Sox will win it all---and here's why

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Sox will win it all---and here's why

As far as the playoffs are concernbed: 8 to go, Beckett and Lester slated for 1/2 of those games, unless they are not needed for the last two (obviously). And the Rays are NOT going to take 5 of their 7 with the Yankees.

The Playoffs? Sox have as good as anyone when it comes to the front 2 and the back 2. Buchholz will be available and, hopefully, we have seen the last of Lackey and Wakefield

The World Series? Same as above, plus they have a FAR better offense than the Phillies, and are more likely to have less trouble with the Phillies starters, than vice versa.

Pull up Bodog and get it down now!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Sox will win it all---and here's why

In Response to Sox will win it all---and here's why:
    [QUOTE]As far as the playoffs are concernbed: 8 to go, Beckett and Lester slated for 1/2 of those games, unless they are not needed for the last two (obviously). And the Rays are NOT going to take 5 of their 7 with the Yankees. The Playoffs? Sox have as good as anyone when it comes to the front 2 and the back 2. Buchholz will be available and, hopefully, we have seen the last of Lackey and Wakefield The World Series? Same as above, plus they have a FAR better offense than the Phillies, and are more likely to have less trouble with the Phillies starters, than vice versa. Pull up Bodog and get it down now!
    Posted by bosoxmal[/QUOTE]

Funny post, given that Buchholz hasn't thrown a pitch in months.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

About time an upbeat post...I would not be surprised if Sox go on a run...and when they do, look out...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Sox will win it all---and here's why:
    [QUOTE]About time an upbeat post...I would not be surprised if Sox go on a run...and when they do, look out...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

And the run is based on their rotation of Beckett and who?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I think the Buchholz rust factor is over-stated.  Bedard missed more time than Buch, and he has not had a bad start as a member of the Sox.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Love the optimism, but the Sox do have trouble against even mediocre pitching.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I havent lost hope at all. the playoffs are a new season. anything can happen and when you have Beckett and Lester, your chances are good.

I must say I am so disgusted with a few players:

Lackey - terrible. i was there last night and he should not pitch again this year. couldn't even get a win with an 11 run support. pathetic.

Dice K - where the f did u go

JD Drew - retire already.

Crawford - a stiff neck? really?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from firetheo. Show firetheo's posts

[QUOTE]As far as the playoffs are concernbed: 8 to go, Beckett and Lester slated for 1/2 of those games, unless they are not needed for the last two (obviously). And the Rays are NOT going to take 5 of their 7 with the Yankees. The Playoffs? Sox have as good as anyone when it comes to the front 2 and the back 2. Buchholz will be available and, hopefully, we have seen the last of Lackey and Wakefield The World Series? Same as above, plus they have a FAR better offense than the Phillies, and are more likely to have less trouble with the Phillies starters, than vice versa. Pull up Bodog and get it down now!

unfortunately, you'll be seeing slackey for 3 more years. and 1st off, the SOX aren't going to the playoffs and 2ND, even if they did they're definitely not going to the WS, and 3rd, the PHILS would shut the SOX down in 4.
    anybody who plays the SOX, their offense is automatically improved because the SOX have the worst pitching of any team in the playoff hunt.

firetheo says: "fire theo!"
    firetheo says "

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

If we make the PS with Bedard and Clay somewhat healthy I totally agree.  Like Pede said in a post game interview after the first game yesterday "if our team is healthy and playing well" there isn't a team in baseball that can beat us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Every game down the stretch here will tell us if this team has wat it takes.

Bedard goes tonight and if he can be better than 4.1 innings and 8 runs, then he takes lackey's spot.

As of now, our playoff rotation would be:

Beckett
    Lester
    Bedard
    Aceves? 

theres no way u let lackey, wakefield, weiland, or miller start a playoff game. its an automatic loss.

Buchholz can take Aceves place in the bullpen for at least the first round and if he looks good, maybe he can start in the ALCS.

I know this is looking very forward and not the time to be talking ALCS, but that is how I see it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Yes is Bedard AND Buch are healthy that would change a lot. The team seems kind of lackluster but anything is still possible, though not likely, still possible. As for "Fire Theo" - Yazzer I assume - not really worth your trouble, Theo isn't going anywhere. If there ends up being a sacrificial lamb for this season it will be some of the position coaches, MAYBE Francona if they don't make the playoffs. Maybe. Theo's job is not threatened in any way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

This team is built a lot like the 2009 Yankees - great offense and top-heavy pitching.  In fact, you have to like 2011 Beckett, Lester & Bedard better than 2009 Sabathia, Burnett & Pettitte.  There's no reason this team can't win it all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Boston do not have the worst pitching all playoff team.  If you click starting pitching via ESPN stats, they won 64 games compare to Yankees won 68 games and Detriot won 69 games.  Only Texas won more games than all four teams. Boston ERA is 4.39/Detriot is 4.02/Yankees is 4.09.  Only Texas have better ERA.
    If you click number of innings that the starters have pitched in all season along, Boston is 902 innings, Detriot is 940, Texas is 948 and Yankees is 929. But if you take away wins/innings pitched for each team's top #1 pitcher such as Sabathia, Wilson, Verlander, and Lester (he lead the team for most wins), they are all pretty even against each other for the bottom half of the rotation.  So therefore, the starting pitching after #1 or maybe #2 are all pretty even against each other. 

Then for Bullpen, Yankees ranks higher than all three teams, while Texas ranked worst.  Texas have more saves than Boston, but Texas have more blown saves than Boston.  

So who really have the best over-all pitching staffs?  None.  All of them have weaknesses!!  Maybe Texas may have healthiest pitching staffs, but right now they seem to look wear and tear on themselves.

Really all Boston need to pick top best 11 pitchers.  Normally the last three pitchers are rarely use.  Maybe just use for mop up like Wakefield/Derek Lowe have done it in the past.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncsoxfan4life. Show ncsoxfan4life's posts

DREAMING !

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from firetheo. Show firetheo's posts

[QUOTE]Yes is Bedard AND Buch are healthy that would change a lot. The team seems kind of lackluster but anything is still possible, though not likely, still possible. As for "Fire Theo" - Yazzer I assume - not really worth your trouble, Theo isn't going anywhere. If there ends up being a sacrificial lamb for this season it will be some of the position coaches, MAYBE Francona if they don't make the playoffs. Maybe. Theo's job is not threatened in any way.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

ignore the spanker because, well because he's a giant bore.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from firetheo. Show firetheo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win it all---and here's why : Go change your name to Fire_Theo after you get booted off this one...and then get a life. Also...I will send you my address...when the Red Sox are playing in the postseason send me $100  I am sure you know where your mom keeps the money in the house
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

no playoffs for the SOX skippy; you'll have to find another pole to climb.
    btw, i'd send you 100 bucks if you promised to ESAD!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Let's win the wild card first.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

hopefully, we have seen the last of Lackey and Wakefield

Wakefield is like a US Postal worker, public union members never go away without an act of Congress. Wakefield is always worth a laugh, just looking at that unsightly pear shaped 45 year old body.  

Sox death has been greatly exaggerated. As pitiful as Theo is, they are still contenders.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Gosh, what a sugarcoat; especially the way you overlooked the Phillies' rotation.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Sox will win it all---and here's why : Gosh, what a sugarcoat; especially the way you overlooked the Phillies' rotation.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I'm not overlooking the Phillies rotation. This RS lineup can, and has, beaten the besten the best, I have also not overlooked the tear this team went on immediately after the 2-10 start, Has that slipped your mind?