Starting second baseman in this yeas All Star game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Starting second baseman in this yeas All Star game.

Who do you think should be the starting shortstop in this years All Star game; Robinson Cano, Dustin Pedroia or someone else. Pedroia or Cano would be the logical choice but there is also Omar Infante, Howie Kendricks and Ian Kinsler who could be in the discussion. Myself, being partial would pick Pedey. He has the higher batting average and in my opinion is the better defensive fielder. Cano obviously has the better power numbers but is slightly below .300 in batting average. Would like to hear other peoples opinions on sho they think deserves to start.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: Starting second baseman in this yeas All Star game.

In response to PaulLaCourse's comment:

Who do you think should be the starting shortstop in this years All Star game; Robinson Cano, Dustin Pedroia or someone else. Pedroia or Cano would be the logical choice but there is also Omar Infante, Howie Kendricks and Ian Kinsler who could be in the discussion. Myself, being partial would pick Pedey. He has the higher batting average and in my opinion is the better defensive fielder. Cano obviously has the better power numbers but is slightly below .300 in batting average. Would like to hear other peoples opinions on sho they think deserves to start.

I Would Say Peddy At 2nd, Not SS....Smile

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

I Would Say Peddy At 2nd, Not SS....Smile

Yeah, sorry about that but the title indicates second baseman. Guess I am trying to type faster than I think.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Pedroia is a better defensive fielder than Cano?

Look I like Pedroia he's a gutsy player but he doesn't have the tools that Cano has, particularly arm strength.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Look I like Pedroia he's a gutsy player but he doesn't have the tools that Cano has, particularly arm strength.

From a BB-perspective, his play throwing across his body while his momentum is towards left field, is a classic.  I'll give Pedey every other fielding advantage, but I don't remember anyone 2B making those throws.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

From a BB-perspective, his play throwing across his body while his momentum is towards left field, is a classic.  I'll give Pedey every other fielding advantage, but I don't remember anyone 2B making those throws.

Cano has also great range to anything over his head behind him into the outfield, as far as his offense there has been one constant for the Yankees this 2013 season that has been Cano's bat.  Girardi has been moved all over the lineup and he still has 12 homeruns and 31 RBIs.

But I see both players in the game, I love Pedroia I think he plays the game the way it should be played from start to finish.

And when the Sox tire of him of like they have with Youk he's welcome in the Bronx. We'll figure something out when he gets here.

Smile 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Jose Altuve is another good candidate...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Cano was considered a terrible fielder until he started becoming a tremendous hitter....and we all know why that is happeniong now don't we.

Pedroia absolutely has my 10 votes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Cano and Pedroia are two of the best all-around players in baseball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to notin's comment:

+1

Houston secondbaseman Jose Altuve ranks a hair ahead of Robinson Cano in Wins Above Replacement:

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=2b&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2013&month=0&season1=2013&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Good call...Forgot he was in AL now.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Cano has also great range to anything over his head behind him into the outfield, as far as his offense there has been one constant for the Yankees this 2013 season that has been Cano's bat.  Girardi has been moved all over the lineup and he still has 12 homeruns and 31 RBIs.

But I see both players in the game, I love Pedroia I think he plays the game the way it should be played from start to finish.

And when the Sox tire of him of like they have with Youk he's welcome in the Bronx. We'll figure something out when he gets here.

Smile 

don't hold your breath. er, wait, please hold your breath.

yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

the only guy i can remember with that throwing style was Manny Trillo..great fielder..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

and IRT DP and Cano....either way....pick one....hand me the other and let's go..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Pedroia's running away with it based on WAR.  I think it's much closer than that, but they are so even offensively, that you have to give the edge to Pedroia due to his fielding and base-running.

But Cano will probably win the popular vote - HRs are a flashy stat, and he may be the only Yankee starter this year.

Sections
Shortcuts