STANDOUT LACKEY PERFORMANCE, WHERE'S MY COOKIE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

STANDOUT LACKEY PERFORMANCE, WHERE'S MY COOKIE?

been down on the lackless one all year but based on how intense he was in the fight tonight and the fact that this could be his big career-defining moment in boston and it is the orioles after all. i look for him to prioritize this over whatever's going on at home and else where. orioles are trotting out a guy with 0-1 career record as a starter with a era at almost 7 against a hot hitting home team ooking for blood. i can see papi goig deep twice. dont worry i would be beyond shocked if we seee the orioles close (gregg), the one who called us whiners and not afraid of our $180m payroll. wonder if he'll come to the dark side if theo offered him a 2 year deal at the same prsemt salary? does he not remind you of keith foulke (body type and demeanor)? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: LOOKING FORWARD TO A STANDOUT LACKEY PERFORMANCE TOMORROW?

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2011/07/08/lackeys_path_shouldnt_include_a_step_back/?page=2
    great article by the esteemed bob ryan on mr. lackless. look, barry zito aint walking through that door...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: LOOKING FORWARD TO A STANDOUT LACKEY PERFORMANCE TODAY?

In Response to LOOKING FORWARD TO A STANDOUT LACKEY PERFORMANCE TODAY?:
    [QUOTE]been down on the lackless one all year but based on how intense he was in the fight tonight and the fact that this could be his big career-defining moment in boston and it is the orioles after all. i look for him to prioritize this over whatever's going on at home and else where. orioles are trotting out a guy with 0-1 career record as a starter with a era at almost 7 against a hot hitting home team ooking for blood. i can see papi goig deep twice. dont worry i would be beyond shocked if we seee the orioles close (gregg), the one who called us whiners and not afraid of our $180m payroll. wonder if he'll come to the dark side if theo offered him a 2 year deal at the same prsemt salary? does he not remind you of keith foulke (body type and demeanor)? 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

The Orioles may be ready to hit anyone today after what happened last night.  I don't expect any miricle game from Lackey but do hope for one, or at least our bats to light up the Orioles again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gready. Show Gready's posts

We need the 10 runs and then some for Lackey's start.  He is useless...and annoying.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

A good performance from Lackey would be most welcomed. I am not sure that we can count on that at this point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm hoping for a blow-out tonight, 25-0 sox...Lackey throws a no-hitter.

It's a win win for me,  this is so unrealistic I can just say I'm joking.....yet if it happens (or anything in that ballpark)  I look like I'm a genius. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

History is not destiny - Mr. Lackluster has proven that.

He was okay until he got here.

Waiting for him to turn it around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

I'm just hoping that he, I don't know, doesn't suck *** tomorrow....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Fueled by Gregg's idiotic post-game rant, the Sox will bomb the O's today regardless of Lackey's performance.  Still, Lackey's going to give up 5-7 and exit by the 5th.  Just a guess.  Sure would be nice to see the pen get some needed relief, but there's no sign that Lackey can provide it.

Albers looked filthy last night, though...nasty, nasty action on the off speed stuff. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I hope Lackey doesn't go after the Orioles' hitters, at least early. Don't need an early ejection. However, if he makes it to the seventh inning and we have a big lead ... have at it, bro.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: LOOKING FORWARD TO A STANDOUT LACKEY PERFORMANCE TODAY?:
    [QUOTE]I hope Lackey doesn't go after the Orioles' hitters, at least early. Don't need an early ejection. However, if he makes it to the seventh inning and we have a big lead ... have at it, bro.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I think we need to worry more about out scoring the runs Lackey could allow today against a very upset team.  I never like Showalter anywhere he has been so he is probably the worst influence players could have.

Lackey is in nn position to throw at anyone today.  He needs to pitch to win period.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]I hope Lackey doesn't go after the Orioles' hitters, at least early. Don't need an early ejection. However, if he makes it to the seventh inning and we have a big lead ... have at it, bro.

I agree Lloyd.  Gregg was clearly trying to hit Papi.  I don't think there would've been a brawl if Gregg had just done it right away.  It's lame that Gregg couldn't get the job done in the first place; maybe that's why he's pitching for a team whose only offense comes in front of the microphones!

Sox get a five run lead and Lackey (or whomever is out there by that time) is going to plunk someone.  But I also think that if Lackey unintentionally hits someone early on, we're going to see another bench clearer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: LOOKING FORWARD TO A STANDOUT LACKEY PERFORMANCE OR A BRAWL TODAY?

LEANING TOWARS A BRAWL TODAY. RHETORIC IS VERY HOT OVER HERE. LISTENING TO EEI THIS MORNING, SEEMS HOT IN BOSTON AS WELL. I SEE SOX TAKING A BIG lead into the 7th and papi whacking his second HR after styling and profiling after his first earlier. next guy gets it in the back, benches clear and someone is going after gregg and tito byitch-slaps showalter after buck disses him after he verbally confronts him about his shenanigans. 

i see an inevitable all-out brawl that froces the game to end in the 7th or 8th inning for u dont have enough guys to play. tomorrow, i see torre flying in and laying down the times 3 law.. anything that would usually be a fine or one-game suspension gets tripled in cionsquences, as he tries to dial things back... this will get ugly today, rosie o'donnell and michelle bachmann ugly!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: LOOKING FORWARD TO A STANDOUT LACKEY PERFORMANCE OR A BRAWL TODAY?

I expect a huge game from Lackey today.  Just a guess mostly, but I think his biggest problem is that he's been distracted.  For Lackey, I think this is just what the doctor ordered.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Interesting scenario tonight. We may see a little "chin music" from Sox pitchers, especially with Lackey on the mound.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: LOOKING FORWARD TO A STANDOUT LACKEY PERFORMANCE AND A BRAWL TODAY?

I fail to see the similarity between Kevin Gregg and Keith Foulke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from therimrattler. Show therimrattler's posts

foulke saved a lot of games in '04 so i will always love him

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from therimrattler. Show therimrattler's posts

gregg, not so much

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

i'm taking my bow and want my cookie and a mulligans with my next 5 wrong predictions.. you hear that bostontrollspankee! MOST HERE HAD NO FAITH IN THE GUY.. OUT OF 27 RESPONDENTS TO THE POLL, 16 WERE NEGATIVE. the man is still bringing it consistently at 93-95.. thats the key right there. helps his changeup and breaking balls work better,. his real issue has been with command and location. not ready to crown him yet but he should have around a 5 ERA going forward. not great but not bad. we could see him rebound by th playoffs as the 4th starter or next year. most guys have no passion, lack's issue is he has toooo much! thats not bad thing to have, rather start here than with a JD drew... 

HIS TEAMMATES ALREADY REVERE HIM, THOSE 2 HIT batsmen certainly doesnt hurt his standing in that lockerrrom.. this guy is a warrior and someone to go to war with whether he consistently brings his A game or not. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

Re: STANDOUT LACKEY PERFORMANCE, WHERE'S MY COOKIE?

m

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: STANDOUT LACKEY PERFORMANCE, WHERE'S MY COOKIE?

www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2009/06/chocolate_chip_cookie.jpg" alt="" width="426" height="392" />

Here ya go, CC!!!

Attaboy, John!