Starting Right Fielder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Starting Right Fielder

In Response to Re: Starting Right Fielder:
    [QUOTE]Reddick 35-40 HRS a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want what he's drinking! If he played against the mighty O's all year he MIGHT hit 15 homers. What a joke. Talk about ZERO perspective. Maybe a guy like Mike Stanton can project those kind of numbers in the future, but not a guy who floundered in AAA for two years. Wake up! This player is not Josh Hamilton, but  a journeyman having a hot streak.
    Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]

really?? at 24? and only 1 team? i think you have to play for at least a couple teams to even mildly be considered a journeyman..Dmac, OK..JR..No

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Starting Right Fielder : 100% agree with you CT..Ive been saying this for a while now..Just needed the time to adjust to each promotion. he worked his butt off and he deserves to be a starter IMO..I think hes a 280 guy with 20-25 hr potential. hes still young, so we will see.
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Thank you,  I think your 20-25 HR range is probably a lot more accurate than mine but we shall see.  With his Reddick's defense he could be the next J.D. Drew except more durable, younger and not overpaid. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Keep drinking your own Koolaide. All these lofty predictions, based on what?
    A couple of weeks up? Please.
    Baseball is judged by a season's worth of stats, not those you choose to cherrypick.
    As I said, ZERO perspective. I've seen these flash in the pan types since 1961.
    When did you start playing and or following baseball?
    Drew was the number one draft choice when he was drafted. He's had a long career.
    Reddick has been up and down with the team like a yo-yo and never stuck.
    Thus the journeyman term.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]Keep drinking your own Koolaide. All these lofty predictions, based on what? A couple of weeks up? Please. Baseball is judged by a season's worth of stats, not those you choose to cherrypick. As I said, ZERO perspective. I've seen these flash in the pan types since 1961. When did you start playing and or following baseball? Drew was the number one draft choice when he was drafted. He's had a long career. Reddick has been up and down with the team like a yo-yo and never stuck. Thus the journeyman term.
    Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]

I'm NOT MAKING a prediction.  I'm stating what I think HE COULD do performing at a "best case scenario" thats the whole idea of talking about someone's ceiling. 

what don't you understand about this concept of talent and potential for having perspective.  We are in no way saying that we expect Reddick to live up to the way he has been playing rather we are just stating that the kid has Talent.  I'm using stats to point out bright spots and show what "may be" your using the same thing "stats" and saying this can NEVER be..now that is ZERO perspective. 

I would agree you can't cherry pick stats to make a point, but my point is I'm not making a definitive point, I'm just saying the kid has talent and COULD fulfill it. 

Prospects become busts all the time and Reddick could very well be one of them, others also blossom late and become stars....and at 24 you canno't close the book on Reddick and that is all we are saying.

All I stated was Reddick still has a high ceiling, he could very well never reach it and you'd be right I'm not arguing with that point.  You sound as if you think I'm saying the kid is a star or I think he will be IM NOT.  All I'm saying is he has talent....that's it, find ONE scouting report on the kid that says otherwise, or doesn't talk about him having a high power ceiling. 1?

Let me state my main point one more time and please read this slow.

I'm not saying Reddick will be star, I'm not even saying it's more likely than not, I'm not predicting he will become a 30 HR a year hitter.....I'm only saying that the potential is there....that's it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]Keep drinking your own Koolaide. All these lofty predictions, based on what? A couple of weeks up? Please. Baseball is judged by a season's worth of stats, not those you choose to cherrypick. As I said, ZERO perspective. I've seen these flash in the pan types since 1961. When did you start playing and or following baseball? Drew was the number one draft choice when he was drafted. He's had a long career. Reddick has been up and down with the team like a yo-yo and never stuck. Thus the journeyman term.
    Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]
    Journeyman refers to a player who has moved from team to team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT DREW HAS HAD IT WITH THE
    RED SOX. YES...HE MIGHT SAVE SOME GAMES WITH HIS
    GLOVE AND HE IS A MUCH BETTER THAN AVG. FIELDER, BUT
    HE KILLS ANY RALLY WITH HIS BAT, AND AT THIS POINT, I
    HAVE TO AGREE WITH ONE OF THE POSTERS WHO SAID THAT
    DREW LOOKS LIKE HE WOULD LIKE TO BE IN ANOTHER PLACE
    THAN A BATTER'S BOX. HE IS AN AUTOMATIC OUT, AND THE
    RED SOX HAVE TO TRY TO TRADE FOR ETHIER OR BELTRAN
    OR LET REDDICK PLAY MORE. YOU WILL NOT BE SUCCESSFUL
    WITH J.D. ANY MORE THIS SEASON.