Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread

Seems gone are the days where a Sox starter could go all summer pitching 7+ innings and icing the bats of the opposition.... we are now more like a sputtering machine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread:
    In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : He's just reminding us, as a former catcher himself, what a macho tough position it is. He's really praising himself.
    Posted by upperco1

I do get that .... but still, anytime he says something positive about the Soox in any way, it's noteworthy.

He's not as bad as Joe Morgan as a Sox hater, but close.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Lester has been missing his location for at least two innings. His FB looks straight as a string. Salty continues to make great saves behind the plate. That "abysmal" catcher who is not as good at this minute as Lavarnway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Lavarnway out of the lineup last two nights, no report of an injury...wonder if hes on his way up 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Salty's BA is up to .276 .... getting into thin air....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Lavarnway out of the lineup last two nights, no report of an injury...wonder if hes on his way up 
    Posted by J-BAY

Maybe a trade of Shoppach ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : Maybe a trade of Shoppach ?
    Posted by dgalehouse

wont break my heart

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : Exam - Hand-on-heart, I rate you, your ideas, and your posts highly....and consider McCarver a harmless, pedestrian clown.  But - regardless of one's view of the validity of the concept of "global warming"..... ...is there audio/video evidence of McCarver linking the (possible) long-term global warming issue to...blokes hitting balls with bats? ....hahaha....surely not??
    Posted by Chilliwings

There might be, but I didn't see it. What happened was, I was at my mom and dad's house, and dad was reading me an account off the computer about what McCarver said from a news site. It was recounted like a transcript between he and Buck of how the conversation went. When McCarver got done, Buck joked "so this is your inconvenient truth?". McCarver didn't actually use the term "global warming", but it was clear that what he was saying was that there were more HR's now because the temperatures were rising. I don't have a link, but the conversation did take place. It was a few weeks ago.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

So if we get rid of cows and baseball players Global Warming can be defeated?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : There might be, but I didn't see it. What happened was, I was at my mom and dad's house, and he was reading me an account off the computer about what McCarver said from a news site. It was recounted like a transcript between he and Buck of how the conversation went. When McCarver got done, Buck joked "so this is your inconvenient truth?". McCarver didn't actually use the term "global warming", but it was clear that what he was saying was that there were more HR's now because the temperatures were rising. I don't have a link, but the conversation did take place. It was a few weeks ago.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Exam, been meaning to ask you, hows your Dad doing?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Seems gone are the days where a Sox starter could go all summer pitching 7+ innings and icing the bats of the opposition.... we are now more like a sputtering machine.
    Posted by BurritoT

Like Pedro did? We're fresh out of Pedro's.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

Good pick up for Wil but was way too slow to throw to first...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Here we go again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : Exam, been meaning to ask you, hows your Dad doing?
    Posted by J-BAY

He's through 3 of 4-6 chemo treatments. He's actually doing better now than he was before the treatment started. The only side effects so far is that his white count is down, and he's lost just a little of his hair, but not much. Over all, his numbers are improving because of the treatment. He has treatment for one week, then three weeks off. Just finished treatment this week, so off the next three. But over all, doing well. Thanks for asking.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

We need another DP ....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Posted by BurritoT

Get rid of cows and the HR counts will drop to dead ball era rates.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Posted by BurritoT

If we got rid of cows, half a billion hindus in India (and around the world)  would rise up and burn down the offenders ... different kind of global warming.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Jbay did you create that DP?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

great DP!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : He's through 3 of 4-6 chemo treatments. He's actually doing better now than he was before the treatment started. The only side effects so far is that his white count is down, and he's lost just a little of his hair, but not much. Over all, his numbers are improving because of the treatment. He has treatment for one week, then three weeks off. Just finished treatment this week, so off the next three. But over all, doing well. Thanks for asking.
    Posted by TheExaminer

glad to hear it. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Love those double plays

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : Get rid of cows and the HR counts will drop to dead ball era rates.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Milk does a body good. Save the cows.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

Jbay did you create that DP?
    Posted by TheExaminer

Think I did!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : If we got rid of cows, half a billion hindus in India (and around the world)  would rise up and burn down the offenders ... different kind of global warming.
    Posted by SinceYaz

LOL....good one Yaz.

Sections
Shortcuts