Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread

think all the pitching has taken a step back, since Farrell left

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : I cant stand him either, upper. I'm with you all the way on Merloni, too
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I turned the show off because of him. Arrogant sob....... I've been to Cooperstown twice..haven't seen his name anywhere but he thinks otherwise I guess. He's not even courteous to the others on the show with him

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Sox had better keep on scoring. Only way to win this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : Any time you start to think Lester has it figured out , he disappoints.  But it's not just him, our starting pitching is well below average. The reason we are in the basement. 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Yip, and until he gets tougher mentally, it'll never change. That's one thing I don't get about him. This guy beat cancer, how is it that he isn't tougher on the field for his victory? He just seems to randomly lose it for no reason.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]think all the pitching has taken a step back, since Farrell left
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    i agree with that 300%

PAPI GOES YARD!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : I turned the show off because of him. Arrogant sob....... I've been to Cooperstown twice..haven't seen his name anywhere but he thinks otherwise I guess. He's not even courteous to the others on the show with him
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

He's thrown the Sox organization under the bus more than once. think because of Nomar 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

PAPI!!!  HR DERBY

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

That's what I mean. Thanks to Manuel for staying with Blanton.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]think all the pitching has taken a step back, since Farrell left
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

You may have hit on it J, that could be a big part of the trouble, especially with Lester. He's not been the same since Farell left. Meanwhile, Papi picking us up!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

nice, someone hit the commercial button, thought there was a pitching change

and now there is

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]AGon may be a better outfielder than Ross.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

I love Cody Ross, have done so for years.  Absurdly, stupidly long swing...looks completely gormless when he (often) misses the pitch and looks like a wind-up-toy eggbeater.  Too short, too much eye black - no hair other than ears and nose - often looks silly in the OF....but....

...HE'S A CHEAP, HARD WORKING WARRIOR ON PACE FOR BIG TIME OFFENSIVE STATS in 2012....

....so what's the complaint?  Is it that 30 HR/100 RBI (or better) with relatively poor fielding from an (expected) platoon OF for only $3m is some sort of ripoff?

Idiots! Idiots! Idiots!

On a dollar/performance basis, who has delivered the most value for the 2012 Red Sox?

Aviles?  Sweeney?  Ross?  Ortiz?  Pedroia?  Doubrant?  Saltalamacchia?  The bullpen?

So Ross is hitting like Ralph Kiner....and fielding like Ralph Kiner....for a relative pauper's wage....so he's a rubbish loser because he doesn't hit like Willie Mays and field like Willie Mays.

Gotcha.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : I love Cody Ross, have done so for years.  Absurdly, stupidly long swing...looks completely gormless when he (often) misses the pitch and looks like a wind-up-toy eggbeater.  Too short, too much eye black - no hair other than ears and nose - often looks silly in the OF....but.... ...HE'S A CHEAP, HARD WORKING WARRIOR ON PACE FOR BIG TIME OFFENSIVE STATS in 2012.... ....so what's the complaint?  Is it that 30 HR/100 RBI (or better) with relatively poor fielding from an (expected) platoon OF for only $3m is some sort of ripoff? Idiots! Idiots! Idiots! On a dollar/performance basis, who has delivered the most value for the 2012 Red Sox? Aviles?  Sweeney?  Ross?  Ortiz?  Pedroia?  Doubrant?  Saltalamacchia?  The bullpen? So Ross is hitting like Ralph Kiner....and fielding like Ralph Kiner....for a relative pauper's wage....so he's a rubbish loser because he doesn't hit like Willie Mays and field like Willie Mays. Gotcha.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

Is that all you have to say?  LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

They said something about Ross maybe headed to the DL? What happened?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : You may have hit on it J, that could be a big part of the trouble, especially with Lester. He's not been the same since Farell left. Meanwhile, Papi picking us up!
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Reds came thru for us today. Arroyo looked good last night until the wheels fell off in the eight. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]They said something about Ross maybe headed to the DL? What happened?

hit the ball below his knee

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs. Philly Saturday game thread : I love Cody Ross, have done so for years.  Absurdly, stupidly long swing...looks completely gormless when he (often) misses the pitch and looks like a wind-up-toy eggbeater.  Too short, too much eye black - no hair other than ears and nose - often looks silly in the OF....but.... ...HE'S A CHEAP, HARD WORKING WARRIOR ON PACE FOR BIG TIME OFFENSIVE STATS in 2012.... ....so what's the complaint?  Is it that 30 HR/100 RBI (or better) with relatively poor fielding from an (expected) platoon OF for only $3m is some sort of ripoff? Idiots! Idiots! Idiots! On a dollar/performance basis, who has delivered the most value for the 2012 Red Sox? Aviles?  Sweeney?  Ross?  Ortiz?  Pedroia?  Doubrant?  Saltalamacchia?  The bullpen? So Ross is hitting like Ralph Kiner....and fielding like Ralph Kiner....for a relative pauper's wage....so he's a rubbish loser because he doesn't hit like Willie Mays and field like Willie Mays. Gotcha.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

Wow. You are having one of your off days. All I said was that AGon was a better outfielder than Ross.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]They said something about Ross maybe headed to the DL? What happened?

Took a ball off his Shin/ankle/foot at bat last night and left the game after striking out. That's all I know

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Let's see if Lester can settle down.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Jeter better watch out. His boyfriend, Timmy, is hot to trot on Petite now!  LOL