Statistical Analysis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Statistical Analysis

Suppose you could determine quality from the quantity of postings, in other words, the fewer the posts, the better the thinking behind them. Let's see if this holds up to scrutiny; herewith the average posts per day from some well known posters...

Lowell 22.4
    Tcal   13.9
    Burrito  7.9
    JoeBriedy  7.3
    HFx         3.9
    Notin      3.09
    JimFLA     2.78
    SinceYaz   2.66
    YOUK20     2.65
    RSKimmi    1.13
    Moon   0.98
     Hmmm, may not be absolute proof, but it may be a leading indicator...more is less.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Re: Statistical Analysis

In Response to Re: Statistical Analysis:
    [QUOTE]    AS DAD WOULD SAY ..........  "SON, LOOKS LIKE YOUR TEAMMATES DO NOT CONSIDER YOU AS ONE " !!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

LOL BILL, FTR, YOURE AT 6.88! Which makes you 3 times more valuable than Lowell.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Quality is determined by how few times a poster bumps his own lame threads up, to keep them from ending up in there proper place, the drivel bin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Problem is
    You have moon who has been here since 2005 with 22K posts.
    I was here back then as well but for some reason when they changed the forum some of us lost our posts. So to make this more accurate you'd actually have to use the same time frame for all of us.
    Then we all know of some posters who have been banned on occasion only to come back under a new name. Many of those folks could be considered far less significant as posters than those who have never been banned.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

moonslav averages less than 1 post per day?   What days are you using - Earth or Jupiter?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]moonslav averages less than 1 post per day?   What days are you using - Earth or Jupiter?
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

LOL

Well, I first posted long ago, but maybe made 2-3 posts/yr for the first 2-3 years. That skews my average.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Statistical Analysis : LOL Well, I first posted long ago, but maybe made 2-3 posts/yr for the first 2-3 years. That skews my average.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Ever do fantasy baseball moon?

I was hoping you'd join up! I'm genuinely curious to see how it'd go, you are, by far, the person who references statistics the most, especially newer stats, even if you don't totally agree with them. It's a different perspective than most, and it would be interesting to see how it plays out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

And for the record, Moon is at 8+ per day.

7.5 years * 365 days = roughly 2705

22998/2705 = a lot more than 1. 8.50203327 to be exact. Think you forgot a digit in there.

Kind of ruins the theory...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Wasn't made aware of the time frame for this expert analysis sample from Youkillus? Wouldn't that be somehow relevant. I've been busy posting in recent days on the Religion thread that was seeded by the terrible statement by Adrian that " It wasn't meant to be" after the World turned upside down for the Red Sox in the last five minutes of the 2011 season. How dare that Adrian inply / infer that God was responsible ( "It wasn't meant to be". Then the forum made a mountain out of a molehill but then forum members have nothing else to do except to watch American Idol. In came those who love to tear down peoples religion and faith in a God. Some people love to do that, to them victory is in debate points. Forget about rooting for your Sox or being religious, to them debate is everything. Forums are often ruined by debaters.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Ever do fantasy baseball moon?

I was hoping you'd join up! I'm genuinely curious to see how it'd go, you are, by far, the person who references statistics the most, especially newer stats, even if you don't totally agree with them. It's a different perspective than most, and it would be interesting to see how it plays out.

I did fantasy football for 3 years with some guys from the post office. I won 2 years and came in second the other. They banned me from the league.

I don't follow other teams enough to be good at baseball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think in terms of overall numbers softy/mr hanky has the most overall posts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm a game threader.  90% of my Posts are on Sox and Patriot Game threads.

In the last 2 years I've posted on 300+ Sox game threads and 44 Patriot's game threads (that includes pre-season games).  So there isn't much thinking behind the majority of my posts it mostly reacting.

Example:

YEAH BABY!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Just counted.....I have 52 post since 2/6, the day after the Super Bowl, with the most coming today since I started 2 threads.  So that averages less then 2 a day when there's no game going on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Statistical Analysis : So you admit that you resemble the drunk in the Sports Bar and you should not be taken seriously. Just reacting with spur of the moment garbage, we are so fortunate to have such a poster as you.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

I stopped drinking and partying when the 80's ended and I don't consider sports garbage but thanks for the shot anyway. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm a game threader.  90% of my Posts are on Sox and Patriot Game threads.

In the last 2 years I've posted on 300+ Sox game threads and 44 Patriot's game threads (that includes pre-season games).  So there isn't much thinking behind the majority of my posts it mostly reacting.

I think I have only posted on game threads maybe 5 times. I find them too annoying due to the near constant small sample size judgements. Also, most of the time I watch the game about 90 minutes after it starts and fast forward the commercials and usually end up watching the last inning or two live.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a game threader.  90% of my Posts are on Sox and Patriot Game threads. In the last 2 years I've posted on 300+ Sox game threads and 44 Patriot's game threads (that includes pre-season games).  So there isn't much thinking behind the majority of my posts it mostly reacting. I think I have only posted on game threads maybe 5 times. I find them too annoying due to the near constant small sample size judgements. Also, most of the time I watch the game about 90 minutes after it starts and fast forward the commercials and usually end up watching the last inning or two live.
     Now that's a good use of time!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Statistical Analysis :  Now that's a good use of time!
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

There's too many commercials in baseball, and the late innings can get bad with pitching changes every 3-4 minutes.

When you start getting old like me, time becomes more precious.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Statistical Analysis : LOL Well, I first posted long ago, but maybe made 2-3 posts/yr for the first 2-3 years. That skews my average.

Using current profiles, you have 23,000 posts in 7 years and I have 6,000 posts in  6 years. 

That Youkilis decided I have a higher daily average of posts is a sad remark on the state of math education in this country.  

Sad enough that we should probably call it a median average....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]I think in terms of overall numbers softy/mr hanky has the most overall posts.

a long with the other dozen or so names he's used

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a game threader.  90% of my Posts are on Sox and Patriot Game threads. In the last 2 years I've posted on 300+ Sox game threads and 44 Patriot's game threads (that includes pre-season games).  So there isn't much thinking behind the majority of my posts it mostly reacting. Example: YEAH BABY!!
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

There's not much thinking behind the majority of non-game thread posts by everyone else.

Innocent

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I believe, the quality of my posts must be exquisite.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

No one has more total posts than Moon/orb.

Sections
Shortcuts