Sox will get swept...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Sox will get swept...

Watching this stacked Detroit lineup and seeing their third best pitcher throwing a no no over six gave me this sinking feeling from the third inning on...

I fear being down 2-0 going to the Motor City with Verlander tossing the next game will spell doom

Clay better bring his A game today

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Sox will get swept...

Stacked lineup? They scored one run last night, and other than one game have been awful the entire post season. If you want to blame someone, blame the Red Sox hitters. They took too many good pitches and swung at too many balls. Not Red Sox baseball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stacked lineup? They scored one run last night, and other than one game have been awful the entire post season. If you want to blame someone, blame the Red Sox hitters. They took too many good pitches and swung at too many balls. Not Red Sox baseball.

[/QUOTE]

our 3-5 hitters would be batting 6-8 on this team....just saying

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

geo, the Red Sox scored 57 runs more than the Tigers did this year, playing in a better division.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No they wouldn't.

Unless the manager was fatally stupid and thought Austin Jackson deserved more at-bats than Dustin Pedroia...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No they wouldn't.

Unless the manager was fatally stupid and thought Austin Jackson deserved more at-bats than Dustin Pedroia...

[/QUOTE]

Ellsbury would leadoff, Pedrioa would bat second, Papi would bat 5th 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

It's kind of harsh to call for a Tigers' sweep after one loss.  It's going to be tough, but I have faith in our boys.  They have shown resilience all season long.  After being frustrated last night, our line up will be out for vengeance tonight.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I was way out of bounds posting that the Sox would win that game.  Thought they would put up a bunch of runs against Detroit's 3rd starter. Way, way wrong.  But Detroit didn't exactly light up the scoreboard against Lester.  He pitched a gem last night and got nothing for it.

It would be unfair to call out some of the usual suspects, because no one but Nava had a good swing the whole game.  Not one sharply hit ball, not one tough defensive play for the Tigers. Nothing but strikeout, popout, groundout.  Nothing.  

Sox were one of two teams to beat Scherzer, but it's not going to happen twice, imo.  Looks like it'll be 2-0 going back to Detroit.  We really needed Oakland to beat the Tigers.  Tigers just took back homefield advantage, can let their rotation fall back into place, and should win the AL.  

Sox' bats appear to be done against top pitching...they left around 26 men on in the last two games against TB.  Left a bunch last night, too.  They're done putting up runs.  Their shot at making the WS rests on pitching and defense now.  So, how much does Ellsbury's contract ride on this series?  Can his stock drop because he cannot hit the Tigers?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Meaningless. Just like "total runs". Get back with me when there is a "total runs" scoreboard that means anything, other than the 8 games these teams have played. Ever heard of ballparks being different. No, you still cling to a Red Sox team with a fatal flaw because of "balanced lineup and total season runs" nonsense. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah right, you decide for everybody here what's meaningful and what's meaningless.  

I'm talking to the normal people here.  You are to be ignored.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

geo, the Red Sox scored 57 runs more than the Tigers did this year, playing in a better division.

Meaningless. Just like "total runs". Get back with me when there is a "total runs" scoreboard that means anything, other than the 8 games these teams have played. Ever heard of ballparks being different. No, you still cling to a Red Sox team with a fatal flaw because of "balanced lineup and total season runs" nonsense. 

[/QUOTE]

I was really hoping you would guarantee a Sox win this series.

I would feel a lot better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    I'm talking to the normal people here.   

[/QUOTE]

LOL

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Just my take on the way the series will unfold...i really wanted to play Oakland....hopefully Clay can pull one out and bring it to Det tied

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

The Sox have a chance, but I'd make the following changes tonight:

Carp at 1B for Napoli. Napoli is reverting back to his awful K self and why not put a lefty in there against a righty. 

Salty will be behind the plate and give you more production that Ross.

Bogaearts will be at SS tonight. Farrell himself said that these guys will play. Better tonight than against Verlander in Game 2.

Mark my word.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Sox have a chance, but I'd make the following changes tonight:

Carp at 1B for Napoli. Napoli is reverting back to his awful K self and why not put a lefty in there against a righty. 

Salty will be behind the plate and give you more production that Ross.

Bogaearts will be at SS tonight. Farrell himself said that these guys will play. Better tonight than against Verlander in Game 2.

Mark my word.

[/QUOTE]

It's Scherzer in game 2, not Verlander.  Sox beat Scherzer once this season.

But they certainly cannot play any worse, at least not offensively.  My concern is Buchholz:  Can he give up 3 runs and still win?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

Of course you would, but I specifically didn't ask my source the  winner of this series because I want to be entertained by the ALCS. 

[/QUOTE]

There you have it folks.  Fireman has a source who knows the winner of every series.  Maybe Fireman's source is a guy who is visiting us from the future.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ortiz had a much better year then Fielder or Martinez. Much.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's kind of harsh to call for a Tigers' sweep after one loss.  It's going to be tough, but I have faith in our boys.  They have shown resilience all season long.  After being frustrated last night, our line up will be out for vengeance tonight.

[/QUOTE]

Just ADG being ADG.  He hasn't had a lot to gloat over this season.

And last we saw of him, the score was 2-0 TB, and he was gloating we couldn't hit lefties.  12 runs later, he had to go into hiding.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sad but true.  He's as crazy as a bed bug, but when he is on, he knows his BB.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ortiz had a much better year then Fielder or Martinez. Much.

[/QUOTE]

Just Geo being Geo.  Miggy is a beast, but Fielder and VMart are at .819 & .785.  Papi and Napoli are at .959 and .842.  I assume Geo hasn't looked at stats in a few years, and remembers those two names from 2-3 years ago.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I blame Sanchez.  He was good last night.  Sometimes I'll get annoyed at missed opportunties, but he flat shut us down.  There were about a week's worth of check-swing strikes.  I wanted to be annoyed at that, but they all looked like okay calls.

Sometimes the other guy just beats you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Speaking of Sanchez....I think I am the only guy who wanted to sign him or Grienke for mad money...we got Dempster instead....How good wouldve that dude looked in a sox uniform last night....

Sections
Shortcuts