Starting lineup for the 67 Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Re: Starting lineup for the 67 Red Sox

It was a different world in '67. What I remember most is listening to the Sox on my little transister radio, under the sheets, when they went to the west coast. If you fell asleep you might not know who won until the afternoon edition of the Globe, that's right they had morning and afternoon editions of the paper, there was no way the score would be in the morning paper.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

The only game we had tickets for that year was "Russ Gibson Day" We were from Fall River as was Gibby so people in Fall River made a big deal of it. We couldn't make the game because my gandmother got really sick so we couldn't make the game. After that(late July) tickets just got harder and harder to get, and my dad didn't want standing room. Sadly never got to a game in 67.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Starting lineup for the 67 Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Starting lineup for the 67 Red Sox : I was listening to that game, which is pretty famous, considering the protagonists involved, and what happened that season. Let's not forget that historically great catch Yaz made in Death Valley on Tom Tresh to preserve the no-hitter at that point; Jerry Coleman lost his voice on that one.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]
    I was watching the game in a bar across the street from Central Park having travelled from UMass - Amherst for the spring mobilization against the war in Vietnam.  My recollection of the catch by Yaz was that it was a bullet over his head that he had to go back for and leap to make the catch. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Yes. I've seen it on replays since.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Reggie Smith was the Sox opening day 2B in '67.  Also finished 2nd in ROY ballot.

Any guesses as to who was the '67 AL ROY?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]Reggie Smith was the Sox opening day 2B in '67.  Also finished 2nd in ROY ballot. Any guesses as to who was the '67 AL ROY?
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

I believe that it was Rod Carew?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Starting lineup for the 67 Red Sox : I believe that it was Rod Carew?!
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

Gold star for jay.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Starting lineup for the 67 Red Sox : Gold star for jay.
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

I knew it. I swear I didn't cheat either. Those Twins were more talented then us in 67. Carew, Killabrew, Oliva, Dean Chance, Jim Kaat, Bob Allison, Zollo Versailles-65 MVP. They beat us in the season series also, but we beat them the last two games of the year when it mattered.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Elston Howard got that hit, against Rohr.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Does anybody remember the great catch in LF that Yaz made, which for a while preserved the Rohr no-hit bid?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Starting lineup for the 67 Red Sox :      Does anybody remember the great catch in LF that Yaz made, which for a while preserved the Rohr no-hit bid?
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Yes off Tom Tresh. I can still hear Ken Coleman.......There's a drive to deep left field Yastrzemski is going hard way back, way back........and he dives and makes a tremendous catch!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Yes, as mentioned just a few posts up.

Sections
Shortcuts