Spring Training in September

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Spring Training in September

I look at these remaining games as spring training or, at least, a spring training preview. There are guys playing (including some pitchers) who will not be in Ft Myers next February. There probably will be roster changes after the Tuesday (Pawtucket) game. Maybe we'll see Fields and a few other very young players. We'll see Iggy finally play himself out of contention and then we'll see Pedro at SS when spring training starts.

There'll be some trades (maybe one biggie) and at least 4 new pichers brought in via the free agent route. If I watch at least parts of the remaing games, I'm keeping in mind what they are doing (or not doing) to prepare.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Re: Spring Training in September

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

I look at these remaining games as spring training or, at least, a spring training preview. There are guys playing (including some pitchers) who will not be in Ft Myers next February. There probably will be roster changes after the Tuesday (Pawtucket) game. Maybe we'll see Fields and a few other very young players. We'll see Iggy finally play himself out of contention and then we'll see Pedro at SS when spring training starts.

There'll be some trades (maybe one biggie) and at least 4 new pichers brought in via the free agent route. If I watch at least parts of the remaing games, I'm keeping in mind what they are doing (or not doing) to prepare.

Iglesias cannot hit ML pitching and should be outrighted to Pawtucket so we put an end to this talk about he being the "shortstop of the fugure".  Unless we want to be suck paddlers in the bottom of the division this guy needs to go.  He has proven he cannot hit. PERIOD!!!!!  If we are looking towards next year we need to release James baLoney because there is no way on earth that the Red Sox can be serious about rebooting if they even have an inkling of playing the worst hitting first baseman in baseball as our man there.  Aceves and his rotten attitude should be jettisoned and Melancon, a total loon and failure, gone with him.  The team must make a statement NOW BEFORE THE SEASON IS OVER.  There is a lot of work to do and we must back up the truck, as Leo Durocher used to say, and empty the trash.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I understand not liking someone, but the name calling is quite juvenile. Iggy is only 22 and was pushed too fast in the minors. He hasnt caught up yet. He was starting to show signs of hitting in August before his call-up. Needs another year in the minors. BV didnt help the kids confidence PH for him with a 2-2 count. I cant wait til BV gets fired at the end of this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I read this morning their may be some protions from AAA Friday in time for the Baltimore series.

Too bad it would have been nice to see Bryce Brentz face Price in Tampa.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to Soxchemistry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can we outright Seabeachfred back to Sawxheads?

If you disagree with what I wrote and think those two are worthy of future consideration for positions on the Red Sox, then I know all I need to know about your baseball prowess which isn't worth my time.  I suffer fools very badly.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts