Staying on TOP, IS MORE DIFFICULT THAN GETTING THERE..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Staying on TOP, IS MORE DIFFICULT THAN GETTING THERE..........

How the mighty have fallen......  Heck, get us a manager so that we could have something to talk about.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Staying on TOP, IS MORE DIFFICULT THAN GETTING THERE..........

Interviews have started already. I would expect one in place by the time the WS is over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Interviews have started already. I would expect one in place by the time the WS is over.

[/QUOTE]  We don't need Farrell   !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ten minutes after a new manager is named , the bashing and name calling will begin.  That's just the way we are.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Actually last year just about everyone loved little Bobby V when he was hired.  Don't you remember?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually last year just about everyone loved little Bobby V when he was hired.  Don't you remember?

[/QUOTE]   Your right......  I did too....  20 years from now we will be looking for another Bobby V. type to come in & shake things up the way he did.  None of us "smart baseball people" could have predicted that the tree was going to shake this clean !!!  For sure !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

A platitude is a trite, meaningless, biased, or prosaic statement, often presented as if it were significant and original. The word derives from plat, the French word for "flat." Whether any given statement is considered to have meaning is highly subjective, so platitude is often—but not always—used as a pejorative term to describe seemingly profound statements that a certain person views as unoriginal or shallow. Examples of statements which could be considered platitudes could be "The power of friendship", "Go with the flow", "Everything happens for a reason", "It is what it is!", "If it's meant to be, it's meant to be", and "We need to do what we can do."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I assume I am on the short list who forced the inclusion of the words "just about."

I did enjoy reading all the "Bobby Valentine Facts" lists circulating this webpage, despite them all being recycled Chuck Norris jokes.  But my enjoyment ended there...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Anyone who was against Valentine but still wants Farrell is an idiot. Farrell is terrible. Valentine was intriguing and Farrell has more Red Flags than a Chinese Festival.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I was against Valentine and am against Farrell.

At some point, I might considering speaking out "for" somebody, but its not all that important.  Clearly I am not part of the hiring process.

Oh, what the heck.  Go Ausmus!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Ausmus? Really? I wish I knew more about him. I like the idea of Alomar Junior based on his overall commitment/love to the game. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone who was against Valentine but still wants Farrell is an idiot. Farrell is terrible. Valentine was intriguing and Farrell has more Red Flags than a Chinese Festival.

[/QUOTE]

Now tell me something I don't know Enchilada!!!!  Tell me why  there is this big ta-do about Farrell.  He wasn't that great a pitching coach the last three years he was with us and the Blue Jays regressed record wise in his two years there.  I just can't see what's so hot about this guy.  Please inform me if you know.  Personally I like Dave Martinez, John Madden's bench coach, but I would be kindly disposed to most other candidates---Pena, Lovullo, or someone else rather than Farrell.  I think the guy would turn out to be little improvement over what we've endured the past four seasons.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Enchilida and Fred are in agreement but they don't know it.

[/QUOTE]

We know it Yonkersman, but t he title of this thread could elicit a little controversy.  Getting to the top CAN BE MORE DIFFICULT THAN STAYING THERE.....especially if you're the Red Sox, Cubs or the Indians.  The latter team hasn't won a WS since 1948, that's 64 years.  The Red Sox went 86 years before they won another one, and as the Lord said to the Cubs late in 1908, don't do anything until I come back.

Having said that the statement is most likely true.  That's why you have to reluctantly hand it to the Yankees.  They seem to win multiple WS quite often.  I wish we could as well

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Since there are no proven favorites out there with managerial success...I am sure only half this board will agree with any decision made by the FO and if the FO doesn't make some strong moves this off season...it won't matter much who they hire.