SRO ticket question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rem3. Show rem3's posts

SRO ticket question

I was able to get lower level Right Field Standing Room tickets for the Saturday playoff game. Can someone tell me how good/bad the view will be and how croweded it will be? I can imagine it being 5 people deep and a lousy view.

Thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: SRO ticket question

In response to rem3's comment:

I was able to get lower level Right Field Standing Room tickets for the Saturday playoff game. Can someone tell me how good/bad the view will be and how croweded it will be? I can imagine it being 5 people deep and a lousy view.

Thanks

better views can always be found!

hell, i wandered around looking for a better spot to watch the game and ended up on top of the green monster!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Thanks

I had standing room for a yanks game once.  The view is terrible and you will be at least five fans deep.

If you leave your spot to get some food or go to the bathroom you will lose your spot.  I found that people got pretty nasty.  Forget about staying by family or friends.  It was a terrible experience and I would never do it again.

Having said all that, who cares!!!!

You will enjoy all the excitement of a post season game.  Have fun and enjoy!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Thanks

I've been there.  My advice to you is that if you are standing there, to bring a good pair of binoculars.  It is a MUST.  It will allow you to see the game.  Otherwise, it will be hard to follow.  You can still tell what's going on and have fun but it is soo far away from the action.  I hope that helps!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

@ RES

These may not be pretty.  :-(  I had seats in one of the last rows out beyond the Pesky Pole once and left them to instead "wander" through the SR area in back of 1st to 3rd.  If you're over 6' tall that's not a bad option.   

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

hell, i wandered around looking for a better spot to watch the game and ended up on top of the green monster!

this x 1million.  the BEST thing about Fenway is that if there is a seat open, you can sit in it.  you could very well end up right behind homeplate.  no other stadium on the planet allows this.  you can't even walk down the aisle of lower sections in other parks/stadiums.

wait until about the 5th or 6th inning and see if you can score a great seat.  the "fans" in the expensive seats dont usually stay the whole game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

[QUOTE]

this x 1million.  the BEST thing about Fenway is that if there is a seat open, you can sit in it.  you could very well end up right behind homeplate.  no other stadium on the planet allows this.  you can't even walk down the aisle of lower sections in other parks/stadiums.

wait until about the 5th or 6th inning and see if you can score a great seat.  the "fans" in the expensive seats dont usually stay the whole game.

[/QUOTE]

For a regular home game at Fenway,I'd agree with you.This is a playoff though and empty spaces are going to be a LOT harder to come by I believe.

If you plan on eating or having a beer or two,bring a good amount of money,a beer and a hot dog costs $15.00,unless they raise the price for them too like they did for the playoff tickets. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

If you plan on eating or having a beer or two,bring a good amount of money,a beer and a hot dog costs $15.00,unless they raise the price for them too like they did for the playoff tickets.

Yup, which is why I fill up on food and beer before I go in.

You can get a decent dinner and a few beers for what a couple of dogs and beer would cost inside Fenway.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

cask n flagon FTW

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

There's a lot of great places to go.

Cask & Flagon

Remy's

Boston Beer Works

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Hold on, is a Fenway Frank $10 today?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

My mistake,it's only $14.00 for a beer and hot dog.The beer is $8.50 and it's $5.50 for a Hot Dog.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

[QUOTE]

Thanks

I had standing room for a yanks game once.  The view is terrible and you will be at least five fans deep.

If you leave your spot to get some food or go to the bathroom you will lose your spot.  I found that people got pretty nasty.  Forget about staying by family or friends.  It was a terrible experience and I would never do it again.

Having said all that, who cares!!!!

You will enjoy all the excitement of a post season game.  Have fun and enjoy!

[/QUOTE] hi 67, i agree, my wife and i went to a Yanks/Rangers ALDS game(Andy pitched) sat about 15 rows back in LF corner..the view was so so..but the atmosphere was sick..only postseason game i've ever gotten to..it was worth it.. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

[QUOTE]

My mistake,it's only $14.00 for a beer and hot dog.The beer is $8.50 and it's $5.50 for a Hot Dog.

[/QUOTE]

ok thanks

$6/dog is fair - they are awesome........But I need 5 or 6 so that's still an expensive meal!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Thanks

Igot  OMC Tickets  and from what i know , the view is great.Had same ones for 04 and 07. They happen to be real close to the beer stand and very easy to call  down for another brew. Had great parking and very easy to get in and out. That was a plus when game was over. Hung around many hours after game and just partied..... On My Couch tickets  can't be beat !!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

fenway frank + brewski = pefect

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rem3. Show rem3's posts

I posted the original question, thanks everyone for your responses. I think the flaw in my original thinking is that because the ticket says Right Field Standing room that I was limited to that area. But based on the post here and thinking more about it I don't see how they could police that and I should be able to find something decent somewhere. Hopefully. As someone said just being in the building is the important thing and the only playoff game I have ever been to was 2009 game 3 against the Angels, which obviously didn't end well.

I know I am overthinking this but I live in SW CT so going to the game would involve a 3+ hour drive and a hotel room which I don't really want to do if I won't be able to see the game.

Thanks again for the input.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I posted the original question, thanks everyone for your responses. I think the flaw in my original thinking is that because the ticket says Right Field Standing room that I was limited to that area. But based on the post here and thinking more about it I don't see how they could police that and I should be able to find something decent somewhere. Hopefully. As someone said just being in the building is the important thing and the only playoff game I have ever been to was 2009 game 3 against the Angels, which obviously didn't end well.

I know I am overthinking this but I live in SW CT so going to the game would involve a 3+ hour drive and a hotel room which I don't really want to do if I won't be able to see the game.

i am going to ALDS game 2 and live in NY so i have a longer drive than you do :p 5+ hours.

luckily, i have family in Milton and won't need a hotel.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Bring binoculars and also maybe try and see if you could upgrade your tickets......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rem3. Show rem3's posts

I am not sure I want to try to updgrade. The only other time I had standing room was 2004 game 3 against the Yanks. I upgraded to bleacher seats outside of the stadium I traded my SRO and cash for the tickets...and they turned out to be counterfeit. At least it turned out to be a good game not to be at.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I am not sure I want to try to updgrade. The only other time I had standing room was 2004 game 3 against the Yanks. I upgraded to bleacher seats outside of the stadium I traded my SRO and cash for the tickets...and they turned out to be counterfeit. At least it turned out to be a good game not to be at.

don't upgrade on the street

go through the ticket booth or an agency.....

i think the question you have to ask yourself is what would you do if you didn't go to the game?  and do you think you'd enjoy the game more if you didn't go?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

MEF posted:

Softy replied
    You violated the law, by paying for a particular seat license and trespassed into a seat you weren't authorized to sit in.

Wow.   This board is turning into a regular legal-fest with free legal advice wherever you turn!   Smile

Don't worry MEF.  If they police come and cart you away for violating the seat license and trespasing we'll be sure you get your smokes!  When IS visiting day at the jail, anyway?  LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If worse comes to worse, you can just roam around. Go on Yawkey Way and watch the tvs out there too. As long as your at the Park. Im only Pedey size, so SRO would be tough on me if I wasnt up front.