Sox will win the East.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Re: Sox will win the East.

In Response to Re: Sox will win the East.:
    [QUOTE]he violated the first rule of a forum by boring the living hell out of everyone.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

To each his own. Your presence in the PortlandSOXFan chatroom and doing your headstrong, obstinate rants ( much like Andrewmitch here) is what led to the collapse of that chattroom. PSF, the moderator, kept telling everyone to ignore you but they wouldn't, got burned out, and left. You were the one who had to scapegoat after game and assign blame all of the time. Many found that he be not only irritating, unrealistic, disloyal, but also BORING and PREDICTABLE. You were far more destructive to the chatroom than a Yankee fan could possibly be.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : Yes
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

You can take in a few of their games....cheaper than YS.
    They have an improved team and it's good to keep up with other teams, players and the NL.

Still no harness....starting to worry

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : Actually, I'm on the road, so I hardly see her. And, I wish she would do better so I can cut down on my 70%+ contribution. Don't you? Oops, that's right; I forgot.

Lucky for her.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : You can take in a few of their games....cheaper than YS. They have an improved team and it's good to keep up with other teams, players and the NL. Still no harness....starting to worry
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]J, i'm with you, but keep good thoughts....Harn, give us a shout....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bronx01. Show Bronx01's posts

The Red Sux will not make the playoffs, the lineup 5-9 is a joke, yes I'm adding Youk to the list.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rotorhead. Show Rotorhead's posts

Are you totally drunk, this team right now is garbage. I was telling other sox fans if they make it through this stretch of April .500 then I would be very excited about the rest of the summer. Right now things are looking bleak.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

They may be in contention w/ Baltimore for 4th place. with the makeup of the Sox roster as it currently stands, expect no more than 80 wins.....noplayoffs!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : You can take in a few of their games....cheaper than YS. They have an improved team and it's good to keep up with other teams, players and the NL. Still no harness....starting to worry
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry, he's probably still sleeping from re-reading his CERA thread.

Lord knows it has put many people to sleep for a while.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

It looks bad.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : It looks bad.

I agree. The fact it's a week into the season and he hasn't returned, is cause for concern, especially since he's had some health issues.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : Well, have fun.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Hey - you claimed they are loaded and have heart.  I think you need to re-assess the situation and remove any biases.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Win the East? Is this supposed to be sarcastic? If so it's too early to say either way based on wins and losses at this point but looking at this roster and pitching staff it doesn't look good for the course of 162 games. This may be the weakest team since back in the early to mid 90's.. I could see them winning around 80 games or so, maybe just a couple below .500 for the season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : Hey - you claimed they are loaded and have heart.  I think you need to re-assess the situation and remove any biases.......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I would say the same for you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : I would say the same for you.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

I ran down the roster and posted names who could be considered "loaded" and "with heart" - you haven't presented anything.  Just an empty biased statement of "loaded" and "with heart" - it sounds like that old entitlement thing.....

Their line up gets very weak after the 5 hole

Their bench is average at best

The left side of the infield is weak

The OF corners is also weak defensively

Their starting rotation is average at best and there is very little depth if there is an injury

Their bull pen is in dissary - Closer is out already

New comers Gonzalez and Crawford have no heart

So what do they have?

Ellsbury, Pedey, Gonzo, Ortiz - top 4 guys can hit

Right side of the IF and CF can field their positions

Speed in Ellsbury

Lester looks sharp this year

Doubrant will contribute

Aceves and Morales will be valueable in the pen

There are 17 other roster spots

8 out 25 key contributors does not make a team loaded

But I'm sure you'll come back with and tell me differently without running down the roster.......that's fine.....They'll win the division.......don't worry.....now go back to sleep.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : The sox dont win the world series without the moves that theo made in 2004, you can hate the man all you want, but history dictates otherwise.
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]

they also don't win without everything that Dan Duquette did either

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : Exactly! The whole infield was Theo's not to mention the closer, the ace and this DH guy named Ortiz
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

Well, Nomar wasn't Theo's and he was a key piece in the trade that got Theo a new SS and 1B - again, Theo made some sweet moves but that was more The Duke's team........and now what?  Theo has been so bad lately and now he has left this team is the biggest mess the Sox have been in years; or any team since the mid-80's yankees........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : I ran down the roster and posted names who could be considered "loaded" and "with heart" - you haven't presented anything.  Just an empty biased statement of "loaded" and "with heart" - it sounds like that old entitlement thing..... Their line up gets very weak after the 5 hole Their bench is average at best The left side of the infield is weak The OF corners is also weak defensively Their starting rotation is average at best and there is very little depth if there is an injury Their bull pen is in dissary - Closer is out already New comers Gonzalez and Crawford have no heart So what do they have? Ellsbury, Pedey, Gonzo, Ortiz - top 4 guys can hit Right side of the IF and CF can field their positions Speed in Ellsbury Lester looks sharp this year Doubrant will contribute Aceves and Morales will be valueable in the pen There are 17 other roster spots 8 out 25 key contributors does not make a team loaded But I'm sure you'll come back with and tell me differently without running down the roster.......that's fine.....They'll win the division.......don't worry.....now go back to sleep.

so, being a fan who hopes his club performs it's best and roots for them is 'entitlement'?  Interesting.

As to not giving you anything, its just that I don't need to.  I am, admittedly biased.  but you are, unadmittedly, biased as well.  You ran down a laundry list of painting just about everyone in the worst possible light/worst case scenario.  I just don't feel the need to counterbalance that, as I don't have the energy.  And I don't feel the need to have that debate.  I have been on this board too long to know its pointless to debate someone when they have a full head of steam on Sox bashing.

But I will grant you this:  I apologize profusely for not at least tempering my 'loaded' remark with something like 'but with obvious holes and question marks' and tempering my 'heart' remark with something like 'at this early juncture I think this club has already shown more heart than last year (no heart) and I believe that will grow as the season progresses.  

And, I left you with a simple 'have fun', because that is my wish for you:  that somehow, despite your disgust and hopelessness over this club, you can have fun following them.  

FWIW, I think it is a really serious long-shot for them to win the division.  Lotta question marks.  I just think the situation is far from hopeless.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : i personally think the situation is right next door to hopeless.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

Then I hope you can find a way to have some fun as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : Well, Nomar wasn't Theo's and he was a key piece in the trade that got Theo a new SS and 1B - again, Theo made some sweet moves but that was more The Duke's team........and now what?  Theo has been so bad lately and now he has left this team is the biggest mess the Sox have been in years; or any team since the mid-80's yankees........

Actually, the Yankees won more games than any other team during the decade of the 1980's, they just didn't win it all. Hardly what I would consider the biggest mess.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

In response to "Re: Sox will win the East.": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win the East. : Pretty sad that you would make that comment about someone's deceased father. That says alot more about you than anything else. Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE] Interesting... The king of bad jokes can't take a bad joke.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

ok

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

I'm an optimist. But don't know if I'd be making those predictions. The Yanks are the Yanks, and Tampa's pitching staff is tough and if C.Pena continues to hit like he has to start Rays might be team to beat. Tough road ahead for RS, injuries just seem to always bite RS at worst time. No closer til July? not good.

Sections
Shortcuts