SPORTSMAN OF THE YEAR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

SPORTSMAN OF THE YEAR

In case you haven't seen this.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/heat/2012/12/03/lebron-james-sports-illustrated-sportsman-of-year/1742279/

I really wanted to see Cabrera win instead of LeBron.  I am not surprised that LeBron won, although, Cabrera was also a good choice for this award this year.  He accomplished something that hadn't been done in a long-time. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: SPORTSMAN OF THE YEAR

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to susan250's comment:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/heat/2012/12/03/lebron-james-sports-illustrated-sportsman-of-year/1742279/

I really wanted to see Cabrera win instead of LeBron.  I am not surprised that LeBron won, although, Cabrera was also a good choice for this award this year.  He accomplished something that hadn't been done in a long-time. 

i agree. cabrera would have been a better choice. 

i do not like lebron and find professional basketball a boring sport to watch. almost as boring as reading SPORTS ILLUSTRATED.

Definitely agree with you about LeBron.  I really dislike him, although, I do enjoy watching the NBA and attending games.  It is my favorite professional sport.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Well, I think the triple crown is a legendary achievement.  And I am no fan of Lebron myself.  But, the man won an NBA Title, MVP, and Olympic Gold this year.  And he did that while being the most-scrutinized, lightning rod player of his generation.  And, despite all the perceived character flaws we can drum up about him, he did it with grace, humility and good cheer.  No question, sportsman of the year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I am happy to see Lebron win the award.  He also finally won an NBA title. 

I do not blame him for leaving Cleveland for Miami.  If I had to choose between Cleveland or the chance to win an NBA title with Bosh and Wade, I would also go to Miami. 

I wish Lebron the best (but not when he plays the Celtics). 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

If I were to vote it would the Jamacain runner Bolt; because he kick a@#$ as the olympics. I don't see another sprinter doing what he just did in the summer games for a long, long time. Who cares about big name basketball players, when athletes like Bolt or Phelps just accomplish what they did, to me that is more amazing then someone throwing a ball into net.

Then again Sports illustrated is not a Jamacain magazine. Then again Sports Illustrated is the most over rated sports magazine. Sports illustrated is the magazine that i see at a doctor's office collecting dust. If someone dropped that magazine in my mail box I would put in the fireplace.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

US Sportsman of the year.  World sportsman of the year has to be Leo Messi of Barcelona by a mile.  Best player on the best team and about to set the record for goals in a calendar year.  Astonishing player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

US Sportsman of the year.  World sportsman of the year has to be Leo Messi of Barcelona by a mile.  Best player on the best team and about to set the record for goals in a calendar year.  Astonishing player.

Agreed.  Never seen anything like it.  He seems to be able to score at will.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Good point, he is an amazing player.

Sections
Shortcuts