St Louis in better position to get to WS than BRS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

St Louis in better position to get to WS than BRS

Yes, the Cards are ina great position to repeat. They need  a SS and someone to replace  Beltran who reallly needs to be in AL.They had 20 home grown players in the WS.

Sox have too many quality FA. Els: Gone. Napoli: we have a chance. Drew: gone. Salty we keep him for whatever that is worth.

Sox raise ticket prices close to 5%. Will they in turn put the bucks on keeping Els and Drew?Doubtful considering both are clients of Boras. Factually ,there is almost no way to repeat. To keep close, the Sox farm clubs have to produce so that they may win in 2015. Giants did it and so can Sox.

Someone is going to spend a fortune to get Tanaka. At least Sox won't be in that hunt.2014 may well be a "wait to nexxt year" scenario.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: St Louis in better position to get to WS than BRS

But, back in April , the Red Sox were supposed to fight it out with Yankees for last place.

On paper, what looks like gold can sometimes be garbage.

And vice versa.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

We just beat them in the World Series. Tell me why I should care about what position they are in? This is about like The Doors playing the Ed Sullivan Show, and being told to change a lyric in one their songs. They sang the song, and did not change the lyric. As they were heading off stage someone from the show said "you'll never play the Ed Sullivan Show again". To which Jim Morrison relplied, "we just did".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

We just beat them in the World Series. Tell me why I should care about what position they are in? This is about like The Doors playing the Ed Sullivan Show, and being told to change a lyric in one their songs. They sang the song, and did not change the lyric. As they were heading off stage someone from the show said "you'll never play the Ed Sullivan Show again". To which Jim Morrison relplied, "we just did".

+1

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

AP-16 November 2013

by Sidd Finch

Early this afternoon, it was rumored that senior executive members of the Boston Red Sox front office officially decided to cancel their 2014, 2015, and 2016 seasons, citing as a reason the fact they were doomed.

Said an unnamed official, 'We're doomed, we're doomed, we're doomed.'.  Rumors abound that Tampa Bay, the Detroit Tigers, Cleveland Indians, Oakland A's also have shut down for all or part of those seasons.

On a brighter note, members of the St. Louis Cardinals were celebrating their 2015 World Series Championship with grape juice, noting that the 2014 grape harvest had not yet turned into wine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

You have to be a bit of a masochist to start a thread like this. You will definitely get beaten up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

This makes no sense.

The Tigers had three aces and should have been in the WS with a healthy Cabrera. Didn't happen. Guess what? They actually have to play the games rather than the stats.

The only certainty I have is that I don't know who will be in the WS, but I know that Ben will field a competitive team that plays to the last out. I'll take my chances with the RS doing better than the Cardinals next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

You have to be a bit of a masochist to start a thread like this. You will definitely get beaten up.

By my very nature of being a Sox fan growing up in Michigan that indeed I am masochist

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

AP-16 November 2013

by Sidd Finch

Early this afternoon, it was rumored that senior executive members of the Boston Red Sox front office officially decided to cancel their 2014, 2015, and 2016 seasons, citing as a reason the fact they were doomed.

Said an unnamed official, 'We're doomed, we're doomed, we're doomed.'.  Rumors abound that Tampa Bay, the Detroit Tigers, Cleveland Indians, Oakland A's also have shut down for all or part of those seasons.

On a brighter note, members of the St. Louis Cardinals were celebrating their 2015 World Series Championship with grape juice, noting that the 2014 grape harvest had not yet turned into wine.

Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to boboinfla's comment:

Yes, the Cards are ina great position to repeat. They need  a SS and someone to replace  Beltran who reallly needs to be in AL.They had 20 home grown players in the WS.

Sox have too many quality FA. Els: Gone. Napoli: we have a chance. Drew: gone. Salty we keep him for whatever that is worth.

Sox raise ticket prices close to 5%. Will they in turn put the bucks on keeping Els and Drew?Doubtful considering both are clients of Boras. Factually ,there is almost no way to repeat. To keep close, the Sox farm clubs have to produce so that they may win in 2015. Giants did it and so can Sox.

Someone is going to spend a fortune to get Tanaka. At least Sox won't be in that hunt.2014 may well be a "wait to nexxt year" scenario.

WOW! ... holy crap ! what about 2015 .... Heck the trophy is still warm......You need to get out and do something........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

WOW! ... holy crap ! what about 2015 .... Heck the trophy is still warm......You need to get out and do something........

given the outcome....IMO the burden of proof will be on the Cards..though in fairness, like the Sox, the Cards have showm they know how to thrive while being the"hunted" so to speak..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Almost exactly one year ago, Toronto was about to clinch the AL East.  Or so I read.

And really, St. Louis is in a good position.  They had like 8 or 9 rookies on a 25-man World Series roster, and the only major free agents were on the far side of 35.  Whats your point?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Almost exactly one year ago, Toronto was about to clinch the AL East.  Or so I read.

And really, St. Louis is in a good position.  They had like 8 or 9 rookies on a 25-man World Series roster, and the only major free agents were on the far side of 35.  Whats your point?

Laid end to end, the rotting corpses of the can't miss teams would circle the globe.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from one-for-the-road. Show one-for-the-road's posts

yeah, they were in a better position to get the 2013 title

lame

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Cards are a very good NL team and they will be in the hunt because their only real competition in their division is Pittsburgh and maybe Cincy if they acquire enough quality players in the offseason. The Sox on the other hand play in the toughest division and will have to work their butts off just to get back to the playoffs, because unllike the NLC the ALE spends money like they have a printing press in their office's. The Yankees will be spenders, the O's will spend a little, Toronto has no choice but to spend, the Rays will spend wisely again and that leaves the Sox who have committed themselves to restrict spending, but who also have the #1 Farm system, couple these facts with the loss of at least 2 FA's of importance and you have the uphill battle scenario in place. I truly hope the sox are in the hunt come the end of the 2014 campaign, but I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

This has got to be one of the dumbest threads of the year. Neither team has signed or lost any players yet, but the Cardinals are in better position? Really?

Geez ... can we at least wait until one player is signed or lost before we start jumping off the Tobin.

"Factually, there is no way to repeat." What the he!! does that mean?

What "facts" say the Sox can't repeat. If you don't think the Sox can repeat -- that's called an opinion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

This has got to be one of the dumbest threads of the year. Neither team has signed or lost any players yet, but the Cardinals are in better position? Really?

Geez ... can we at least wait until one player is signed or lost before we start jumping off the Tobin.

"Factually, there is no way to repeat." What the he!! does that mean?

What "facts" say the Sox can't repeat. If you don't think the Sox can repeat -- that's called an opinion.

LOL

How did I miss that "fact" about the Sox being unable to repeat.

I know Sox fans are impatient.  But its NOVEMBER!!! Aren't the Sox allowed a full month after their title before we eliminate them?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

First off if we finished in last place next year, as long as we played hard and didn't sign any Crawford type albatross contracts, I'd be fine. 

I don't need to win the world series or make it to the world series every year. 

The Sox have plenty of resources and time to address their issues. 

You don't even know for certain Napoli and Drew are gone, you've been lapping up whatever the media has said which is nothing of certainty. 

Ells, granted, he is likely gone but even that is not done yet. 

I'd recommend a nice long bath and maybe a neck massage.

Sections
Shortcuts