Sox/Twins Wednesday night game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Re: Sox/Twins Wednesday night game thread

In Response to Re: Sox/Twins Wednesday night game thread:
    In Response to Re: Sox/Twins Wednesday night game thread : No question that Beckett is the ace of the staff.  Lester is # 2.
    Posted by dgalehouse

Agreed....Beckett has done it before Boston, with Boston, and he will do it again this year...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Need to point out also, that Aceves himself has been getting a little softer lately. Perhaps THAT is why Tito wanted to keep him out? I have no clue.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

experiment with aviles in RF is now over.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The correct call would have been to walk Thome and bring in Aceves to face Valencia,but that would require numbnuts to actually make an in game decision....On to Seattle! By the way i hope the sox never see this umpiring crew again! They stunk the place up again tonight! You ever see a ground rule double call where the runner from first is awarded HP? The guy calling Balls and strikes had two completely different strike zones one for the home team very generous and one for Lester not so generous! This is blatant cheating but the Yankees pay the Umps and needed the sox to lose too stay close.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Nice throw by Ells, but this game is over. If we can take 2 at Seattle I guess it'd still be a good trip. That's doable considering the pitching matchups.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

experiment with aviles in RF is now over.....
    Posted by J-BAY

I don't think I've ever seen a ball hit off the fence and not score the runner from second (other than the monster, of course).  Everyone in the park except Aviles thought it would be caught. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Nice throw by Ells, but this game is over. If we can take 2 at Seattle I guess it'd still be a good trip. That's doable considering the pitching matchups.
    Posted by TheExaminer

we came into tonight taking the series....if we can do that on all the road series, ill take it all day long.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ellsbury's arm is better than some people think. Maybe not the strongest, but strong enough and very accurate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lscheue. Show lscheue's posts

Francona left in Lester giving him a chance to win the game. Francona wants the players to love him- much more important to him than actually managing to win .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Well I think we saw why Terry was hoping he could get three outs against the LH meat of the Twinkees order from Lester.

Everybody has their thoughts about what the manager should do and in hindsight somebody is always right.

If Lester did not come back out and the bullpen got lit up it would have been he shouldn't have gone to the BP. And tonight if Aceves is an indication they would have been right.

And now we have Miller in to show us new adventures in "can I find home plate".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Twins Wednesday night game thread : we came into tonight taking the series....if we can do that on all the road series, ill take it all day long.
    Posted by J-BAY

Yeah, always hate to lose a game to NYY though. When the trip started I said I'd be happy with 4-2.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Seems like Aceves is wearing down. Looks much more hittable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Twins Wednesday night game thread : Need I say more? My point exactly. When you dump a guy like Aceves into that, as often as not, that second run also scores. Game probably over. Had he been put in to start the inning, a good chance we're already in the dugout. I just don't get it sports fans.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Which is why you watch the games on TV instead of participating in them.

Just about everyone on this board says Francona doesn't leave his starters in long enough.  Now on this thread everyone is complaining that he left Lester in too long.

The reason they are losing this game is because they are being outplayed.  Who knew?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Seems like Aceves is wearing down. Looks much more hittable.
    Posted by dgalehouse

he's logged alot of innings......

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Francona left in Lester giving him a chance to win the game. Francona wants the players to love him- much more important to him than actually managing to win .
    Posted by lscheue
    Could not have been to face Mauer and Thome? Nah. After all morales and Miller (his LH relievers) are just money.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Twins Wednesday night game thread : I don't think I've ever seen a ball hit off the fence and not score the runner from second (other than the monster, of course).  Everyone in the park except Aviles thought it would be caught. 
    Posted by joel49

Happened in my 8-year-old's game ... Kid at second base forgot to run because he was busy trying to hold in his pee.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Common sense has no place on this board, 5katz.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Twins Wednesday night game thread : Which is why you watch the games on TV instead of participating in them. Just about everyone on this board says Francona doesn't leave his starters in long enough.  Now on this thread everyone is complaining that he left Lester in too long. The reason they are losing this game is because they are being outplayed.  Who knew?
    Posted by snakeoil123
    Snake the common theme is the RS would never lose a game, it is Francona that loses games.

People have a hard time dealing with the fact that the best teams lose 40% of the time and the worst win 40% of the time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Twins Wednesday night game thread : Which is why you watch the games on TV instead of participating in them. Just about everyone on this board says Francona doesn't leave his starters in long enough.  Now on this thread everyone is complaining that he left Lester in too long. The reason they are losing this game is because they are being outplayed.  Who knew?
    Posted by snakeoil123

True enough, but jbay and myself both commented that we weren't sure about Lester coming back out--even before he threw his second pitch. Especially with a count of 104, and a day off tommorow. One reason may be that Aceves is wearing down, and Tito is trying to not use him so much. He hasn't been quite as effective lately.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Twins Wednesday night game thread : Happened in my 8-year-old's game ... Kid at second base forgot to run because he was busy trying to hold in his pee.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Funny, Lloyd.  The second guessers are out in full force now, and I keep thinking about Bill Simmons BJ line from the article I posted last night.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

For those who missed it last night, here's a great read by Bill Simmons regarding the Sox (and their fans).

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6808403/red-sox-report-card

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It seems that any criticism of the manager is " Frowned upon in this establishment."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

francona stayed with Lester as long as he could, with bard and paps not available tonight, in a tie game. day off tomorrow and back at it friday. late game 10 pm EST. everyone enjoy the day off tomorrow. we all need it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Well a lose always makes the board more entertaining I suppose. With an off day it should add some extra texture beyond the standard rants about Wake, Ells, Lackey, CC and Tito who if you believe many posts screws up wins.

Sections
Shortcuts