Sox to Trade Drew. Yes or No?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Sox to Trade Drew. Yes or No?

I don't think they will.

Not sure why -- maybe they can't get anything, or maybe there's an agreement with Boras that we don't know about. Or maybe the FO just likes him so much they're unwilling to get rid of him.

I think he'll be with the team in August.

What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: Sox to Trade Drew. Yes or No?

Should they? Yes. Will they? Who knows.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, that is depend if the Red Sox waving their white flag or not.  And also Boston isnt sure who should play SS next year.  By trading Drew will make him not to resign with Boston for the next season.  I rather to have Drew in the SS next year if Boston cant find one during the off season.  AAA level do not have any talent SS yet.  Boggie isnt the answer yet.  If he is, he should be platooning with Drew this year instead having Holt to play SS in the last two weeks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, that is depend if the Red Sox waving their white flag or not.  And also Boston isnt sure who should play SS next year.  By trading Drew will make him not to resign with Boston for the next season.  I rather to have Drew in the SS next year if Boston cant find one during the off season.  AAA level do not have any talent SS yet.  Boggie isnt the answer yet.  If he is, he should be platooning with Drew this year instead having Holt to play SS in the last two weeks.

[/QUOTE]

Sox have no minor league SS with talent? lol lol ha ha ha.... You look it up .Gives you something to do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

Hell yes they should trade the bum! Will they find a sucker to take him is the only question! They got two top ten prospects from the Giants for Peavy. As far as minor league SS prospects in the Sox system Marrero is next up on the Pawtucket to Boston train. However they don't need to rush him as they have Holt who by now is the most trusted defender on the team at any position you put him at...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I believe they would in a heartbeat, problem is no takers.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Trade him, Bogie back to ss, Middy to 3B, and see if either of them can play the positions, for the rest of the year, and if they can hit,better than so far.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Except for the #5 ranked prospect in the Sox system, former 2012 first round draft pick Devon Marrero.  But yes, after him the Sox don't have any good short stops in triple A

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think they will.

Not sure why -- maybe they can't get anything, or maybe there's an agreement with Boras that we don't know about. Or maybe the FO just likes him so much they're unwilling to get rid of him.

What do you think?

[/QUOTE]HOPE SOOOOO !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't think they will.

What do you think?

[/QUOTE]

I think you are heavily into Scott Boras conspiracy theories, including ones that make very little sense....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

As for Drew, there is no rush to trade him.  He will  clear waivers in August.  Also, my prediction - some fans will overact one way or another WHEN (not IF) Drew is placed on waivers in August, and try to interpret it one way or another, somehow forgetting that roughly one half of all MLB players will also go through the same waiver process...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

Trade Drew?  Are you kidding me?  He is the only thing holding the Sox defense together.  The fact he is hitting .172 is just a bonus.  His WAR, FWAR and PWAR are through the roof.  I'll bet Ben is as sick of other GM's asking about him as the Marlin's GM is about people wanting Stanton.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Pay almost every penny owed to him, and trade him to the highest bidder.

Sox4ever

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

He's not in our future, so of course they should deal him.  & THEY WILL!  NO QUESTION!

Might as well now that there is ZERO chance of post-season play.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Everybody is available…for the right return. Everyone should be for the right return including JBJ, Xander, Owens, etc. No one is coming to the ballpark to watch JBJ or Xander hit, that's a joke; or Ortiz and Drew hitting two hoppers to an infielder. Or Nap swing and miss. Or Ross lumber to 1 B with his Plantar Fasciitis---it's like there's no one in the minors that can do any better? Hey, if I'm the official scorer, Gomes has two errors in Friday's Tampa game--that didn't help Lester. …and by the way who wants to watch Gomes stumble around in the OF? Yes I know Gomes is JF's good luck charm---maybe he can bring a few magic coins because there's no luck in his bat this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's not in our future, so of course they should deal him.  & THEY WILL!  NO QUESTION!

Might as well now that there is ZERO chance of post-season play.

[/QUOTE]

So you think the Sox would hold on to him if they thought they could get to the postseason?  You do realize he was .133 in the ALDS, .050 in the ALCS and .158 in the WS.  That is a whopping .111 for the entire postseason.  The only way to get rid of this albatross is to DFA.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

yOU KNOW HOW bill-806 FEELS  !!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't think they will.

What do you think?

[/QUOTE]

Who cares if they can't get anything? It was a dumb signing to begin with, the costs are sunk. Dump him. He's not in the future.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sox have no minor league SS with talent? lol lol ha ha ha.... You look it up .Gives you something to do.

[/QUOTE]

Bogearts, Marrero.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yOU KNOW HOW bill-806 FEELS  !!

[/QUOTE]

I'm feeling how Bill-806 is feeling even though I'm not generally a touchy feely type.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Except for the #5 ranked prospect in the Sox system, former 2012 first round draft pick Devon Marrero.  But yes, after him the Sox don't have any good short stops in triple A

[/QUOTE]

that is what I am talking about...we will likely not to see a talent ready SS to play at the major league level in the next two years. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bogearts, Marrero.

[/QUOTE]

Boggie is not the future SS...he cant play as a defender over there...Marrero is 23 years old and was finally called up to play at the AAA level.  Meaning Marrero is like a year and half away to play at the major league level.  That is why Boston need to sign Drew to buy some time for someone to play SS for the 2016 season!! or the second half of 2015 season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't think they will.

What do you think?

[/QUOTE]

It is hard to predict that anyone will make an offer of value for Drew between now and the trade deadline.  As Notin pointed out, Drew should pass through waivers. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottwad. Show scottwad's posts

Yes. If not buy deadline, release.

scottwad24

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

that is what I am talking about...we will likely not to see a talent ready SS to play at the major league level in the next two years. 

[/QUOTE]

You're right.

After Marrero, who might play in MLB next season, and Rivero, the Sox have nothing else at AAA to play SS...