Startling Sox stat department

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Startling Sox stat department

Sox are next to last in the AL in saves.  Horrible.  Heads will roll, Bailey's especially.

Sox are tied for last in the AL in save opportunities.  Whoops.  Maybe the bullpen ain't so bad. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Startling Sox stat department

You can only get saves if you have the opportunity.

Bailey will have every chance to succeed or fail. The senseless bashing of farrell is just that. Senseless. I agreed that Doubie should have come out for the 9th, but I also understand why he didnt. Although Bailey has had a rough 4 games, the Sox have still won all 4 games. They wont always be that Lucky, but with the limited save ops. this year, Farrell has to give bailey regular work. Its amazing that some fans are trashing the manager for using his closer in a save situation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Sox are next to last in the AL in saves.  Horrible.  Heads will roll, Bailey's especially.

Sox are tied for last in the AL in save opportunities.  Whoops.  Maybe the bullpen ain't so bad. 

I never would have guessed that. Only 22 save opportunities in 73 games. Interestingly, the Sox have won six of the nine games in which saves were blown.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

And to add to what max posted, Uehara is 1/2, Bailey 8/11 and Tazawa 0/3 in save sitautions.  Hanrahan was 4/6 before he got hurt.  Not exactly stellar.  On the other hand, the Red Sox lead the league in the stat that counts, wins. 

Tazawa is an interesting case, since he has seldom (if at all) pitched in the 9th.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I never would have guessed that. Only 22 save opportunities in 73 games. Interestingly, the Sox have won six of the nine games in which saves were blown.

[/QUOTE]

Now that is a really cool stat.  Well found. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

I frequently miss the radar gun when watching games. Guess I'm too busy watching the actual game and ignore the interesting peripherals on screen. Does anyone know what the velocity was on that FB that tied it? By any chance? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

I would give Bailey another shot.

As for startling stats for the Sox, I was shocked to see they are dead last in walks for pitchers. How can you be dead last in such an important stat and yet be a very good pitching staff? Its working so far. But.....

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Elles is only 9 stolen bases behind his entire 2011 total.... tells me he didn't bother to run as much in 2011 because he felt it unnecessary. Now that he has no power he is showcasing his only remaining asset.

Oh wait you guys were talking about the closer Embarassed

Hs is sacrificing power for the good of the team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:

And to add to what max posted, Uehara is 1/2, Bailey 8/11 and Tazawa 0/3 in save sitautions.  Hanrahan was 4/6 before he got hurt.  Not exactly stellar.  On the other hand, the Red Sox lead the league in the stat that counts, wins. 

Tazawa is an interesting case, since he has seldom (if at all) pitched in the 9th.

It can be deceptive. A set up man can be charged with a blown save even though he has no chance of getting the save.  A flaw in the save rule.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

Taz did pitch in the closer's role for a few days...when Bailey and Hanrahan were both out. Didn't do well either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I think thats part of why Bailey has had some trouble. I said PART of why, because hes still on my watchlist.......

Sections
Shortcuts