Spring Training Game Thread:Twins @ Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Re: Spring Training Game Thread:Twins @ Sox

JBj Pinch ran for Gomes. Farrell put on double steal. Ross 2 RBI up the middle. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Poor Mets. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to UnionFallsNY's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

If Ells is going to try to up his steals, SOMEBODY has got to talk to him about going back to 1st head first.  NO MORE scampering back.  He could hurt his foot or something?!?!

i don't blame him. the last time he slid head first someone landed on his shoulder and brokeded it.

Shouldn't be a worry, unless the 1st baseman decides to slide into him.?  He can get a better lead.  I love Ells, but he's not exactly a genius on the base paths.  It's too hard to get a great lead, then go back in feet first.  It's much quicker to go back head first into 1st.  It allows good base stealers to get a bigger lead.  He should be grabbing far more steals.  No reason he shouldn't get 30+ in 2013!

So Ells went back into first awkwardly on Sunday and injured his foot.  I watched it five times. No need to put it under a microscope and have a cow over it. Get over it, Sh-it happens. 

I'm not seriously worried about him getting injured.  I'm more worried about him being the base stealing threat he should be.  Going back head first allows you to get a better lead, as you can get back into 1st quicker on a pick-off.  It's just a fact.  Not worried about it.  Scampering back awkwardly can however lead to an injury now that you mention it.

Have you ever stolen a base?

Jack down.  Just a precsient observation, and good baseball call.

Relax now, and enjoy :0    I am.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Blyleven seems like an excellent color man, wish we had him. God love Jerry Remy, hes a great guy, but he just doesnt bring that kind of analysis to the table. Thats why I like it when Eck is in the booth. I say bring back Eck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Iggy POP!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Dang!  This calling them early isn't working at all tonight!  :(

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Iggy POP!

he hit a HR? my internet dropped. getting it back online now

Edit: NVM

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Blyleven seems like an excellent color man, wish we had him. God love Jerry Remy, hes a great guy, but he just doesnt bring that kind of analysis to the table. Thats why I like it when Eck is in the booth. I say bring back Eck.

I'd sure like to hear more from Eck!  Love him as a color guy.  I still love Remy though.  No problem there.  I prefer him after the game with TC.  Good stuff   :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Nava put a great swing on that ball!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Iggy POP!

Wishful thinking.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Iggy POP!

Wishful thinking.....

TBH i was laughing as i asked the question :p

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

This is tough, as I really like Nava!  Great kid!  Tough...  Gritty! 

Still, I prefer to see JBJ stay put.  Guess that makes Nava the #4 outfielder.  What happens with Gomes if Papi cames back healthy????  If only???  I hope we get to deal with that problem!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I'd sure like to hear more from Eck!  Love him as a color guy.  I still love Remy though.  No problem there.  I prefer him after the game with TC.  Good stuff   :)

i don't mind Don and Jerry but they do tend to get offtopic and either don't talk about the game or are showing us random places of the clubhouse instead of watching the game.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

You gotta love Aceves as the RELIABLE long relief guy!  :)

Dumping him would have been a huge mistake!  Farrell can handle this kid with ease!

No worries!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

This is tough, as I really like Nava!  Great kid!  Tough...  Gritty! 

Still, I prefer to see JBJ stay put.  Guess that makes Nava the #4 outfielder.  What happens with Gomes if Papi cames back healthy????  If only???  I hope we get to deal with that problem!!!

they'll make it work. Nava will find ABs spelling for Shane against tough RHPs and i'd imagine Naps gets a day off every so often to keep that hip fresh so he'd get ABs there too.

Gomes would be a great bat to have off the bench. He was brought in as a PT player anyway so i'm not worried of he is not getting a ton of ABs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

RSDD isn't to be taken seriously as he says so himself. In other words you might as well put him onto ignore.

no need to be nasty pike. One could make a case that you shouldn't be taken too seriously either. but i still give you a chance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

RSDD isn't to be taken seriously as he says so himself. In other words you might as well put him onto ignore.

If you could just calm down a tad, and not jump on every single solitary statement, that could possibly ever have a negative implication for any living or dead Red Sox player, and just enjoy the banter a little, I think you'd be one very nice guy.  :)

Just relax a little.  Sometimes I'm tongue in cheek.  Sometimes I'm blowing steam.  Sometimes I'm dead serious, (in the moment), sometimes I really couldn't give a rip, sometimes I'm just playing it straight, sometimes I'm trying to tweak a guy or two, sometimes I'm just giving a spur of the moment opinion on a meaningless point, sometimes I really think I have a situation nailed, sometimes I'm just yucking it up, sometimes.....

RELAX!   Enjoy  :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Nice DP ball ACE!!!!   :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

i don't mind Don and Jerry but they do tend to get offtopic and either don't talk about the game or are showing us random places of the clubhouse instead of watching the game.

Exactly. But I would also add that they both tend to be yes men to a point, and dont criticize when its honestly needed. When I first started watching the Sox, this came as culture shock to me because I grew up listening to Mrty Brennamen, who tells it like it is come what may. If a guy screws up a play, Marty will say so. Thats why hes a HOF'er.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Exactly. But I would also add that they both tend to be yes men to a point, and dont criticize when its honestly needed. When I first started watching the Sox, this came as culture shock to me because I grew up listening to Mrty Brennamen, who tells it like it is come what may. If a guy screws up a play, Marty will say so. Thats why hes a HOF'er.

but they also are pretty objective IMO. when i listen to other commentators they always seem pretty biased against the opposing team (especially the d!ck YES commentators). but when i listen to Don and Jerry they never seem to hound on the opposing team.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

but they also are pretty objective IMO. when i listen to other commentators they always seem pretty biased against the opposing team (especially the d!ck YES commentators). but when i listen to Don and Jerry they never seem to hound on the opposing team.

YES is lousy, Hawk Harrelson is the pits, but probably the worst IMO are St. Louis. Youve never heard such whining in your life. It will make you physically ill. Everything Brandon Phillips said about that organization was exacty right.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

And the Red Sox clinch the Mayor's Cup for 2013.....

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts