SS $$

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: SS $$

Iglesias is the shortstop.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No to S. Drew.  The Red Sox already gave his older brother a 5-year, $70 million deal. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that makes a lot of sense... because they are the same player right?  get a grip man

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:
    [QUOTE]

whether the drews are different people or not, i can see no way that stephan drew would ever play in boston after the way his brother was treated.

i understand that he never hit 3- HRs in a season, never drove in 100 and never hit .300 for the sox and also that he was probably overpaid for his five years, but he was still a very respectable outfielder.

yes, JD got his money, but i would bet that outside of the paycheck and maybe some teammates that he never was happy in boston because the media and the fans just killed him.

the younger drew also seems to have trouble staying on the field so he could only expect the exact same treatment in boston.

[/QUOTE]

Again pure supposition.

Stephen DRew will ahve a few offers to sift thru, and he might not like boston for what you said.

Or maybe he thinks of things like that as part of the game.

The sad part is many Sox fans have already decided he is his brother, incuding yourself with the "trouble staying on the field" comment.  The guy broke an ankle for his one career injury.  If that means he has trouble staying on the field, Jacoby Ellsbury should be classified as legally dead.

Steephen Drew will go whereever the most money and years are.  He hired Boras, and players who hire Boras typically do so to get maximum money for maximum years...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to thegobees' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Give Colorado Salty, Lester, Iglesias for Tulowitski

Add Ellsbury and bard and maybe we can get CarGo as well!!!

[/QUOTE]

I think you greatly overvalue the trade appeal of both Ellsbury and Bard.   And that is not even the worst part of this proposal...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He certainly could be, and is the frontrunner s of now.

I think they should give it to him and do not look back...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to charliedarling's comment:
    [QUOTE]

whether the drews are different people or not, i can see no way that stephan drew would ever play in boston after the way his brother was treated.

i understand that he never hit 3- HRs in a season, never drove in 100 and never hit .300 for the sox and also that he was probably overpaid for his five years, but he was still a very respectable outfielder.

yes, JD got his money, but i would bet that outside of the paycheck and maybe some teammates that he never was happy in boston because the media and the fans just killed him.

the younger drew also seems to have trouble staying on the field so he could only expect the exact same treatment in boston.

[/QUOTE]

Again pure supposition.

Stephen DRew will ahve a few offers to sift thru, and he might not like boston for what you said.

Or maybe he thinks of things like that as part of the game.

The sad part is many Sox fans have already decided he is his brother, incuding yourself with the "trouble staying on the field" comment.  The guy broke an ankle for his one career injury.  If that means he has trouble staying on the field, Jacoby Ellsbury should be classified as legally dead.

Steephen Drew will go whereever the most money and years are.  He hired Boras, and players who hire Boras typically do so to get maximum money for maximum years...

[/QUOTE]

Boras or no Boras , that is what it is all about in sports , in business and, for the most part , in life.  Maximum money and maximum years.   I know that there are some exceptions to this. But that is the general rule. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Personally , I think he will develop into a decent enough hitter to more than justify keeping his brilliant defense in the lineup. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Personally , I think he will develop into a decent enough hitter to more than justify keeping his brilliant defense in the lineup. 

[/QUOTE]

i hope so. as of right now he can't swing his way out of a wet paper bag. definitely willing to give him the shot though. a great fielding SS is what we need for our shaky pitching staff!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Not sold they need a SS. And like every position in FA this offseason, there's slim pickins. If they feel it's imperative , I suggest Freddy Sanchez for his decent career BA & OBP. Yes, im aware that SS is not his primary position. Platoon Sanchez for the first 2 AB then bring in Iglesias as the superior defensive replacement to cut down on his. Anyone second this idea? Or is it rubbish?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to emp9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not sold they need a SS. And like every position in FA this offseason, there's slim pickins. If they feel it's imperative , I suggest Freddy Sanchez for his decent career BA & OBP. Yes, im aware that SS is not his primary position. Platoon Sanchez for the first 2 AB then bring in Iglesias as the superior defensive replacement to cut down on his. Anyone second this idea? Or is it rubbish?

[/QUOTE]

rubbish. if iggy is going to have any glimmer of a chance he needs to maximize his ABs to refine his offense enough and hope he can hit 200-220

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Fair enough