by fizsh[/QUOTE]WHAT????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Battle of bullpens now. Cmon Sox

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Buch was very sharp early. Started to struggle in the 4th and 5th. Pitches seemed to flatten out a bit and they got to him in the 6th. Battle of the pens , now. Would really like to take this game, what with Verlander going tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

FYI Everybody-program alert on the crawl-NESN WILL televise the 2nd game at 7pm

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

They showed a stat on Buch earlier in the game.  First 60 pitches this year, teams bat peanuts.  From 60 on up they bat 360+.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

wasn't albers the guy who blew a lead in the eighth just a week ago. francona took a huge risk bringing him on in the 7th with the score tied at 3-3. good for them it worked out. kept det from scoring at the same time francona helped albers build confidence back. will be valuable in future games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Time to get off on those Benoit balls.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Apparently, somebody put pressure on ESPN to allow telecast tonight. Will it be available on Extra Innings? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Sox bats have cooled off. Not liking these late inning tie games, on the road. They often do not end well. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

See where Morales is now on the DL.  Bowden on the way to Detroit. Probably opens up a spot for the return of Jenks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Albers is now back in the family.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]Albers is now back in the family.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

You were going to disown him after one bad outing?