Sox will get swept...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Sox will get swept...

hey geo, take a 5 lb suk pill with out any water son. get outta my face..................

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Here's how the SP'ers compare:  (ERA+/OPS against

S ox             Tigers

1) 234/.546   163/.616

2) 116/.704   145/.583 

3) 109/.703   121/.691

4) 101/.664   115/.711

Sox: Buch, Lackey, Lester, Peavy based in order or ERA+

Tigers: Sanchezs, Scherzer, Verlander, Fister

Although the red makes it look pretty close, the Tigers have us clearly outmached with their starting 4.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

damn, i shouldve known leyland was going to pull a Maddon and remove the most dominant pitcher of the year on the road in the pennant so that his scrub bullpen would load up the bases so that he could pitch a righty to papi...

you people have no clue how fortunate the sox are...

games 3,4,5 are in Detroit

Even someone as dense as hammah might see the writing on the wall

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

damn, i shouldve known leyland was going to pull a Maddon and remove the most dominant pitcher of the year on the road in the pennant so that his scrub bullpen would load up the bases so that he could pitch a righty to papi...

[/QUOTE]

I think people realize how fortunate the Sox were last night Geo.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kaiser Souze. Show Kaiser Souze's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    haha. was wondering how you would twist this. great work.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that MLB-leading 97-65 record was nothing but luck.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

you people should listen to me because i know the game and understand matchups...listening to you folks drone on about how Sanchez is the same as Dempster only drives the point home that some of you are insane

you put the Tiger lineup in Fenway for 81 games and their 3-6 guys break all sorts of records

[/QUOTE]

The only probably with that stunning statistical analysis is that we scored waaaaaaay more runs on the road than the Tigers did.  Care to explain that one?

[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for Geo to explain how the Tigers would be breaking records at Fenway, but don't socre nearly as much on the road as the Red Sox do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

you people should listen to me because i know the game and understand matchups...listening to you folks drone on about how Sanchez is the same as Dempster only drives the point home that some of you are insane

you put the Tiger lineup in Fenway for 81 games and their 3-6 guys break all sorts of records

[/QUOTE]

The only probably with that stunning statistical analysis is that we scored waaaaaaay more runs on the road than the Tigers did.  Care to explain that one?

[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for Geo to explain how the Tigers would be breaking records at Fenway, but don't socre nearly as much on the road as the Red Sox do.

[/QUOTE]

Cabrara might put up some monster numbers in Fenway Park...we had Vmart for a year and a half...he was good but I didn't see any records set. Fielder would not be spectacular in Fenway Park. Far as today's game goes....maybe Verlander throws 120 pitches in 5-6 innings and the Sox get into Detroits bullpen again. The Sox did lose 3 out of 4 games in Detroit...one when Andrew Bailey blew a 9th inning lead and another when an umpire ruled that Nava dropped a fly ball that ended up giving the Tigers 3 runs and another win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Cabrara might put up some monster numbers in Fenway Park...we had Vmart for a year and a half...he was good but I didn't see any records set. Fielder would not be spectacular in Fenway Park.

Miggy doesn't hit as well at Fenway as he does most places (.802 career).  Fielder and VMart are lefties, which doesn't help much in Fenway.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

new series calibration/prediction

7 games

they win game 3

we win game 4

we win game 5

they win game 6

i have a heart attack by game 7

[/QUOTE]

So you went from a sweep to 7 games? That's quite a drastic change after only one game.