Sox vs Rays Thursday game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

Re: Sox vs Rays Thursday game thread

We need some runs....Im afraid 3 is not going to cut it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Sox vs Rays Thursday game thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs Rays Thursday game thread : And then some. The thing is, NYY are just a flip side of our own coin--they're our own kind, our classmates--much as we hate them. The Rays are like that snot nosed Jr. high brat three years younger than you, that lived two houses down and that used to annoy the heck out of you and your best friend, and run his mouth constantly. He did enough damage to make a nuisance of himself, but never actually amounted to anything in the end, it was just all noise. The Rays piece together this scrap heap/rookie lineup, which allows them to make a nuisance of themselves in the regular season, but it's very, very unlikely they'll ever win a WS with this el cheapo team. In order for them to win--like we've seen this week--something stupid has to happen to help them along. 2011 is case in point. It took a historic collapse and a NYY team pulling all it's frontliners to even get them in. One day the luck will run out, and the whole thing will crash in a heap.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

From your mouth to the Leprechaun's ears---oops, maybe we can borrow him from the Celtics--- they collapse.  Very good description of US, Yankees & Tampa...Bravo !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Good luck for the moment, but hold your hand up if you think we've seen the last of trouble this evening. I don't see any hands.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It would behoove us to get a couple more runs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Why doesn't this Red Sox team, just for ONCE, come out and punch this Tampa team in the face and knock them on their butt? How about some FIRE and BRIMSTONE here?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Why doesn't this Red Sox team, just for ONCE, come out and punch this Tampa team in the face and knock them on their butt? How about some FIRE and BRIMSTONE here?

But no, we meekly go out 123. I have a bad feeling that this game is already over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]Why doesn't this Red Sox team, just for ONCE, come out and punch this Tampa team in the face and knock them on their butt? How about some FIRE and BRIMSTONE here?

I feel a good A whooping coming soon

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs Rays Thursday game thread : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlEQcxk9v2w
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Got the dog dancin' to that one, Carnie....LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy_gsd7jlnY&feature=related

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs Rays Thursday game thread : But no, we meekly go out 123. I have a bad feeling that this game is already over.
    Yeah but you pretty much always have a bad feeling, Exam, no?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

nice bounce back inning.....RUNS, PLEASE!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]nice bounce back inning.....RUNS, PLEASE!!!
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Indeed.  That leadoff walk had me worried.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs Rays Thursday game thread : And then some. The thing is, NYY are just a flip side of our own coin--they're our own kind, our classmates--much as we hate them. The Rays are like that snot nosed Jr. high brat three years younger than you, that lived two houses down and that used to annoy the heck out of you and your best friend, and run his mouth constantly. He was always trying to tag along with you like he wanted to be like you, but couldn't stop being a smart elek and running you down at the same time. He did enough damage to make a nuisance of himself, but never actually amounted to anything in the end, it was just all noise. The Rays piece together this scrap heap/rookie lineup, which allows them to make a nuisance of themselves in the regular season, but it's very, very unlikely they'll ever win a WS with this el cheapo team. In order for them to win--like we've seen this week--something stupid has to happen to help them along. 2011 is case in point. It took a historic collapse and a NYY team pulling all it's frontliners to even get them in. One day the luck will run out, and the whole thing will crash in a heap.

The heap has already started. The have  a 33 yr old from the Lehigh Iron Pigs in the lineup

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

went out to pick a bowl of cherries, glad to see we survived the bottom of the inning.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs Rays Thursday game thread : The heap has already started. The have  a 33 yr old from the Lehigh Iron Pigs in the lineup
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

Yip. What happens when all these "top young stars" come up for renewal and run out of there so fast they leave a vapor trail? And since they've been a "top team" recently, where will the great draft picks be?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]nice bounce back inning.....RUNS, PLEASE!!!
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

In THIS stadium? Don't hold your breath J.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

Funny how the hype talk about Middlebrooks has vanished and no more talk of getting rid of Youk's ...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs Rays Thursday game thread : Yip. What happens when all these "top young stars" come up for renewal and run out of there so fast they leave a vapor trail? And since they've been a "top team" recently, where will the great draft picks be?

You're right! The only good pickins' will be your cherries

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Nice recovery Marlon

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Funny how the hype talk about Middlebrooks has vanished and no more talk of getting rid of Youk's ...
    Posted by CA_Sox[/QUOTE]

Yes, I had the sneaky suspicion he might cool off when the book got around on him. I think he'll be a good one, but I don't think he's all the way there yet either. Sending him back down wouldn't be the end of the world. Meanwhile, two outs on three pitches? Thank you very much.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

We just might win this one 3-2!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs Rays Thursday game thread : You're right! The only good pickins' will be your cherries
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

They are this year, but I think my tree may be dying. The past couple of years the cherries have begun to decay as soon as they reach maturity. They told me it was a disease and gave me spray for it, but it didn't help. They're not doing that this year, but about half the tree looks like it's dead. :-(

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Is that it for FD?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox vs Rays Thursday game thread : STADIUM? you're being too kind. land fill would be more appropriate.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

You're right, I stand corrected.....And you know what burns me the most are the stupid sound effects, the cow bells, and the fog horns. The fans have no baseball savvy. At least in NYY they have some sophistication. When they make signs and banners, they at least have some creativity--not cliche'd stupid, ammature crap like we see in TB.

Sections
Shortcuts