Sox will win the East.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scott8340. Show Scott8340's posts

Sox will win the East.

The posters on this site have been losing there minds, posting ridiculously hateful things about a team you supposedly like. I'd be the first one complaining about real stuff, and there is some to complain about, but this place has gone waaaaay overboard. We're six games into a new regime, and several new "experiments". Take it easy. Watch for awhile. My feel is that this team has similar pressure to what we typically see the Yankees go through. The team isn't all smiles and hugs, but they are developing an us against the world mentality that could bring the team together over a long summer. The nice thing with this situation is that when things start going good, they start going really really good, and the team works hard to keep it that way. Be patient. This team will roll, and when they do they will roll for a long time. Once they get their swagger they will not easily let it go.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan1967. Show soxfan1967's posts

Re: Sox will win the East.

Sox will win the East................... in 2015

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Oh, okay. Not a "real" gambler, but I would take the "Sox win the ALE or not" bet as "or not" and lay down a bunch of dinero. Pollyana is certainly alive and well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Sox will win the East.:
    [QUOTE]The posters on this site have been losing there minds, posting ridiculously hateful things about a team you supposedly like. I'd be the first one complaining about real stuff, and there is some to complain about, but this place has gone waaaaay overboard. We're six games into a new regime, and several new "experiments". Take it easy. Watch for awhile. My feel is that this team has similar pressure to what we typically see the Yankees go through. The team isn't all smiles and hugs, but they are developing an us against the world mentality that could bring the team together over a long summer. The nice thing with this situation is that when things start going good, they start going really really good, and the team works hard to keep it that way. Be patient. This team will roll, and when they do they will roll for a long time. Once they get their swagger they will not easily let it go.
    Posted by Scott8340[/QUOTE]

They won't even make the playoffs, AGAIN!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Agree with everybody but the OP and Babe-ala

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Being a pollyanna pinkhat myself, I appreciate the positive sentiment.  I know enough about baseball at this point to know, however, that there is too much that is unknowable (all due respect to Donny Rumsfeld).  Can't say that the Sox will win the east or even make the playoffs.  But, I do know this, even through the murky lens of a 1-5 start:  This team is loaded, it has heart, and will be in contention.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Sox will win the East.:
    [QUOTE]Being a pollyanna pinkhat myself, I appreciate the positive sentiment.  I know enough about baseball at this point to know, however, that there is too much that is unknowable (all due respect to Donny Rumsfeld).  Can't say that the Sox will win the east or even make the playoffs.  But, I do know this, even through the murky lens of a 1-5 start:  This team is loaded, it has heart, and will be in contention.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

How can they be loaded?

I thought bubby v banned alcohol in the clubhouse......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]Agree with everybody but the OP and Babe-ala
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Of course you do, nhstephanie. You are a sawx fan.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I think expectations for this team are way too high.  The best that can be said is that they have a lot of upside.

The only way that I can enjoy this team is to accept that they aren't a contender and focus on player development.  If by chance they make it to the post season, then it's gravy.

But first I have to get past how much I despise ownership.

Theo and Tito were the faces of the team and they were very likeable.  People may not have liked Tito's management style, but he was a likeable person.  And Theo was the home town guy that brought the home town passion to win to this team.  That seems to be gone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]I think expectations for this team are way too high.  The best that can be said is that they have a lot of upside. The only way that I can enjoy this team is to accept that they aren't a contender and focus on player development.  If by chance they make it to the post season, then it's gravy. But first I have to get past how much I despise ownership. Theo and Tito were the faces of the team and they were very likeable.  People may not have liked Tito's management style, but he was a likeable person.  And Theo was the home town guy that brought the home town passion to win to this team.  That seems to be gone.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

How can you say this team is not a contender and focus on player development? You can say that to teams like Cubs, A's, or White Sox but not to this team with Agon, Pedey, Ells, Lester, Bailey.  Agon, Pedey, and Ells were all mentioned in MVP ballot in 2011.  Lester and Beckett were among the CY award candidates until Sept. collapse.  Even though Bailey's out injured, he once was a ROY and no doubt he will be one of the elite closer when he's healthy.  And the RS was the best team in the LEAGUE through out most of the year last year.  THIS TEAM IS A CONTENDER!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : How can you say this team is not a contender and focus on player development? You can say that to teams like Cubs, A's, or White Sox but not to this team with Agon, Pedey, Ells, Lester, Bailey.  Agon, Pedey, and Ells were all mentioned in MVP ballot in 2011.  Lester and Beckett were among the CY award candidates until Sept. collapse.  Even though Bailey's out injured, he once was a ROY and no doubt he will be one of the elite closer when he's healthy.  And the RS was the best team in the LEAGUE through out most of the year last year.  THIS TEAM IS A CONTENDER!
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

Ummm...maybe because they are in last place and look absolutely terrible in almost every facet of the game?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : How can they be loaded? I thought bubby v banned alcohol in the clubhouse......
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Good point Babe.  Maybe that was me.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : Then since the Yankees are only a .500 team I guess they are not contenders either...they are just mediocre I guess
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

At this point, yes, they are a mediocre team.

Like Parcells once said, "You are what your record says you are".

Only difference is the Yanks don't have the black cloud hanging over them and a track record of failure to make the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]Agree with everybody but the OP and Babe-ala
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]I'am surprised you pay any attention to Babe. He left his game on the LL field. As for where the Sox finish this year I can only guess. Last year they started poorly and then went on a 3 1/2 month tear where they were on a pace to win 109 games. Clearly the best team in the AL for most of the season. It's all about winning the WS and may best guess is no one in the ALE will get there. Tigers, Rangers (again) with the Angels appear favorite.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : I'am surprised you pay any attention to Babe. He left his game on the LL field. As for where the Sox finish this year I can only guess. Last year they started poorly and then went on a 3 1/2 month tear where they were on a pace to win 109 games. Clearly the best team in the AL for most of the season. It's all about winning the WS and may best guess is no one in the ALE will get there. Tigers, Rangers (again) with the Angels appear favorite.
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE]

That's how it looks to me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : Of course you do, nhstephanie. You are a sawx fan.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Popular Troll Varieties :

There is the pike type, who posts the same drivel and doesn't care about the reaction; he posts as some sort of short term catharsis for his bizarre pathological and demented makeup.

There is the Babe-ala type, who usually posts the same spew because he thinks he's getting a rise out of someone, whether he actually believes it or not (i.e, I'm a sawx fan); it's symptomatic of someone who never grew up, and is just looking to pass the filler time (which apparently he has plenty of) with infantile amusement. He is also likely a right wing homophobic sexist; in total an excellent chance for no romantic prospects; kind of pathetic when you realize he's likely a moochy lackadaisacal heir.

Love and XXXX

nhstephanie

(I'm a Dumb broad at times)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : Popular Troll Varieties: There is the pike type, who posts the same drivel and doesn't care about the reaction; he posts as some sort of short term catharsis for his bizarre pathological and demented makeup. There is the  Babe-ala type, who usually posts the same spew because he thinks he's getting a rise out of someone, whether he actually believes it or not (i.e, I'm a sawx fan); it's symptomatic of someone who never grew up, and is just looking to pass the filler time (which apparently he has plenty of) with infantile amusement. He is also likely a right wing homophobic sexist; in total an excellent chance for no romantic prospects; kind of pathetic when you realize he's likely a moochy lackadaisacal heir. Love and XXXX nhstephanie (I'm a Dumb broad at times)
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Yes, I inherited my dad's "fortune" he amassed while working as a police officer in Bed Stuy / Ft Greene making $30 -something thousand a year while putting his life on the line every day.

I love how you clowns try to figure out things about anonymous people in an internet chat room. You couldn't be further from the truth.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Continued:

Both types usually need a bunch of monikers, since they're banned so often.

Dottie must have farmed out her duties, since Babe-ala has hardly been banned lately; his overall track record makes his somewhat inaccurate critique of moniker pike's trail (i.e, Kim is not pike, this assessment shows his inexperience with the fairer gender) all the more amusing; hypocrisy at its finest.

Love and XXXX

nhstephanie

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : Yes, I inherited my dad's "fortune" he amassed while working as a police officer in Bed Stuy / Ft Greene making $30 -something thousand a year while putting his life on the line every day. I love how you clowns try to figure out things about anonymous people in an internet chat room. You couldn't be further from the truth.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but it certainly seems like you have alot of time on your hands

Love and XXXX

nhstephanie

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]Not sure if they will win the East but they will get red hot and be in contention and they will make the playoffs. Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

My sentiments, exactly.