Special Moments from last night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

Special Moments from last night

Besides the obvious, for me two special moments stand out from last nights game.    The first when the very young Wacha was getting pulled, Molina putting his hand around his head and I assume congradulating him on what he had accomplished these play offs.   That was professionalism at it best. As a baseball fan who could not admire that??

The second when it looked like Lackey was about to be pulled and he says "This Is My Guy".  What could anyone do once seeing the intensity on his face, but say OK, he's your's?   Obvioulsy easier because of the lead at the time but still risky.   At least that didn't turn into a Pedro moment like in the 7th game of the 2003 ALCS.  Good call to give him that one more "guy" to face.

I'm curious what other's saw as special moments from last night, as well as the rest of this series as well.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Special Moments from last night

Two  great moments indeed.  I thought the same thing about Molina ... you have to admire the heck out of that.  True leadership.

This will  sound weird, but I thought one of the biggest moments in the Series came in the fourth inning of Game 5. The Cards had tied it on Holiday's  homer, and Molina hit a  liner that looked headed to the gap.  But Drew used his LeBron hops and speared  it.  Had it gotten through,  there's a runner on second for Craig, and the place is going nuts. Who knows how that pivotal Game 5 might have turned had Drew not made that play?

And what balls it took to come back  from that  brutal  ending to  Game 3.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to tetonman50's comment:

Besides the obvious, for me two special moments stand out from last nights game.    The first when the very young Wacha was getting pulled, Molina putting his hand around his head and I assume congradulating him on what he had accomplished these play offs.   That was professionalism at it best. As a baseball fan who could not admire that??

The second when it looked like Lackey was about to be pulled and he says "This Is My Guy".  What could anyone do once seeing the intensity on his face, but say OK, he's your's?   Obvioulsy easier because of the lead at the time but still risky.   At least that didn't turn into a Pedro moment like in the 7th game of the 2003 ALCS.  Good call to give him that one more "guy" to face.

I'm curious what other's saw as special moments from last night, as well as the rest of this series as well.  

had Farrell signaled for the pen..you would have witnessed a shooting....that glock in Lackey's waistband kept him in the game :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Every time Papi picked up Koji in celebration after every save !!

The one I'll remember most from this post season, but not the WS, the Pic of Hunter going over the wall and with the Boston Policeman with hims arms up raised in celebration. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Every time Papi picked up Koji in celebration after every save !!

The one I'll remember most from this post season, but not the WS, the Pic of Hunter going over the wall and with the Boston Policeman with hims arms up raised in celebration. 

[/QUOTE]

HAHA!!  That really is the best pic ever.

I liked Drew hitting the homer yesterday and him yelling at Napps "I TOLD YOU"...it was great to see that emotion from him!

The on base celebrations by Vic after his grand slam in the ALCS and his 3 run double last night were priceless too!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The truth is, as many of those special moments there no doubt were, what won this series was the Sox pitching.  Way better than we expected.  Way better than they were in the regular season because in the postseason they were going against good lineups (well, OK lineup for the Rays).  Ortiz absolutely deserves the MVP, but the pitching won this thing. 

Sections
Shortcuts