Standing "O"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Standing "O"

Got ya

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

he got a standing O for 2000 K's and 199 wins..Its called respect for a longtime player who has done everything this team has asked of him..why the heck is that so hard to understand?? unbelievable!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

southpaw why are you wasting your time responding to a moron. you know why he got the standing O just like the rest of us redsox fans who actually watched the game. wake is 1 win away from 200 wins. he has struck out 2,000 hitters as a red sox pitcher. inspite of the runs he gave up he still left with a lead and got the win. my advice to you is to ignore the morons and just continue to enjoy the ride and how white hot our ballteam is right now. ya gotta love how the 7th inning has really turned in some great numbers eh?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

If I were there, I would have given Wakefield a standing ovation also; otherwise, I probably wouldn't have been able to see him exiting the mound.  As far as this thread OP is concerned, here is my response:

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Standing "O":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Standing "O" : Yes, you are a pathetic red flops fan. Glad you are finally fessing up to it.
    Posted by -The--Babe----------[/QUOTE]

What's that old saying about the pot calling the kettle black? Seeing as you're a Yankees fan on a Red Sox forum (which for the life of us we can't figure out why) what relevance do any of your comments have? Especially when we consider the stupidity and inflamitory "just for the heck of it" nature of 99% of what you say. That'd be like me going to a Yankees forum on the Daily News site and saying that one Yankees fan or another was pathetic. Do you have any idea the kind of spiteful and insecure person does what you're doing? I guess not, or you wouldn't be here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Standing "O" : Well put. It seems that the longevity and the success of DOING WHATEVER IS ASKED OF YOU for the sake of the team is lost on the OP. If the game wasn't in hand, Tito wouldn't have sent Wake back out. Besides, we are beating the teams we OUGHT TO beat.  Nothing wrong there.  It's when we DON"T beat the teams we should beat that things can get hinky.  I know there is the sentiment among some that they are doing what they are getting paid for, which is true, but showing appreciation never hurts.  Never.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Babe is just jealous because his lame team isn't in first place Yaz. He'll do and/or say anything to grasp at some kind of straw to make himself feel better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Lousy day for Wake...worse for Francoma who slept through the onslaught in the 7th inning. Maybe it was "Connecticut Day" at Fenway?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Lousy day for Wake...worse for Francoma who slept through the onslaught in the 7th inning. Maybe it was "Connecticut Day" at Fenway?
    Posted by PetesCall[/QUOTE]

Gosh, this is dumb.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]Lousy day for Wake...worse for Francoma who slept through the onslaught in the 7th inning. Maybe it was "Connecticut Day" at Fenway?
    Posted by PetesCall[/QUOTE]

I think if I got Petes call,I'd hang up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Standing "O" : I think if I got Petes call,I'd hang up.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

I'd give my time to a telemarketer before I'd respond to Pete. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe----. Show The--Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Standing "O" : What's that old saying about the pot calling the kettle black? Seeing as you're a Yankees fan on a Red Sox forum (which for the life of us we can't figure out why) what relevance do any of your comments have? Especially when we consider the stupidity and inflamitory "just for the heck of it" nature of 99% of what you say. That'd be like me going to a Yankees forum on the Daily News site and saying that one Yankees fan or another was pathetic. Do you have any idea the kind of spiteful and insecure person does what you're doing? I guess not, or you wouldn't be here.

Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

LOL...the team to which one is a fan of doesn't make one's post any more relevant than the other. If you did go to the NYDN site I'm sure you would find a pathetic fan there, so you wouldn't be out of line. The fact that you are pathetic would be more out of line than because of what team you root for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Standing "O" : Gosh, this is dumb.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

just like most of his posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

It's been fun, kiddies.

Time for a nap.

A question or two for those who can't figure out the Standing O

1)  Are you British?  After all Winston Churchill did for you in saving the Island Empire, you threw him out of office in peace.  Amazing.

2)  Are you Brutus?  After all your friend Caesar did for you and the Roman Empire, you stab him in the back?

3)  Are you Bill Clinton?  After all the support as a wife and money earned as the bread winner Hillary gave you while you played politics as governor of AK, all you do is fool around with any willing dolly?  And kept it up as the prez?

4)  Are you Oprah's staff?  At the close of 25 monumental seasons, the surprise that you gave the most generous TV hostess ever was ... nothing?

...  Night, night, poor sport.  I hope when I wake up, you'll have come to your senses and see the value of the Standing O.

THANK YOU WAKE .... FOR SO MUCH ... AND MORE TO COME.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]southpaw why are you wasting your time responding to a moron. you know why he got the standing O just like the rest of us redsox fans who actually watched the game. wake is 1 win away from 200 wins. he has struck out 2,000 hitters as a red sox pitcher. inspite of the runs he gave up he still left with a lead and got the win. my advice to you is to ignore the morons and just continue to enjoy the ride and how white hot our ballteam is right now. ya gotta love how the 7th inning has really turned in some great numbers eh?
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

I know Hammah, but every once in a while i gotta say something..7th inning, 93+ runs..We score most of our runs in the 1st and 7th..Hit em hard at the start and able to finish it off toward the end..Pretty impressive stats IMO..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]dcater, Rice woudn't have gotten a standing ovation if he struck out 5 times and reached 1000 hits. You are a reprobate.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

Not sure where you've been, but Rice received temendous adulation from the fans.  Standing O's more than once .... 

Only the Boston Press rode Rice ... fans loved him, greatly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe----. Show The--Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]It's been fun, kiddies. Time for a nap.     A question or two for those who can't figure out the Standing O   1)  Are you British?  After all Winston Churchill did for you in saving the Island Empire, you threw him out of office in peace.  Amazing.   2)  Are you Brutus?  After all your friend Caesar did for you and the Roman Empire, you know stab him in the back?   3)  Are you Bill Clinton?  After all the support as a wife and money earned as the bread winner Hillary gave you while you played politics as governor of AK, all you do is fool around with any willing dolly?  And kept it up as the prez?   4)  Are you Oprah's staff?  At the close of 25 monumental seasons, the surprise that you gave the most generous TV hostess ever was ... nothing?   ...  Night, night, poor sport.  I hope when I wake up, you'll have come to your senses and see the value of the Standing O. THANK YOU WAKE .... FOR SO MUCH ... AND MORE TO COME.  

Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Ummm...exactly when was clinton governor of Alaska?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Standing "O" : I know Hammah, but every once in a while i gotta say something..7th inning, 93+ runs..We score most of our runs in the 1st and 7th..Hit em hard at the start and able to finish it off toward the end..Pretty impressive stats IMO..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

This team is acting like a well-built team should act.  This team can flat-out hit, especially the top of the order.  That's why they make hay in the 1st.  Then when the starters are gone and the weak underbelly (bull pen) is exposed the entire order takes advantage of it.

Congratulations to John Henry, Theo Epstein et.al. for building the team and thanks to Tito for knowing how to manage it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Standing "O" : Francona sent him out in the seventh for a encore and it turned into a disaster. Blame Francona for the debacle.
    Posted by PaulLaCourse[/QUOTE]

What debacle?  I thought we won the game?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]southpaw why are you wasting your time responding to a moron. you know why he got the standing O just like the rest of us redsox fans who actually watched the game. wake is 1 win away from 200 wins. he has struck out 2,000 hitters as a red sox pitcher. inspite of the runs he gave up he still left with a lead and got the win. my advice to you is to ignore the morons and just continue to enjoy the ride and how white hot our ballteam is right now. ya gotta love how the 7th inning has really turned in some great numbers eh?
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

The voice of reason. Loved the standing O's for Wake for the 2,000 strikeouts, and especially after the grand slam. One pitch doesn't mean anything in the context of how you performed. Great moments.