Sox vs Royals Tuesday game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Sox vs Royals Tuesday game thread

I have to tell you , some of these comments are unbelievable.  First off , this bullpen is totally gassed from the weekend . That is why he left him in. When he did go to the pen , look what happened. Now you want to put Bard back in the pen , when he just pitched the best game any of our starters has had recently. I swear to God , all you want to do is complain. Try to understand the situation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

It is true... this starting rotation is just plain bad... there is no ace and in my mind we have a bunch of 3s 4s and 5s which is why their era is so high....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

In Response to Re: Sox vs Royals Tuesday game thread:
    Albers suc#s. good night everybody, when we pitch we, do not hit. When we hit there is no pitching. This team is flat out bad that the Royals are giving them fits. By the time all our injured guys get back, we will need a helicopter to get us out of the hole we dug. Thanks Larry and John for all the great pickups and depth you picked up in the offseason. Good Night Everybody.
    Posted by AL34

The pickups were fine. Did you expect Crawford to be out this long and Ellsbury to go down? We had Crawford, Ellsbury, Ross, Sweeney, and Mcdonald as a 5th spot. Everyone wanted Bard as a starter, Bard wanted to be a starter. We had 5 good starters going into the season with two starters on the DL what were we supposed to do? The bullpen has been great but is still shot from the 17 inning game. BV made a mistake by keeping Bard out there but how can you complain about the team you have infront of you? Not every team is lucky enough to have the players we have. If it wasn't for the injury bug that hit this team we would have a great team. The GM can't just trade for a whole new team because some of his players are on the DL... Then what do we do?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Wouldn't it be something if Miller actually turned out to be a good pitcher?  When he is able to stay around the plate he is almost unhittable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

No bullpen after that disaster of a game on Sunday that depleted us completely. That is why he left Bard in. In response to "Re: Sox vs Royals Tuesday game thread":
    Posted by AL34

No way, they had Monday, and all day today.......BS.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: Sox vs Royals Tuesday game thread : And McClure.  It was obvious to everyone but them that Daniel had lost it.
    Posted by joel49

Yeah, McClure seems to escape any crticism. Why is that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to Re: Sox vs Royals Tuesday game thread : Can't you see why he left him ? Look what just happened.
    Posted by dgalehouse

This is largely BV fault because let him pitch out of it or quickly pull him after the first batter. He is extremely reactionary. Every game it seems he determines when to pull a pitcher based how his decision worked the game before. This is, assuming the Sox lose, is one in a handful of games loses because of BV not knowing when to pull a pitcher. This is one of reasons the rotation has a high ERA. BV makes sure his pitchers go 7 innings and give up 5 run. He is just bad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

No this is on Bobby V.   Bard never should have come out for the 8th.  Poor managing here.
    Posted by Mchampion

Your Right.................

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

This is ALL ON BARD do not blame the mgr for letting Bard start the 8th! If Bard has to be rescued after 86 pitches then he does NOT belong in any rotation, grow a pair Daniel and dont wet your pants every time there is a runner on base. And Albers just sucks dfa his fat assssssss

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from august271985. Show august271985's posts

In Response to Re: Sox vs Royals Tuesday game thread :   BV just dont get it, left him in to long. cost us this game, POD in Maine...
    Posted by 56redsox

You're positive Albers wouldn't have crapped himself if he would have started the inning? You realize we don't have a fresh pen full of HOFers?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Sox vs Royals Tuesday game thread : The pickups were fine. Did you expect Crawford to be out this long and Ellsbury to go down? We had Crawford, Ellsbury, Ross, Sweeney, and Mcdonald as a 5th spot. Everyone wanted Bard as a starter, Bard wanted to be a starter. We had 5 good starters going into the season with two starters on the DL what were we supposed to do? The bullpen has been great but is still shot from the 17 inning game. BV made a mistake by keeping Bard out there but how can you complain about the team you have infront of you? Not every team is lucky enough to have the players we have. If it wasn't for the injury bug that hit this team we would have a great team. The GM can't just trade for a whole new team because some of his players are on the DL... Then what do we do?
    Posted by zack5042

Out of the mouths of babes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

I have to tell you , some of these comments are unbelievable.  First off , this bullpen is totally gassed from the weekend . That is why he left him in. When he did go to the pen , look what happened. Now you want to put Bard back in the pen , when he just pitched the best game any of our starters has had recently. I swear to God , all you want to do is complain. Try to understand the situation.
    Posted by dgalehouse

I'm not complainging. I'm simply stating the fact that any pitcher that can't last 90 pitches shouldn't be starting... He might've had the best game of any of our starters recently but that doesn't mean we should keep him in the starting rotation. Every game he has gone he has only been able to get to 90 pitches then he breaks down.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

I will say this....Broxton is definitely someone the Sox can hit...and he gets flustered with runners on...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I suppose if he had pulled Bard after the first walk , Albers would not have given up the home run?  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Dgale read the post b4 yours. I agree with you. response to "Re: Sox vs Royals Tuesday game thread":
    I have to tell you , some of these comments are unbelievable.  First off , this bullpen is totally gassed from the weekend . That is why he left him in. When he did go to the pen , look what happened. Now you want to put Bard back in the pen , when he just pitched the best game any of our starters has had recently. I swear to God , all you want to do is complain. Try to understand the situation. Posted by dgalehouse

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

This one is all on the manager.  seven good innings in a one run game and he just punched out a guy to end the seventh and leave a guy on base.  Come on what kind of thinking does it take to make the move.  Did grady Little just become reincarnated.  and the bullpen had yesterday off because padilla pitched 3 innings so everyone else could have gone.  Just pathetic amanging tonight. Sorry...and liked Bobby V but he has no clue how to manage his pitching staff after I see tonights mismanagement of this game and staff.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

I also feel like if Middlebrooks didn't leave the game early we would've had more than a 2 run lead...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Please against our team my 15 year old daughter could look like CY Young and our anemic hitting. In response to "Re: Sox vs Royals Tuesday game thread":
    I will say this....Broxton is definitely someone the Sox can hit...and he gets flustered with runners on... Posted by CA_Sox

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Sox vs Royals Tuesday game thread : I'm not complainging. I'm simply stating the fact that any pitcher that can't last 90 pitches shouldn't be starting... He might've had the best game of any of our starters recently but that doesn't mean we should keep him in the starting rotation. Every game he has gone he has only been able to get to 90 pitches then he breaks down.
    Posted by zack5042

This is all new to him. Takes time to get stretched out. He was still better than the others.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Please against our team my 15 year old daughter could look like CY Young and our anemic hitting. In response to "Re: Sox vs Royals Tuesday game thread":
    Posted by AL34

If you honestly feel so ill towards the team why are you even a fan? We have produced the 4th amount of runs in baseball... Second in the American league.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Posted by dgalehouse

I don't want Bard back in the pen. Not buying the whole pen gassed after 2 days rest though. Albers would not be my choice however. I don't think he even belongs on the team. Melancon has been buried in Pawtucket and he should have Albers slot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

damn.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I suppose if he had pulled Bard after the first walk , Albers would not have given up the home run?  
    Posted by dgalehouse

Maybe, maybe not.  No way to know, obviously.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

This loss belongs to the manager and no one else.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

This is just a bad team with throwaways and Guys who could not be on another roster but ours. This team is flat out cooked and its on Lucky Larry Luchinno and John Henry who wanted to save money this year and sacrificed the whole year to save money next year. Young Ben is in way over is head with these two guys. They will sacrifice him to save themselves.

Sections
Shortcuts