Sox to Trade Drew. Yes or No?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Sox to Trade Drew. Yes or No?

Marrero could probably be playing at the ML level this year. His defense is ML ready and a plus. His offense is suspect, but what else is new for half the SSs in MLB already?

Sox4ever

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, that is depend if the Red Sox waving their white flag or not.  And also Boston isnt sure who should play SS next year.  By trading Drew will make him not to resign with Boston for the next season.  I rather to have Drew in the SS next year if Boston cant find one during the off season.  AAA level do not have any talent SS yet.  Boggie isnt the answer yet.  If he is, he should be platooning with Drew this year instead having Holt to play SS in the last two weeks.

[/QUOTE]

Except for the #5 ranked prospect in the Sox system, former 2012 first round draft pick Devon Marrero.  But yes, after him the Sox don't have any good short stops in triple A

[/QUOTE]

that is what I am talking about...we will likely not to see a talent ready SS to play at the major league level in the next two years. 

[/QUOTE]

What these geniuses don't understand is next to the catcher, the SS is the most important defensive position on the field. Iron hands Bogey is not the answer. Drew should be re-signed for next year. He and Pedey make a great keystone combination; plus it will pizz off JAM and Bill. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think they will.

Not sure why -- maybe they can't get anything, or maybe there's an agreement with Boras that we don't know about. Or maybe the FO just likes him so much they're unwilling to get rid of him.

I think he'll be with the team in August.

What do you think?

[/QUOTE]

The last I heard, Drew is 1 for (about) 25 against LH pitchers. I think if he isn't gone, Ben and John should be.

4. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts