Sox will WIN the AL East

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

Sox will WIN the AL East

I'm telling all of you, it's gonna happen. Blue Jays will fade over the next couple of months, and NOBODY in the AL East has the DEPTH that our Sox have. NOBODY. The turning point for this season was the comeback win on Memorial Day spearheaded by Pedey & Papi.

Once they win the division, regardless of best record, I think they will take down anyone in the playoffs.  I FULLY expect a deep playoff run and a repeat trip to the World Series. GO SOX!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Re: Sox will WIN the AL East

In response to BostonIrishGuy's comment:

I'm telling all of you, it's gonna happen. Blue Jays will fade over the next couple of months, and NOBODY in the AL East has the DEPTH that our Sox have. NOBODY. The turning point for this season was the comeback win on Memorial Day spearheaded by Pedey & Papi.

Once they win the division, regardless of best record, I think they will take down anyone in the playoffs.  I FULLY expect a deep playoff run and a repeat trip to the World Series. GO SOX!!!!!

The Blue Jays always fade but they have a different make-up this year.  It is going to be close to the end but I think you are right.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

the jays might fade but the orioles are the only team in the ALE with the firepower to catch the jays if they do fade.Check the jays 1-8 lineup....reyes,cabrera,bautista,encarnacion,lindt,rasmus,lawrie,navarro.......Only pedey stands out above his jay counterpart.Even PAPI rates behind encarnacion this year and PAPI is the best DH ever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

A lot will depend on health . Hard to predict that. So far, the Sox have not shown enough to think that a repeat is likely. Too many missing pieces of the puzzle. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to BostonIrishGuy's comment:

I like your optimism, but I'm not sure the Red Sox have the depth you mention.  Now with Drew, there's definitely depth in the infield, but I don't see it in the outfield, at least not yet.  Starting pitching also looks a bit shaky, and I wouldn't anoint Workman and De La Rosa as ready for prime time based on limited experience.  Even with depth, as you claim, there is still a dearth of pop in that lineup.  

As far as playoffs go, I'm hearing the voice of ex-Colt football coach, Jim Mora, "Playoffs? Are you kidding me? Playoffs?"  Of course, I jest and exaggerate (I ain't no Andrew Mitch-misery) because I believe the Red Sox still have a decent chance at a playoff spot, but I see them more eking into a wildcard  spot rather than ruling the AL East again.  And at least for now, I don't see them contending with teams like Detroit and Oakland.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

RS outfield lack of depth will likely not make sweet dreams come true.  Unless Ben swings a blockbuster trade with the young assets.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Optimism is great.  But the true test is this: how much money would you wager on that statement in a straight-up bet?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

RS outfield lack of depth will likely not make sweet dreams come true.  Unless Ben swings a blockbuster trade with the young assets.  

There is plenty of depth in our outfield. In fact, we are knee deep in it.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

We have depth at Pawtucket, but there is a reason why they are there.  When we need an oufiellder from Paw we bring up Nava.  Depth, BAD depth

Sections
Shortcuts