Starting to pay off

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Starting to pay off

Michael Almanzar has been in the Sox system about 6 years now. With a lot of ups and downs, hes starting to put it all together the last year and has started off strong in Portland this year

http://www.pressherald.com/sports/the-kids-a-man-and-expecting-to-meet-those-expectations_2013-04-21.html

Hes batting .333 with a .375OBP .587SLG .962OPS  4HR and 15RBI  in 18 games so far this year in Portland. Almanzar is quickly proving himself as a possible 1b/3b/DH option for the Sox.

The link box is whacky today so just highlight the link and right click to open in a different tab.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Starting to pay off

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Michael Almanzar has been in the Sox system about 6 years now. With a lot of ups and downs, hes starting to put it all together the last year and has started off strong in Portland this year

http://www.pressherald.com/sports/the-kids-a-man-and-expecting-to-meet-those-expectations_2013-04-21.html

Hes batting .333 with a .375OBP .587SLG .962OPS  4HR and 15RBI  in 18 games so far this year in Portland. Almanzar is quickly proving himself as a possible 1b/3b/DH option for the Sox.

The link box is whacky today so just highlight the link and right click to open in a different tab.

Bogy is also coming around outside of quite a few SO's.  Even Albert Meneses, the future at SS and 3B looks good but it is still AA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Bogy is also coming around outside of quite a few SO's.  Even Albert Meneses, the future at SS and 3B looks good but it is still AA.

Yeah, I was concentrating on Almanzar because he was highly touted when they drafted him in 2007, but fell off the radar for different issues and most here forgot about him. Now it seems that the light has gone off and he could be climbing the ranks this year if he continues performing like he was last year.

Everyone knows Bogy. I was giving everyone another name to talk about and to watch out for. He could be a possibility for the Sox or a valuable trade chip if his progression continues this year. Kids got a lot of potential still. Very high power ceiling.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Yeah, I was concentrating on Almanzar because he was highly touted when they drafted him in 2007, but fell off the radar for different issues and most here forgot about him. Now it seems that the light has gone off and he could be climbing the ranks this year if he continues performing like he was last year.

Everyone knows Bogy. I was giving everyone another name to talk about and to watch out for. He could be a possibility for the Sox or a valuable trade chip if his progression continues this year. Kids got a lot of potential still. Very high power ceiling.

Remember Bubba Bell?  In 07 a lot of our fans thought he was our next power hitting OF, after that nothing.  Its tough to call what these guys might do in higher levels but I hope they all do well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Remember Bubba Bell?  In 07 a lot of our fans thought he was our next power hitting OF, after that nothing.  Its tough to call what these guys might do in higher levels but I hope they all do well.

I agree. I usually dont start getting too excited until they can adjust to AA where the pitching and hitting is much more advanced. Almanzar is doing it so Im starting to look a little closer. hes still only 22yrs old and they might have to consider protecting him from the rule-5 or trading him because if he has another good year, He will without a doubt get picked up by someone that can keep him on the MLB roster like Florida, Houston, A's etc...

We have a ton of kids that are eligible this year, so Im expecting a bunch of moves before December.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I agree. I usually dont start getting too excited until they can adjust to AA where the pitching and hitting is much more advanced. Almanzar is doing it so Im starting to look a little closer. hes still only 22yrs old and they might have to consider protecting him from the rule-5 or trading him because if he has another good year, He will without a doubt get picked up by someone that can keep him on the MLB roster like Florida, Houston, A's etc...

We have a ton of kids that are eligible this year, so Im expecting a bunch of moves before December.

I'm looking forward to the next few years we have a lot of kids that could have an impact on the big club.  In general, I think we are beginning to get this organization back on track and its great to watch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I'm looking forward to the next few years we have a lot of kids that could have an impact on the big club.  In general, I think we are beginning to get this organization back on track and its great to watch.

Lots of young talent that could realistically impact this team over the next few years. Other players, like Almanzar, have made their way back on the radar over the last year as well.

We are weak at 1b in the system and he could help.

Lots of young pitching to look forward to, a couple good catchers and middle infielders galore. Also remember, we have the #7 pick this year. Now we all understand that there are no guarantees when it comes to prospects, but the future is certainly looking very bright down on the farm within the Sox organization.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

It took some seriously keen eyesight to see even a glimmer of hope for Bubba Bell, who established what little hope he had by playing A ball at 24 years old against kinds 3-5 years wounger than he was...

9. This post has been removed.