Sox will send Yanks to wild card

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Sox will send Yanks to wild card

The OP's record is intact, as an impostor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to greatestNYY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Soxpatsceltss1988's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Sox will show their true grit this week and take 2 out of 3 to the tottering Yanks and hand the division to the O's.  The Yanks will be forced into a do or die game on Friday, where they will most likely die.  Book it.

[/QUOTE]

Wishful thinking.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe so, but if it happens there will, finally, be some joy in RSN. Even more joy if they manage to sweep the Bankees (OOPS...gotta watch those cleve nicknames...the Nickname Police are everywhere). I am not expecting much from the Red Sox, but if they do manage to hurt the Evil Empire it would be fine with me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I don't believe the Red Sox will win more than one game in New York or could even be swept by the Yankees.  They haven't been winning many games lately.   Although, I suppose that anything is possible. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The O's look like they can beat any team, right now. I expect them to win at least 2 of 3 in Tampa. The Sox are playing with house money, the NYY are playing under pressure, for their division lives, after blowing a 10 game lead. If the Sox can win one against the NYY, it will  force a one game playoff. The fact both teams will have to play hard down the stretch and wont have the opportunity to rest starters and set up their rotation. I'll be satisfied.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Going to the game tonight!!! Lets go Sox!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't believe the Red Sox will win more than one game in New York or could even be swept by the Yankees.  They haven't been winning many games lately.   Although, I suppose that anything is possible. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats reality checking back in. What you wrote is true. I will be backing the Sox for this series as a protected draft pick is a near certainty now, and hurting the Bankees is all we have left.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

s.w.e.e.p.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to greatestNYY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

[/QUOTE]

You seem nervous.....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

s.w.e.e.p.

[/QUOTE]lol..Slasher, going down swinging huh? :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Bad news for the Yankees is that they purposely put their three best pitchers of the Yankees staff to go against the Red Sox.  If they lose their division, Yankees will have a harder time to set up their rotation for the playoff such as who should pitch in the wildcard playoff game as well who should pitch for game #1 if they win the wildcard.

All Orioles need to do is to lose or win the same amount the Yankees do this week cuz the Orioles win the tiebreaker!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If the Sox force the yanks to use Kuroda going into the 1 game play-in game, the yanks could have a tough time going deep in the playoffs this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Sox force the yanks to use Kuroda going into the 1 game play-in game, the yanks could have a tough time going deep in the playoffs this year.

[/QUOTE] they could have a tough time even if they don't... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Aviles Vs Sabathia

AB-16 H-6 AVG-.375

Ciriaco Vs Sabathia

AB-3 H-2 AVG-.667

Sit Iggy Down In This One.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] they could have a tough time even if they don't... 

[/QUOTE]

True, and the teams with the extra day off will be much better positioned with their starting rotations.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i wish we had an opportunity to have a tough time going further in the playoffs.  sigh.

@ Jete - ALWAYS!  ;)

if the yanks and o's finish with same record do they have a playoff game to decide who wins division?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Adding the 5th team and 2d wild card in both leagues was a smart move by MLB if the intent was to strengthen the chances for division leaders.  I frankly think the wild card was fine the way it was because it is entirely possible that a lousy team would win a division and a very good team would barely be beaten out for a division title and have to be a wild card.  Under the system before this year, that very good wild card team (like the Sox in 2004) would have a fair shot in the playoffs.  There are of course financial reasons to add that 5th team.  I wonder how good attendance has been in this first year of ten playoff teams (and lots more contenders). 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

This is simple - Tampa needs to win two, NY wins two and Oakland wins two and then I am a happy puppy. Anything besides that turns all of this into a crap shoot for NY. Either way, they are in the post-season, so 1st item on the checklist can be marked off.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is simple - Tampa needs to win two, NY wins two and Oakland wins two and then I am a happy puppy. Anything besides that turns all of this into a crap shoot for NY. Either way, they are in the post-season, so 1st item on the checklist can be marked off.

[/QUOTE]

would that be funny if Yankees lose two, Orioles lose two and Oakland win two games....all would tied for the wildcard spot!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

s.w.e.e.p.

[/QUOTE]

You always say that

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The O's look like they can beat any team, right now. I expect them to win at least 2 of 3 in Tampa. The Sox are playing with house money, the NYY are playing under pressure, for their division lives, after blowing a 10 game lead. If the Sox can win one against the NYY, it will  force a one game playoff. The fact both teams will have to play hard down the stretch and wont have the opportunity to rest starters and set up their rotation. I'll be satisfied.

[/QUOTE]

"The O's look like they can beat any team, right now"

Not exactly true.

Both the Orioles and Yankees split their last series with Toronto the difference being Baltimore was at home.

Sections
Shortcuts