Sox will get swept...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: Sox will get swept...

In response to The4040club's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's what we already knew:  The Tigers have three outstanding pitchers -when they're on.  Last night Sanchez brought his A++ game and if Scherzer does it today it could be another long evening.  By the same token, if Buch brings his A++ game it could be a long evening for the Tigers.

What will happen will happen, but I refuse to get down on the Red Sox hitters just because they ran up against a superior pitcher last night.  Nobody would have hit Sanchez with the stuff he brought.  And if the same thing happens tonight I'll be saying the same thing tomorrow.  This team can hit, it's just that the old axiom is true that good pitching beats good hitting. 

[/QUOTE]

if the same thing happens game three and four you'll be saying the same thing.

[/QUOTE]
    That could very well be, if it's true. 

The Tigers have an excellent pitching staff when everyone brings their A+ game as Sanchez did last night.

Sanchez has the best ERA of any regular starter in the AL.

Scherzer is almost a lock for the Cy Young award.

And Verlander is... Verlander.

As little as we like to admit it, the Detroit staff could throttle the Red Sox offense completely if the three of them bring their A+ game.  And if that happens it'll say more about the Detroit pitching staff than it will about the Red Sox hitters.

If that shoe were on the other foot and the Red Sox pitchers gave up no earned runs through three ALDS games would you say it was because the Red Sox pitchers are superior, or would you say it's because the Tigers just plain can't hit?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

you people should listen to me because i know the game and understand matchups...listening to you folks drone on about how Sanchez is the same as Dempster only drives the point home that some of you are insane

you put the Tiger lineup in Fenway for 81 games and their 3-6 guys break all sorts of records

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Ummm ... about that sweep?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Welp, there goes the sweep.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stacked lineup? They scored one run last night, and other than one game have been awful the entire post season. If you want to blame someone, blame the Red Sox hitters. They took too many good pitches and swung at too many balls. Not Red Sox baseball.

[/QUOTE]

our 3-5 hitters would be batting 6-8 on this team....just saying

[/QUOTE]

No they wouldn't.

Unless the manager was fatally stupid and thought Austin Jackson deserved more at-bats than Dustin Pedroia...

[/QUOTE]

Ellsbury would leadoff, Pedrioa would bat second, Papi would bat 5th 

[/QUOTE]

Well, he only commented on our 3-5 hitters (Pedroia / Ortiz / Napoli).  I am not assuming a flull-blown combined team here...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Ummm ... about that sweep?"

Geo can't comment right now, he's taking some alone time with the Tigers roster photos....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Like all geos predictions this one was wrong.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

Watching this stacked Detroit lineup and seeing their third best pitcher throwing a no no over six gave me this sinking feeling from the third inning on...

I fear being down 2-0 going to the Motor City with Verlander tossing the next game will spell doom

Clay better bring his A game today

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stacked lineup? They scored one run last night, and other than one game have been awful the entire post season. If you want to blame someone, blame the Red Sox hitters. They took too many good pitches and swung at too many balls. Not Red Sox baseball.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No they wouldn't.

Unless the manager was fatally stupid and thought Austin Jackson deserved more at-bats than Dustin Pedroia...

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, he only commented on our 3-5 hitters (Pedroia / Ortiz / Napoli).  I am not assuming a flull-blown combined team here...

[/QUOTE]

I was responding to the Austin Jackson post above...If I stick to the 3 through 5 premiss then Papi would bat fifth in the tigers lineup over Martinez. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

new series calibration/prediction

7 games

they win game 3

we win game 4

we win game 5

they win game 6

i have a heart attack by game 7

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from czap. Show czap's posts

[QUOTE]

new series calibration/prediction

7 games

they win game 3

we win game 4

we win game 5

they win game 6

i have a heart attack by game 7

[/QUOTE]
    Geo you are an Abag. How many times will you change in 7 games? Clown.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The problem is not Ortiz and Napoli vs Miggy and Fielder. The problem for us in this series is the excellent top three SP on the Detroit Tigers vs our good top three. 

Actually, that was a very good way to phrase it.  I'll give you a +1 on this one Pumpsie.  You see two AS's atop a rotation often enough, but three is a very tough number to overcome.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Management, perhaps unknowingly, played the Tex FA just like I would have played it!

[/QUOTE]

My guess is that we played them.  We didn't really need him with Youk at 1st.  And the NYY were going to sign him almost no matter what happened.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No they wouldn't.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was responding to the Austin Jackson post above...If I stick to the 3 through 5 premiss then Papi would bat fifth in the tigers lineup over Martinez. 

[/QUOTE]

and fourth over fielder.  Google some stats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'll take Papi batting 4th over Prince as well.

Our line-up is about balance, and without the bottom of our order getting on base to set up Papi, we lose. Without Salty's big hit, we may have lost.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

you people should listen to me because i know the game and understand matchups...listening to you folks drone on about how Sanchez is the same as Dempster only drives the point home that some of you are insane

you put the Tiger lineup in Fenway for 81 games and their 3-6 guys break all sorts of records

[/QUOTE]

The only probably with that stunning statistical analysis is that we scored waaaaaaay more runs on the road than the Tigers did.  Care to explain that one?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No they wouldn't.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Team A   Team B

#3     1.012     .780

#4     .789       .927

#5     .781       .820

#6     .753       .811

I don't think anyone in the world thinks that Miggy isn't a beast.  The idea that their other guys are better than ours is not borne out by the data.  Even over the entire range, it is still almost identical.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

broom....meet fireplace Sealed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Watching this stacked Detroit lineup and seeing their third best pitcher throwing a no no over six gave me this sinking feeling from the third inning on...

I fear being down 2-0 going to the Motor City with Verlander tossing the next game will spell doom

Clay better bring his A game today

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Geo's kitchen?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No one should ever listen to you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No they wouldn't.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and fourth over fielder.  Google some stats.

[/QUOTE]

No need to be rude....I have a pretty firm grasp on "stats"...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Here's how our slots and the Tigers' hit in the regular season:

SOX  Tigers

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Yet again, Vegas bookies take note, always bet against Geo.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Here's how our slots and the Tigers' hit in the regular season:

SOX  Tigers

1 770  751   +29 (15 points in OBP)

2 807  795   +12

3 780 1012  -232

4 927  789  +138

5 820  781   +39

6 811  753   +58

7 750  726   +24

8 781  689   +92

9 703  708   -8