SPC's next thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

SPC's next thread

Should the Yankees enter the cellar soon:

Why Are All The Yankees Posters Hiding?

The ultimate in hypocrisy.

Actually, I have a better one for him, because It's Downright Embarrassing from a Yankee POV

The $50 Million Yankee Corner IF

Yes, that's the combined 2012 salary of Teixeira & ARod (both RS wannabes at one point, and $50 Mil is a conservative guess, it could be as much as $58 Mil), whose pooled statistics aren't even average. They're lucky if they're hitting .250, little power, and even less clutch play. Yes, Hank, if there ever was an idiot, you are it, and Boras knew as much; which is why you're not in charge anymore.

Suffice it is to say, considering the payrolls, both teams should be ashamed of themselves, thanks to Cashman & Theo (The later one)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: SPC's next thread

I think SPC is really a Yankees fan who is secretly trying to jinx the Red Sox.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: SPC's next thread:
    I think SPC is really a Yankees fan who is secretly trying to jinx the Red Sox.
    Posted by carnie

Yes, this board has evolved into that type of thinking; nothing's impossible; I could be my own grandfather too. (That's an old joke my Dad told me)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: SPC's next thread : Yes, this board has evolved into that type of thinking; nothing's impossible; I could be my own grandfather too. (That's an old joke my Dad told me)
    Posted by nhsteven

I had the thought about a month ago that we all could be pike and are just not aware of it. Haven't slept well since.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to SPC's next thread:
    Should the Yankees enter the cellar soon: Why Are All The Yankees Posters Hiding? The ultimate in hypocrisy. Actually, I have a better one for him, because It's Downright Embarrassing from a Yankee POV The $50 Million Yankee Corner IF Yes, that's the combined 2012 salary of Teixeira & ARod (both RS wannabes at one point, and $50 Mil is a conservative guess, it could be as much as $58 Mil), whose pooled statistics aren't even average. They're lucky if they're hitting .250, little power, and even less clutch play. Yes, Hank, if there ever was an idiot, you are it, and Boras knew as much; which is why you're not in charge anymore. Suffice it is to say, considering the payrolls, both teams should be ashamed of themselves, thanks to Cashman & Theo (The later one)
    Posted by nhsteven

Quite embarassing.  More to do with lack of hitting than anything else.

You and I were simpatico on the Montero trade, btw 3 for 4 last night with a walk, HR today with 2 RBIs.

They can't manufacture runs with an all or nothing offense. They do miss Gardner and frankly the speed on the bases of Nunez and Gardner.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to SPC's next thread : Quite embarassing.  More to do with lack of hitting than anything else. You and I were simpatico on the Montero trade, btw 3 for 4 last night with a walk, HR today with 2 RBIs. They can't manufacture runs with an all or nothing offense. They do miss Gardner and frankly the speed on the bases of Nunez and Gardner.
    Posted by ThatWasMe

How about this stat for this highly paid bunch?  As of Thursday, They are 3 for their last 41 with RISP.

I have a problem with Teixeira NOT even attempting a bunt down the 3rd base line. Williams didn't do it, but Teixiera isn't TW; instead he's a washed up version of himself, until he proves otherwise. (And, TW did take grief for the same stubborness regardless. ) 

A few other things:  I'm convinced he's a sellout. If Bos offered #30 Mil a yr; he would have kissed & made up with Lucchino. I also suspect he's a victim of subliminal fat cat syndrome (As are a bunch of others, even Pujols; how many of these mega contracts are really worth it? Very few) Here's guessing if he was making the minimum he'd still be hitting 300; is he really going to listen to a hitting coach making 150K?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: SPC's next thread : I had the thought about a month ago that we all could be pike and are just not aware of it. Haven't slept well since.
    Posted by antibody

Good one, LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to SPC's next thread : Quite embarassing.  More to do with lack of hitting than anything else. You and I were simpatico on the Montero trade, btw 3 for 4 last night with a walk, HR today with 2 RBIs. They can't manufacture runs with an all or nothing offense. They do miss Gardner and frankly the speed on the bases of Nunez and Gardner.
    Posted by ThatWasMe

Well, Nunez can't catch, and according to SPC, Gardner's overrated; especially in the field.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

It was a joke, I guess not a very funny one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

It was a joke, I guess not a very funny one.
    Posted by carnie

It wasn't bad; I chuckled FWIW; look at it this way, if he's a Yankee fan, it would be his only chance to be clever. Oh wait; Benito beat him to it, so although it might be cute, it wouldn't be original.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: SPC's next thread : Well, Nunez can't catch, and according to SPC, Gardner's overrated; especially in the field.
    Posted by nhsteven

Nunez sent down because he can't catch besides they have Chavez for better defense but he can't hit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

A-Rod and Teixeira have to be major concerns to Yankee fans.  The OP raises a very good point.  A-Rod has turned into an average 3B.

Sections
Shortcuts