[QUOTE]

Wink

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to 67redsox's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yaz was the 1st Red Sox player I idolized as a young boy in the 70's. Well deserved.

He and gentleman jim.

[/QUOTE]

yup! my baseball hero was and always will be teddy ballgame. at the tender age of 12 I was with my ymca summercamp when he hit his last home run at fenway. we were in the right field bleachers. as for #8? me and some buddies played hooky and say yaz hit a home run back in 67. the year I graduated from high school. lol...too bad that they couldn't put up a statue of johnny pesky next to the splendid splinter eh 67??

[/QUOTE]

Well, he does have his pole;0)

The sox had to win the last two games in 67, I was with my family at one those games. What a day that was!!! I took my name here because of that day.  Such great memories. 

[/QUOTE]

lol! I kinda figured that!Wink

do you still have your "impossible dream" record?

[/QUOTE]

No but a do have a DVD of that game.  The sox had an anniversary celebration in 07' and released the vidio of the game I was at.

I was hoping to catch a glance of me and my family in the stands. Oh my goodness, no way!

The footage was so grainy, you could barly see people's faces! Batters actually stayed in the batters box and pitchers on the mound. 

No visitors in the booth and the announcer stayed right on the game.  

I enjoyed watching it but it sure did make me feel old!!!!!

I graduated high school in 71' so I'm not that far behind you!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Statue of YAZ at Fenway

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wink

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yaz was the 1st Red Sox player I idolized as a young boy in the 70's. Well deserved.

He and gentleman jim.

[/QUOTE]

yup! my baseball hero was and always will be teddy ballgame. at the tender age of 12 I was with my ymca summercamp when he hit his last home run at fenway. we were in the right field bleachers. as for #8? me and some buddies played hooky and say yaz hit a home run back in 67. the year I graduated from high school. lol...too bad that they couldn't put up a statue of johnny pesky next to the splendid splinter eh 67??

[/QUOTE]

The sox had to win the last two games in 67, I was with my family at one those games. What a day that was!!! I took my name here because of that day.  Such great memories. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No but a do have a DVD of that game.  The sox had an anniversary celebration in 07' and released the vidio of the game I was at.

I was hoping to catch a glance of me and my family in the stands. Oh my goodness, no way!

The footage was so grainy, you could barly see people's faces! Batters actually stayed in the batters box and pitchers on the mound. 

[/QUOTE]
    far enough darlin! 71 was when I came back from viet-nam. but thanks for the compliment.Smile

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

RedSox have announced a statue of Yaz will be unveiled and dedicated outside Fenway on Sept. 22

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/07/sox_propose_to_immortalize_carl_yastrzemski

Yaz was always a fave for NYY fans back in the day. I went to a NYY game in '69-'70, and when Yaz homered, fans of both stripes stood up and cheered. An often overlooked moment;  3-run HR in '75 ASG, when NL dominated. Mantle was a coach and led the cheering. I don't recall who won though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wink

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He and gentleman jim.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    far enough darlin! 71 was when I came back from viet-nam. but thanks for the compliment.Smile

[/QUOTE]

Thanks again for your service! You and the rest of your fellow soldiers were so horribly treated. Our country owes you a debt of gratitude for your sacrifices, I salute you!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Yaz was and always will be my favorite player. I thought it was so cool when he hit three home runs in a game and it was on my birthday.

Rico hit two home runs in the first and second games I attended at Fenway as a kid.  Hands down criteria for favorite player status.  Plus, he appeared at the local Kelly's Hot Dog stand in Rhode Island when I was seven. 

With no triple crowns, batting titles, and Hall of Fame accolades, I guess they won't be erecting a Rico statue.  If there's a retro Rico bobblehead out there, it'll have to do as far as idolatry is concerned.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:

In response to royf19's comment:

Yaz was and always will be my favorite player. I thought it was so cool when he hit three home runs in a game and it was on my birthday.

Rico hit two home runs in the first and second games I attended at Fenway as a kid.  Hands down criteria for favorite player status.  Plus, he appeared at the local Kelly's Hot Dog stand in Rhode Island when I was seven. 

With no triple crowns, batting titles, and Hall of Fame accolades, I guess they won't be erecting a Rico statue.  If there's a retro Rico bobblehead out there, it'll have to do as far as idolatry is concerned.   

I do remember a couple of games that I went to when Yaz homered.

No Rico stature, but he was one of my favorite players when I was a kid after Yaz. He was in a group with Luis Tiant, Doug Griffin and Ray Culp.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wink

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He and gentleman jim.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This old Sox fan,  graduated high school 74, lol.... Remembers trading a Mantle for 2 1967 Yaz cards, after a little league game in 1967. Yaz was and always will be my favorite ball player. He was hustle before Charlie Hustle. His tenure with the Sox represents a by-gone day when a little league kid could grow into manhood and see his favorite star year in and year out with the  same team every Spring and on the last day of the season  .

my favorite Yaz possession-Old London Yaz Coin, bright blue background.

maybe, Pedroia will do the same.