Status of the American League East 30% through the season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

Status of the American League East 30% through the season

As a proud Yankee fan, ........... let me just say ...... that if the Sox are going to pitch and hit like they have over the last 10 days; there is no team in either league that can keep up with them. Very impressive. I'm hoping that's not the case.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Re: Status of the American League East 30% through the season

I fully expect the Sox to slow down again at some point, and have a rough patch or two throughout the remaining 100 or so games.

However, I remember thinking that about the Yankees a couple years ago, when they had a bad start and ended up winning over 100 games.  Once they got on a roll, it never really stopped.  As a longtime Sox fan, I hope that is the case for this Sox team, too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In Response to Re: Status of the American League East 30% through the season:

Posted by pinstripezac32

great zac

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Honestly, it shouldn't be that unrealisic for the Sox to keep playing about .666 ball up until the All-Star break when you look at the schedule.  There is a big AL east roadtrip (NY,TB,TOR) in there, where maybe you wouldn't expect them to win all 3 of those series (5-4), but after that it is inter-league play for a couple weeks, which is generally very kind to the Sox (and Yanks).  The only current winning teams the sox draw are Philly/MIL.   Then they have 7 home games against TOR/BAL. 

Of course injuries are always looming but if they stay mostly healthy, why wouldn't I assume they take at least 2/3 from the Chissox, MIL, PIT, HOU, SD, BALT, etc.... 

That being said, Lets take em 1 day at a time :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Posted by pinstripezac32

Love the work Zac

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

pri360 = BDC plant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

pri360  = BDC plant.
    Posted by BurritoT

another friendly yankee fan, or so it would seem....Tongue out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In Response to Re: Status of the American League East 30% through the season : another friendly yankee fan, or so it would seem....
    Posted by southpaw777

when you make up your mind as to whether you want a Sox bashing, front running, myopic, confrontational Yankee fan who has to fetch a new screen name every two weeks ...... or a baseball fan who tries not to be too blinded by homerism, let me know. In the alternative, you and your colleagues can purchase a controlling interest in the 146 million shares outstanding of NYT and run this site anyway that you choose. Until then, let's talk baseball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Posted by pinstripezac32

I know it's risky zac, but I would like to see what you could do with Kim's flower. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I'll talk baseball.

The Yanks kick off a tough stretch of games tonight.  It starts with an old school 9 game west coast trip, where they are going to run into some tough pitching in SEA and OAK.  After that they come home for a 9 game homestand agaisnt BOS/CLE/TEX, basically 3 of other 4 best teams in the AL.  After inter-league play, where the Yanks historically mop up, they finish the first half with a trip to CLE and a visit from TB.

Contrast that stretch with the Red Sox schedule over the next 5 weeks, and the advantage is decisively with Boston, who has 1 series each against TB and NYY but other than that it is the NL and AL mediocrity, mostly at Fenway.

The Yanks didn't really distance themselves during Boston's horrible start, they might end up paying for that over this next stretch.     

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Status of the American League East 30% through the season : when you make up your mind as to whether you want a Sox bashing, front running, myopic, confrontational Yankee fan who has to fetch a new screen name every two weeks ......  or a baseball fan who tries not to be too blinded by homerism, let me know. In the alternative, you and your colleagues can purchase a controlling interest in the 146 million shares outstanding of NYT and run this site anyway that you choose. Until then, let's talk baseball.
    Posted by pri360

Sorry if you misunderstood me..I was merely knocking on some of the paranoid posters on here who think everyone is a spy, or aNY fan posing as a RS fan..Thats why I put the little funny face at the end of my post...wasnt what you thought.

I myself welcome some good baseball conversation from any fan of the game no matter what team he/she roots for. Ive had some of the best ones with yankee fans..welcome to the board...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

I'll talk baseball. The Yanks kick off a tough stretch of games tonight.  It starts with an old school 9 game west coast trip, where they are going to run into some tough pitching in SEA and OAK.  After that they come home for a 9 game homestand agaisnt BOS/CLE/TEX, basically 3 of other 4 best teams in the AL.  After inter-league play, where the Yanks historically mop up, they finish the first half with a trip to CLE and a visit from TB. Contrast that stretch with the Red Sox schedule over the next 5 weeks, and the advantage is decisively with Boston, who has 1 series each against TB and NYY but other than that it is the NL and AL mediocrity, mostly at Fenway. The Yanks didn't really distance themselves during Boston's horrible start, they might end up paying for that over this next stretch.     
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

I hadn't looked that far foward at the schedule .......... makes me feel worse. The only thing I could hope for; is some better offense from our 3 and 4 hitters and that the Sox pitchers stop pitching like pitching like 3 Sandy Koufax(es).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Status of the American League East 30% through the season : I hadn't looked that far foward at the schedule .......... makes me feel worse. The only thing I could hope for; is some better offense from our 3 and 4 hitters and that the Sox pitchers stop pitching like pitching like 3 Sandy Koufax(es).
    Posted by pri360

I believe more than 1 Koufax is Koufaxi. Or maybe Koufeaux.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

greetings  southpaw777

In Response to Re: Status of the American League East 30% through the season : Sorry if you misunderstood me..I was merely knocking on some of the paranoid posters on here who think everyone is a spy, or aNY fan posing as a RS fan..Thats why I put the little funny face at the end of my post...wasnt what you thought. I myself welcome some good baseball conversation from any fan of the game no matter what team he/she roots for. Ive had some of the best ones with yankee fans..welcome to the board...
    Posted by southpaw777

I really do appreciate reading all that.

your last post surprised / fooled me a tad

then again I probably should admit that immediately

after reading pri's opening post

I went and checked out his last 10 post ;-)

thanks all 4 kind words

greetings losmediasrojas

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

The proper terminology is "Koufaxian".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

NY is in a close one with Seattle. They are playing into Mariner's "sleeping pill" mode.

The RedSox are currently in first place - and are one win short for the highest win total share in the A.L.  Not bad after a 2-10 start...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

greetings losmediasrojas

I know it's risky zac, but I would like to see what you could do with Kim's flower.   

not much, and you are the one who must endure KST's wrath            

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Zac, your team may not be atop the division any more, but you will receive my vote for the bdc All-Star Posting team. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

http://youtu.be/4jTw0vzG5lQ

[Smiley]
    Lift up your head
    Wash off your mascara
    Here, take my Kleenex
    Wipe that lipstick away
    Show me your face, clean as the mornin'
    I know things were bad, but now they're okay

Suddenly Smiley is standin' beside you
    You don't need no makeup, don't have to pretend
    Suddenly Smiley is here to provide you
    Sweet understanding
    Smiley's your friend

[Kimsaysthis]
    Nobody ever rooted so blindly
    Daddy was a Yanks fan
    Mama was poor
    I'd meet a Sox fan and I'd follow him blindly
    He'd snap his fingers
    Me, I'd say "sure."

Suddenly Smiley is standin' beside me
    He don't befreind Yanks fans
    He don't condescend
    Suddenly Smiley is here to provide me
    Sweet understanding
    Smiley's my friend

[Smiley]
    Tell me this feelin'll last till forever
    Tell me the bad times are clean washed away

[Kimsaysthis]
    Please understand that it's still strange and fright'nin'
    For losers like I've been it's so hard to say

[Kimsaysthis]
    Suddenly Smiley,
    He purified me
    Suddenly Smiley
    He showed me I can
    Learn how to be more
    The girl that's inside me
    With sweet understanding,
    Smiley's my man!

[Smiley] [Kimsaysthis] [Pike & Company]
    Suddenly Smiley,
    He purified you
    Suddenly Seymour
    Yes, you can
    Learn how to be more
    The girl that's inside you
    Smiley's your man

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

In Response to Re: Status of the American League East 30% through the season : when you make up your mind as to whether you want a Sox bashing, front running, myopic, confrontational Yankee fan who has to fetch a new screen name every two weeks ......  or a baseball fan who tries not to be too blinded by homerism, let me know. In the alternative, you and your colleagues can purchase a controlling interest in the 146 million shares outstanding of NYT and run this site anyway that you choose. Until then, let's talk baseball.
    Posted by pri360

You have my respect, I will read your posts.  You are a welcome edition from Yankee's land!

Sections
Shortcuts