Sox weaknesses as of May 2, 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Sox weaknesses as of May 2, 2013

They can't be too numerous because right now Boston is 2d in the AL in ERA and 2d in runs scored.  So the hitting and pitching are there.  Defense has been pretty good too. 

So I see just two areas of concern right now--bullpen and bottom third of the lineup.  And I think the bottom third is about to right itself, so that kind of leaves the bullpen. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Sox weaknesses as of May 2, 2013

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

They can't be too numerous because right now Boston is 2d in the AL in ERA and 2d in runs scored.  So the hitting and pitching are there.  Defense has been pretty good too. 

So I see just two areas of concern right now--bullpen and bottom third of the lineup.  And I think the bottom third is about to right itself, so that kind of leaves the bullpen. 

Even though the bullpen has had an iffy week, I'm not ready to say they're a concern, or a weakness.

Even the best of pitchers go through rough patches, during a season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Drew has been heating up over the last week or so and Middy is slowly making adjustments. I think Ross and Salty are what they are, but the other 2 should be fine.

The bullpen has had a couple blips on the radar, but nothing out of the norm IMO. The bench players have been more than adequate.

As of right now I really don't see anything of major concern.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

So, softlaw2, if you are serious, are you willing to make a prediction on how the Sox finish in 2013?  Sounds to me as though you think 70 wins, tops, what with a marginal rotation, weak hitting in the middle of the lineup (which has to include Ortiz and Napoli), etc.  So, please, tell us how all those weaknesses translate into wins and losses. 

I do agree the end of the season is the final determinant of success.  Of course, if the Sox win the AL East, you will gripe endlessly if they then fail to win the WS.  And, if the Sox win the WS, you will say something like, "well that sure took long enough.  With this payroll the Sox should win the WS every year." 

But that's OK because we all enjoy reading your assessments. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

A day or so ago the Soft One made a usual idiotic comment that it was too early into the season to assess this team but it sure sounds like he's doing exactly that. All Softy does is consistently contradict himself. A really good reason to block the Soft One. It's hard to reason with someone who doesn't want to listen. The same affect as talking to a wall. 

Hetch

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Did the Great Soft One actually say or write something. I thought I heard an echo come from my computer !! I guess the wall answered but like the tree that falls in the forest when no one is around to hear it, I fail to hear the Great Softy. AHHHH !! Such peace in life on the BDC whem I do not have to read JIBBERISH !! Hetch Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Wrong! All that matters is where the Red Sox are at the end of the season.

Last year's team was a .500 baseball team, despite the injuries to major labor contract cost profiles, and removing Beckett from the clubhouse was tardy but an immediate benefit.

softy's math means 69 wins is .500, and the "immediate benfit" of losing Beckett?

Pre-trade:  60-67

Post-trade: 9-26

Offense helped at Fenway? Sure we are, but....

Away numbers:

Team BA:

1) Bos  .295  (.261 at home)

2) Oak .282

Team OBP:

1) Oak  .378

2) Bos  .374  (.333 at home)

3) Col  .348

Team SLG:

1) Bos  .495 (.437 at home)

2) Cle  .475

Team OPS:

1) Bos  .869  (.770 at home)

2) Bos  .843

Please, don't start another "do the math" thread.

Spare us!

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts