Spring Training Game Thread:Twins @ Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Spring Training Game Thread:Twins @ Sox

Tell you what. I think we have a very good team here.  Obviously we need to get Ortiz back , and we need to stay healthy, but I like our chances.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Tell you what. I think we have a very good team here.  Obviously we need to get Ortiz back , and we need to stay healthy, but I like our chances.

Agree,gale. Let the games begin

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Iglesias is now hitting .297!  Of course that is alsopretty much his OBP, but still.  That's good enough offense for him to be the starter, considering the glove he brings.  So, what happens with Drew, and when will Bogaerts find a new position?

I'm afraid I am actually becoming a believer in Iglesias.  I liked the Drew signing (though not at that amount).  But he seems entirely redundant, and this concussion thing has been very frustrating.  Let's say Iglesias plays 6 games and bats near .300.  Then Drew is ready to come back.  Does it really make any sense to ship Iglesias out to Pawtucket to work on his offense?  I'm not sure there is much more in his offensive tank than he has shown this spring!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yes. I think this team will do better than some suspect. I think our SP is much better than NYY, and so is our BP. The hitting is just as good too, provided Ortiz gets back soon. Look for Lackey to shock some people, and look for Buchholz and Lester to come back into form this year. Taking 2 of 3 from NY to start would be nice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to UnionFallsNY's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

RSDD isn't to be taken seriously as he says so himself. In other words you might as well put him onto ignore.

If you could just calm down a tad, and not jump on every single solitary statement, that could possibly ever have a negative implication for any living or dead Red Sox player, and just enjoy the banter a little, I think you'd be one very nice guy.  :)

Just relax a little.  Sometimes I'm tongue in cheek.  Sometimes I'm blowing steam.  Sometimes I'm dead serious, (in the moment), sometimes I really couldn't give a rip, sometimes I'm just playing it straight, sometimes I'm trying to tweak a guy or two, sometimes I'm just giving a spur of the moment opinion on a meaningless point, sometimes I really think I have a situation nailed, sometimes I'm just yucking it up, sometimes.....

RELAX!   Enjoy  :)

So you are a pesky fly in the kitchen or a mosquito buzzing around your head at 3 am, or an itch in the crotch or rectal area at a staff meeting. You are about forgetting where your car is in the parking lot or what classrom or time your final exam is in.

You are the guy who laughed that Bill Lee would threw a Euphus pitch to Tony Perez, that Buckner let a grounder go thru his legs, or that Mike Torrez was taken deep by Bucky Dent. 

We don't come here for this;

RSDD:

"Sometimes I'm tongue in cheek.  Sometimes I'm blowing steam.  Sometimes I'm dead serious, (in the moment), sometimes I really couldn't give a rip, sometimes I'm just playing it straight, sometimes I'm trying to tweak a guy or two, sometimes I'm just giving a spur of the moment opinion on a meaningless point, sometimes I really think I have a situation nailed, sometimes I'm just yucking it up, sometimes.."

If you want to FART, blow off steam, pretend, troll, do "tongue in cheek, masturbate, tweak others, spout stupid opinions on purpose, be meaningless or clueless, yucking it up, ----- then do it in your bathroom shower out of the sight of others.

We don't come here to be manipulated, massaged, trolled, or ridiculed, for your pleasure and entertainment. You go onto IGNORE.

Holy Shnikies!  You have a serious anger problem, and I'm not just saying that.  From now I I will be sure to telegraph, even more than I do now, just what my intention is in each post.  For example....   (serious)  In the case of this post.  ok....  (serious, with a touch of tweakery)  ....  No...   (serious, with definite tweakery, and a good laugh to boot)

I will try to label each post just for you Pike!

Lighten up Francis  :)

Go get a little.  That could help???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

LMEMFAO    :)  Haaa!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

RSDD isn't to be taken seriously as he says so himself. In other words you might as well put him onto ignore.

If you could just calm down a tad, and not jump on every single solitary statement, that could possibly ever have a negative implication for any living or dead Red Sox player, and just enjoy the banter a little, I think you'd be one very nice guy.  :)

Just relax a little.  Sometimes I'm tongue in cheek.  Sometimes I'm blowing steam.  Sometimes I'm dead serious, (in the moment), sometimes I really couldn't give a rip, sometimes I'm just playing it straight, sometimes I'm trying to tweak a guy or two, sometimes I'm just giving a spur of the moment opinion on a meaningless point, sometimes I really think I have a situation nailed, sometimes I'm just yucking it up, sometimes.....

So you are a pesky fly in the kitchen or a mosquito buzzing around your head at 3 am, or an itch in the crotch or rectal area at a staff meeting. You are about forgetting where your car is in the parking lot or what classrom or time your final exam is in.

You are the guy who laughed that Bill Lee would threw a Euphus pitch to Tony Perez, that Buckner let a grounder go thru his legs, or that Mike Torrez was taken deep by Bucky Dent. 

RSDD:

"Sometimes I'm tongue in cheek.  Sometimes I'm blowing steam.  Sometimes I'm dead serious, (in the moment), sometimes I really couldn't give a rip, sometimes I'm just playing it straight, sometimes I'm trying to tweak a guy or two, sometimes I'm just giving a spur of the moment opinion on a meaningless point, sometimes I really think I have a situation nailed, sometimes I'm just yucking it up, sometimes.."

If you want to FART, blow off steam, pretend, troll, do "tongue in cheek, masturbate, tweak others, spout stupid opinions on purpose, be meaningless or clueless, yucking it up, ----- then do it in your bathroom shower out of the sight of others.

We don't come here to be manipulated, massaged, trolled, or ridiculed, for your pleasure and entertainment. You go onto IGNORE.

Holy Shnikies!  You have a serious anger problem, and I'm not just saying that.  From now I I will be sure to telegraph, even more than I do now, just what my intention is in each post.  For example....   (serious)  In the case of this post.  ok....  (serious, with a touch of tweakery)  ....  No...   (serious, with definite tweakery, and a good laugh to boot)

I like it! Lables for every post! That would help clear up so many misunderstadnings in the forum. Remember "Wings"? The Nantucket based airport comedy from the 90's? Remember Joe and Brian were brothers, and instead of getting into arguments with each other, they simply numbered their speeches and memorized them. When a conflict arose, it was not necessary to argue, but only to use the refernce number from the speech you needed. "Joe, speech 6!" To which Joe would reply "oh yeah? Well, speech 3 Brian". This is the kind of reference system we need on BDC. "Troll strategy 7", "oh yeah? Control freak 8".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Yes. I think this team will do better than some suspect. I think our SP is much better than NYY, and so is our BP. The hitting is just as good too, provided Ortiz gets back soon. Look for Lackey to shock some people, and look for Buchholz and Lester to come back into form this year. Taking 2 of 3 from NY to start would be nice.

A good start is important to help build confidence and morale in the players as well as the fans.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

RSDD:

I like it! Lables for every post! That would help clear up so many misunderstadnings in the forum. Remember "Wings"? The Nantucket based airport comedy from the 90's? Remember Joe and Brian were brothers, and instead of getting into arguments with each other, they simply numbered their speeches and memorized them. When a conflict arose, it was not necessary to argue, but only to use the refernce number from the speech you needed. "Joe, speech 6!" To which Joe would reply "oh yeah? Well, speech 3 Brian". This is the kind of reference system we need on BDC. "Troll strategy 7", "oh yeah? Control freak 8".

I haven't thought of that show in ages!  GREAT SHOW!  Excellent reference.  Perhaps we could label references also. 

I think I'd like to label my Lighten up Francis (Stipes?) as Ref. # 1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

A good start is important to help build confidence and morale in the players as well as the fans. 

Great point!  This is almost reason #1 for starting the season with JBJ!  I want the Sox going into this season with all cylinders firing!!! 

This season is crying out for a SRONG START after the last 2!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Great point!  This is almost reason #1 for starting the season with JBJ!  I want the Sox going into this season with all cylinders firing!!! 

This season is crying out for a SRONG START after the last 2!

The Sox havent gotten off to a good start since 2007. They are more than overdue for one, especially with all the home games in April.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

no need to be nasty pike. One could make a case that you shouldn't be taken too seriously either. but i still give you a chance.

LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The Sox havent gotten off to a good start since 2007. They are more than overdue for one, especially with all the home games in April.

More than overdue.  You got that right.

15. This post has been removed.