Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread

In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : who'd a thunk it a month ago...bailey back at the break?
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

When Bailey does come back , do you think he gets the closer's job ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Niice Game. Goodnight everybody.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : When Bailey does come back , do you think he gets the closer's job ?
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Yes. He's the closer. Aceves will go back to long relief

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Enjoy the fog tomorrow morning Carnie!  HAha

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : Yes. He's the closer. Aceves will go back to long relief
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

That does not sound right.  Aceves deserves to either start or close.  He is too good for long relief. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : That does not sound right.  Aceves deserves to either start or close.  He is too good for long relief. 

They traded for Bailey to close. Aceves wont be able to start, not stretched out enough, especially with Dice K coming back. Dont see any other option

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

The stuff ESPN digs up! Middlebrooks and Saltalamacchia have a combined 26 letters in their last names. And that's the most ever by two teammates who hit home runs in the same game.
    I mean, how the hell do they dig that stuff up?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : They traded for Bailey to close. Aceves wont be able to start, not stretched out enough, especially with Dice K coming back. Dont see any other option
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    I think Aceves would not be happy, to say the least. And rightly so , in my opinion.  I don't look forward to DiceK coming back either. The last thing this rotation needs is another guy with no control.  We need starters that throw strikes and go deeper in the games. DiceK is not the answer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : I think Aceves would not be happy, to say the least. And rightly so , in my opinion.  I don't look forward to DiceK coming back either. The last thing this rotation needs is another guy with no control.  We need starters that throw strikes and go deeper in the games. DiceK is not the answer.

Aceves knows he's closing as a fill in, due to Baileys injury. Happy or not gale, its the way it should be. IDK about Dice K...if he wants to continue to play in MLB he'll be pitching for a new contract. There's Cook, also

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Lester is settling in nicely to an era of a solid 4

And who noticed him standing on the hill instead of running to back up home w/ men on and the ball hit hard off of him?  Twice........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]The stuff ESPN digs up! Middlebrooks and Saltalamacchia have a combined 26 letters in their last names. And that's the most ever by two teammates who hit home runs in the same game. I mean, how the hell do they dig that stuff up?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

It's really easy to do if you have the info in a database which they do.  All it requires is some backroom geek who can run the queries against the database.....