Sox/Tigers Game Thread May 19th

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnsoxcat. Show mnsoxcat's posts

Re: Sox/Tigers Game Thread May 19th

Great Game and excellent company!  See you tomorrow!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

Actually, a big play in this game was Tek's squeeze of the hard foul tip (sounds a bit like an oxymoron, I know) by Cabrera for the strike out.  Was a good play for him to be able to hold on to that one. Hope Pap's knee doesn't blow up.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Another nicely managed game by Tito.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game Thread May 19th:
    Actually, a big play in this game was Tek's squeeze of the hard foul tip (sounds a bit like an oxymoron, I know) by Cabrera for the strike out.  Was a good play for him to be able to hold on to that one. Hope Pap's knee doesn't blow up.  
    Posted by kt888

I think he got it in the back of the leg.  He was grabbing back there in the dugout.  He'll have one monster bruise but I'm guessing he'll be fine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

CARL CRAWFORD CAPS SWEEP!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Another nicely managed game by Tito.
    Posted by piersall

so glad someone else notices the man when he wins and does great things. gawd knows most never forget the bad moves

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Just 1 game behind on the Loss column for AL East lead. 1.5 games back. Not bad to see Sox roaring back into contention. Pitching is becoming a concern though, with Lackey & DiceK injured, and Josh with a stiff neck today.  Here's to hoping that batting will carry the Sox in May and June until pitching is all back. Go Sox !
    Posted by blingblang

Could be Beckett was pulled b/c of the cold temperatures. Anything that stiff in that cold could turn into a pull. If that's the case (we'll find out) 4 days off should be fine. The weather will be warm next time he pictes--hopefully. Man, we can't lose him when he's pitching like this. I don't remember him being this good even in 07, and that is saying a LOT.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Francona press conferece-Beckett mentioned the stiff neck, got albers up quickly. neck stiffness on pitching side, was precautionary, especially with the weather. said he'll be fine :))

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game Thread May 19th : Could be Beckett was pulled b/c of the cold temperatures. Anything that stiff in that cold could turn into a pull. If that's the case (we'll find out) 4 days off should be fine. The weather will be warm next time he pictes--hopefully. Man, we can't lose him when he's pitching like this. I don't remember him being this good even in 07, and that is saying a LOT.
    Posted by TheExaminer

I agree, he's been lights out since his third start, I believe it was.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Francona press conferece-Beckett mentioned the stiff neck, got albers up quickly. neck stiffness on pitching side, was precautionary, said he'll be fine :))
    Posted by J-BAY

As usual JBay, you're the bearer of good news. Anything to say on gas prices?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Francona press conferece-Beckett mentioned the stiff neck, got albers up quickly. neck stiffness on pitching side, was precautionary, said he'll be fine :))
    Posted by J-BAY

Phew!! Thanks J-BAY ... so wish Extra Innings gave us the postgame.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game Thread May 19th : As usual JBay, you're the bearer of good news. Anything to say on gas prices?
    Posted by TheExaminer

going down at least .50 by JuneLaughing

Francona also said they didnt want to talke any chances due to the weather.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Bruins hang on!! Thomas was fantastic!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I'm outta here! Time to smash the Cubbies this weekend. Later....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Smile

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

iggy had to wait and see if it was caught

1) Iggy was standing on 3B when the ball was in the air, like he was going to tag up or something.

2) He took about one step off the base and watched if it would fall.

3) He could have been 5-10 feet off the base and got back if it was caught.

4) He was out by less distance than the differential between where he was when the ball was caught and where he could have been.

5) I'm just glad it wasn't Jed on third. We'd never hear the end of it.

6) Poor Jed gets no hit: somewhere softy is snickering.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georgelyons. Show georgelyons's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game Thread May 19th : going down at least .50 by June Francona also said they didnt want to talke any chances due to the weather.
    Posted by J-BAY
    Great group y'all are, J-BAY!  Looking forward to enjoying many more games - 
    particularly ones like these last 6! Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNationCT. Show SoxNationCT's posts

It was tough to get loose,’’ said Beckett, who threw 82 pitches in cold and damp conditions, holding the Tigers to one run on five hits and a pair of walks to go with a season-low three strikeouts. “Battled through the first few innings. Went down in the third and fifth innings, throwing between innings trying to get loose. It would never loosen up. A little muscle spasm in there. I don’t think it’s anything serious. Better to be cautious with the situation we have with the starters.’’

Took that from Michael Vega's story from this morning.  How concerned should we be about this given that 2/5 of the starting rotation is already on the DL?  Losing Beckett for any length of time would be disastrous.

Sections
Shortcuts