Starting Pitchers- Free Agents for 2012-Who should Theo sign?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Starting Pitchers- Free Agents for 2012-Who should Theo sign?

In Response to Re: Starting Pitchers- Free Agents for 2012-Who should Theo sign?:
    [QUOTE]Boston isnt going to sign another long term contract.  Already locked Lester, Lackey, Beckett and soon Bucholtz for a long term contract.  Safer way is to sign Bedard for two years plus option contract.  Then hopefully in two years from now, there will be another talent pitcher in the minor league to be call up.  Right now the top two best minor league prospects are both a pitcher.  But they are only 21 and 23 years old. I strongly believe that Boston will look for a talent right handed hitter to fill the open spot such as SS, RF, maybe DH if Papi walk, etc.!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

I agree Uconn, RF is still up for grabs next season and Kalish just went back on the DL.  He may end up being another Lowrie but I hope he makes it back.  A good RHH OF is a necessity.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

The M's just acquired corner outfielders.  They'd love a shortstop and a true power bat ( LH). 3B depends on where they play Kyle Seeger;  catching need depends on Adam Moore's development.  Bottom line is Felix is going nowhere.  If I were going to "open the vault", I'd be sniffing around the Dodgers to see if some kind of fire sale occurs - Kemp, Kershaw.  Very doubtful - but who knows.

Why be a Wake basher?  He's been one loyal guy over the years.  He not only can win 200 but  become the Sox's winningest pitcher passing Satan's emissary ( Clemens).  He at least deserves a shot at competing for the 5th spot and if not possibly long relief.  Good guys deserve a break too!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Though I generally like trade proposal trading Renaudo,Lavarnway,and Middlebrooks in the same trade ain't happening even for Hernandez! Now I do like Bedard and hope the sox bring him back as he has pitched very well considering the lack of run support and some of the strangest and smallest strikezone ever invented by the likes of McClelland and the mutt who umped the game in Texas who decided that calling third strikes on Texas batters was against the new code of ethics....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

In Response to Re: Starting Pitchers- Free Agents for 2012-Who should Theo sign?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Starting Pitchers- Free Agents for 2012-Who should Theo sign? : OMFG.  Felix Hernandez will not be traded.  He is signed through 2014, so unless the Mariners decide there's no way he'll re-sign with them at that point; they're not going to trade him.  Please everyone, wake up from the insane dream your having about him, and forget about the possibility until mid-2013 at the absolute earliest.
    Posted by redsoxfan791[/QUOTE]

Not to mention for them to even pick up the phone it would start with Clay not Middlebrooks, and it would include quite a bit more than 4 prospects

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I don't think we need any big ticket FA pitching signings...Beckett, Lester, Buchholz, and Lackey is a solid top-4.

Wakefield - will be resigned at his usual 1 yr, 2 M. worth the 150 innings

Bedard - depends if he prices himself out with good pitching this year, but id                  take that trade off

Weiland
    Wilson
    Doubront - Weiland, Wilson and Doubront are our top AAA pitching prospects                     and will be given a chance to compete in spring training or for first                 call up 

Ranaudo/Barnes - top two, high ceiling pitching prospects. both college pitchers                          as well so expect MLB debuts from each reasonably soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Miller is a possibility too

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

theo einstein should never be allowed to sign a FA; EVER. EVER. EVER

Even guys like Aceves?