Sox Win!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Sox Win!

Wow. What a great game!  How awesome is it to watch this team beat the great Mariano together? Congrats to Reddick for his first career walk-off, and nice shot Marco just when we needed it most!  That was an exciting ending I'm not sure I even thought was coming.

Btw, someone get Bobby V some tissues, I think he's crying right about now, or maybe I should say still crying. lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: Sox Win!

Crawford and Scutaro continue to be hot at the plate.  A very encouraging sign.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

And Mo racks up his 18th blown save to Boston.  Might it be the Sox hitters are smart enough to move to the front of the batter's box and get a good swing on the cutter before there is much movement.  Maybe we should ask Bill Mueller and Trot Nixon about that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Craford seems to be getting some lucky hits too. Not an insult. Earlier in the season he wasn't getting any luck at all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Sox Win!:
    [QUOTE]Crawford and Scutaro continue to be hot at the plate.  A very encouraging sign.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

And at just the right time!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]And Mo racks up his 18th blown save to Boston.  Might it be the Sox hitters are smart enough to move to the front of the batter's box and get a good swing on the cutter before there is much movement.  Maybe we should ask Bill Mueller and Trot Nixon about that.
    Posted by fenwayjack2[/QUOTE]

I thought of Bill Mueller with the Pedroia sac fly to tie the game, and with Reddick's hit in the ninth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

That was a great and fun game!  

Another well-pitched game by Becks!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Craford seems to be getting some lucky hits too. Not an insult. Earlier in the season he wasn't getting any luck at all.
    Posted by emp9[/QUOTE]

What's interesting is when the announcers were saying Beckett said he felt pressure to perform after his contract. The way fans mercilessly attack the players that have contracts to live up to is actually hurting their performance.

If only everyone realized that and starting supporting them more when they are struggling, things would turnaround alot sooner for them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]That was a great and fun game!   Another well-pitched game by Becks! WOOHOO!!!!!!!
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

At least someone on the board saw the game that I saw. lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Sox Win!:
    [QUOTE]Wow. What a great game!  How awesome is it to watch this team beat the great Mariano together? Congrats to Reddick for his first career walk-off, and nice shot Marco just when we needed it most!  That was an exciting ending I'm not sure I even thought was coming. Btw, someone get Bobby V some tissues, I think he's crying right about now, or maybe I should say still crying. lol
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]
    Valentine seems even-handed to me, as does Hershiser. Both know what they are talking about. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Sox Win! : Valentine seems even-handed to me, as does Hershiser. Both know what they are talking about. 
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'm referring to him constantly saying Beckett was the reason for the long game. He said that there was a rule that should be enforced where Beckett can only take 13 seconds for a pitch. He complained that it was throwing the Yankees' game off. (Like there's no Yankee pitchers who take a long time to throw a pitch). He also said the same thing about Papelbon, who wasn't even in the game yet.  He said it so many times, that he even added once "I don't want to beat a dead horse...but". 

There are two teams playing in these games that take 10 hours or more to complete. How many of those games does Beckett pitch in? Aren't there Yankee pitchers who take a long time to throw a pitch? Jeter calls time every time he comes to the plate just to get himself ready. I've never seen another player do that. Every time. There are many reasons on both sides for the long games, but the way he was talking about it truly seemed, not only one-sided, but Beckett's responsibility, with the added shot at Paps. It doesn't make sense to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Papelbon has gotten reprimands in the past from the Commissioner's office for this, which may be why Valentine (who really doesn't like the Yankees due to his past) brought it up; however, this is the 1st I heard of anything with Beckett in this regard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

When Beckett gets runners on base in a close game, he really slows the game down.  He takes forever between pitches. 

Some announcers have said that the runners take Beckett out of his rhythm.  Tonight they said Beckett was controlling the tempo of the game and that he was taking the hitters out of their rhythm.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Papelbon has gotten reprimands in the past from the Comissioner's office for this, which may be why Valentine (who doesn't like the Yankees due to his past) brought it up; however, this is the 1st I heard of anything with Beckett in this regard.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

How long is Papelbon in a game? Do you really believe he could be the reason for the length of any game? For a guy to be "reprimanded" for the one inning he's in is hilarious to me.

There's no way, after listening to tonight's game, that anyone is EVER going to convince me that Valentine doesn't like the Yankees. That's complete nonsense, I don't care what his history is. No way.

And if this is the first you heard about Beckett, than you didn't even watch the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Win! : How long is Papelbon in a game? Do you really believe he could be the reason for the length of any game? For a guy to be "reprimanded" for the one inning he's in is hilarious to me. There's no way, after listening to tonight's game, that anyone is EVER going to convince me that Valentine doesn't like the Yankees. That's complete nonsense, I don't care what his history is. No way. And if this is the first you heard about Beckett, than you didn't even watch the game.

I missed the part of the game Beckett was in; I was going by what you said; did Valentine mention Beckett doing this in other games?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Win! : I missed the part of the game Beckett was in; I was going by what you said; did Valentine mention Beckett doing this in other games?

Steve, how could you spend 24 hours here and not watch the Yankee game? You've even said you didn't even know parts of your own playoff series in 2009 when you won the World Series.

Are you even a baseball fan, or do you like to just come to a place where you can feel dominant over people? And if you missed the game, one of the most important games of the season, why wouldn't you just watch it later?

If it was me, I couldn't wait to see the game. I wouldn't be posting on a rival team's board instead that's for sure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Win! : Steve, how could you spend 24 hours here and not watch the Yankee game? You've even said you didn't even know parts of your own playoff series in 2009 when you won the World Series. Are you even a baseball fan, or do you like to just come to a place where you can feel dominant over people? And if you missed the game, one of the most important games of the season, why wouldn't you just watch it later? If it was me, I couldn't wait to see the game. I wouldn't be posting on a rival team's board instead that's for sure.

I didn't mean to miss it; I was tired all wkend and passed out at 6 PM due to a 700 mile solo drive (Pitt-NH) with a back that was acting up. If I knew that was going to happen I would have DVR-d it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I could do that drive and still hit the gym afterward, wuss. By the way you can cancel the DVR because your team lost.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I could do that drive and still hit the gym afterward, wuss. By the way you can cancel the DVR because your team lost.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I guess you're superior to me in every way.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No, no of course not. Maybe 80%.

Just kidding.  When I worked for NASCAR and Gillette I had to drive to each race, I have been all over the place.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]No, no of course not. Maybe 80%. Just kidding.  When I worked for NASCAR and Gillette I had to drive to each race, I have been all over the place.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

You did? Tell me more.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Win! : You did? Tell me more.

yeah Burrito, Id like to hear some more too..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

2001 thru 2004 and again in 2006. Originally with ALLTEL for 3 years (Ryan Newman) and then with Nextel for 1, and Gillette the final year.

Event Marketing. If you ever went/go to a race there are normally several tractor trailer sized marketing displays set up. My job for 4 of those years was as manager of the event.  Lots of fun normally.

I worked close enough with Ryan Newman that the jerk asked my team and I over to his lake him only then to ask us to move his big azz television down two floors and out to his garage.

Army, Sirus, Home Depot, and Pepsi type companies would do these types of events.

Best part for me was the traveling. Nothing better than to be in Charlotte every May, eating at a Dallas steakhouse, relaxing in Scottsdale in November etc.,.... loved having to drive it.

Should have added that each race we had 6 to 12 local models working the event, that did not hurt my eyes any.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

interesting story about Newman..Can believe he asked u guys to do that..thanks for sharing B..Sounds like you had some good times, with some good stories to tell..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

His wife was (is) very nice and very attractive. Even though I was 31 that first year with ALLTEL I blushed like a baby when she gave me her cell number... lol.

Funny how even as you get older you can get like that.

Loved the free Oakleys every year, free Fusion razors, blah blah blah. I do miss the whole experience more than anything from my previous life. Traveling and being part of something like that was great.