Spahn, Sain and a day of rain, to----

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Spahn, Sain and a day of rain, to----

John, Buck and just a little luck!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Re: Spahn, Sain and a day of rain, to----

I know, hoping somehow to get solid seasons from Lackey and Dempster, have serious doubts about Doubront.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

This was posted April 8 of this year. Nothing much has changed. It;s stil John, Buch and a lot of luck.

My guess is there will be some trades involving AA and AAA hopefuls. Maybe even Iggy of Bradley. But we sure do need 2 more starting pitchers!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

This was posted April 8 of this year. Nothing much has changed. It;s stil John, Buch and a lot of luck.

My guess is there will be some trades involving AA and AAA hopefuls. Maybe even Iggy of Bradley. But we sure do need 2 more starting pitchers!

I would trade Iggy and Bradley in a heartbeat if it means netting us a good T.O.R. starter.  Other than Boegy, Webster and MAYBE RDLR I would not deam any minor leaguer untouchable for a very good pitcher.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

I know, hoping somehow to get solid seasons from Lackey and Dempster, have serious doubts about Doubront.

What is wrong with Demps and Lackey.

Excluding last nights issues with the catwalk Lackey had a 2.38 ERA and with run support should have 6 wins. Since up to yesterday he had only given up 3 runs twice and all the rest were less.

Demps has a 3.78 ERA has given up 4 and 6 runs in 2 games the rest have been 3 (once) or less in his 8 games

So we have had solid years so far for our back of the rotation guys.

What team has better?  Rays NO, O's NO, Jays NO NYY NO

Before you make comments get the facts straight

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Excluding last nights issues with the catwalk Lackey had a 2.38 ERA and with run support should have 6 wins. Since up to yesterday he had only given up 3 runs twice and all the rest were less.

Demps has a 3.78 ERA has given up 4 and 6 runs in 2 games the rest have been 3 (once) or less in his 8 games

The facts are as follows: Lester & Buchhholz are 12-0. The rest of the staff is 11-17. 'Nuf said!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The obvious choice would be "Lester and Buch, and then we're fu...geddaboutit."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

The facts are as follows: Lester & Buchhholz are 12-0. The rest of the staff is 11-17. 'Nuf said!

Judging pitchers by wins alone died along with disco.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Judging pitchers by wins alone died along with disco.

So true!  Dempster and Lackey have pitched well but for a couple of starts.  Had they received clutch hitting, we are looking at perhaps 3 fewer losses (3 more wins), and the handwringing would not even have occurred.  Keep the faith!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

W-L??? really? Demps record could realistically have 3 more wins if he got run support. Your going to have to do better than W-L bosox. Thats a team stat. King Felix won the Cy Young with a 13-12 record...He had a sub 3 era though. No run support that year. He easily could have won 20.

The problem we have has been with Doubront, whos 3-1 with a 6.78ERA. Hes had run support and his record doesnt tell the whole truth, Like Dempsters. Lackey has been just OK IMO, but is still getting his legs under him.

After last night, heres what weve had.

1-3 starters

W-L 14-4 25 starts, just under a 3 ERA  166.1 IP (7IP avg) 121H  49ER  171K 1.05 WHIP batter have a .200BA against them. ( record could easily be 15-2 with some runs support in 2 Demp starts)

4-5 starters

W-L 4-5  5.20 ERA  11 starts  59IP ( just under 5.1 IP per start) 74H  35ER  62K  1.62 WHIP  batters hitting .300 against them, (Doubront could easily be 1-3 if not for good run support and Lack could have another win due to lack of run support)

Our 1-3 pitchers are doing great. lackey has had some bad luck and has pitched like a #5 so far. Doubie has been a mess even though he has 3 wins to show for it. Its not so much our pitching as it is our lack of timely hitting as of late.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Dempster has been a very solid No. 3. He's given up two earned runs or less in at least five  innings but didn't get the decision (O's, Rays, Twins). The offense is giving him only 3.4 runs per start. Dempster is not a problem in any way.

I still believe Lackey will be at least decent for us. But I think it's pretty clear Doubront is a big problem.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

There is no doubt we could use 1 more solid 2-4 type starter, and 1 more bat.  Where that bat plays would be the issue, as consistency is really our issue.  Middlebrooks has had a tough year, but has shown good power.  Same with Ross.  Gomes hasn't played well, but he is only a platoon guy.  Similar for ciriaco.  Jake and salty have not wowed to say the least.  If pushed, I would say LF or Catcher are the best areas to try to upgrade offensively, but really it is consistentcy. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I'd post a Seattle ditty, but I can't think of anything that rhymes with Iwakuma ... or Hisashi

Sections
Shortcuts