Spring Training Game Thread:Red Sox at Phillies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: Spring Training Game Thread:Red Sox at Phillies

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Ellsbury said his ankle is "nothing of a concern."

"It's going to be good," Ellsbury said. "It just got a little tight, but it's nothing of a concern. I'm sure we'll look at it tomorrow, but i mean, the way i feel, i feel good about it."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Indians Release Daisuke Matsuzaka

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Indians Release Daisuke Matsuzaka

I LOVE IT!!!

This guy has been a colossal BUST!  Finally!  We get to see his Gyroball....  It hypnotizes and turns a GM's brain to mush!  What a Piker!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Couple take away from today's game.  A lot of sloppy D.  Some of that may have been due to the wind, and those guys not used to playing with each other.

I liked the way ball jumped off Iggys bat.  It's only spring training, but his approach at the plate looks better.  There is a lot of swing and miss Bryce Brentz swing, I don't see him having enough offense to stick in Boston long term.

Workman really impresses me, but with that delivery he is likely destined for the bullpen. Regardless he will be very good there I think, and may be a spot starter as well.  I could see him filling an Alfredo Aceves role.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Couple take away from today's game.  A lot of sloppy D.  Some of that may have been due to the wind, and those guys not used to playing with each other.

I liked the way ball jumped off Iggys bat.  It's only spring training, but his approach at the plate looks better.  There is a lot of swing and miss Bryce Brentz swing, I don't see him having enough offense to stick in Boston long term.

Workman really impresses me, but with that delivery he is likely destined for the bullpen. Regardless he will be very good there I think, and may be a spot starter as well.  I could see him filling an Alfredo Aceves role.  

Yeah, there was some bad D, along w/ some excellent D. Pedrioa's throwing error was very similiar to Boegarts' from the day before. Either give Naps a chance to make the catch or just put it in your pocket & wait for the next batter. Bradley's miscue, despite the wind, is that he wanted to do too much, Middlebrooks had it. But I'd rather have the miscommunication happen in ST than...

Iggy's swing has a new punctuation to it from last yr. what a difference a week training w/ Pedrioa can make.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Meant exclamation point, not punctuation. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Iggy hit the ball well last year, but unfortunatly it went right at someone. He does have a better approach and more strength this year and looks more confident at the plate.

Brentz needs to go to AAA and work on his pitch recognition a little more. WMB was the same way and remember that BB started ST late. I think he'll be Ok. Hes gonna have a few K's, but hes also going to belt 25-30 HR as well.

Workman did look good yesterday.

Sections
Shortcuts