Stephen Drew at 3B?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonGlory. Show BostonGlory's posts

Stephen Drew at 3B?

Just throwing it out there, but the last I've heard is that Stephen Drew is still available.

Will Middlebrooks is starting to become as fragile as Jacoby Ellsbury. Even when healthy, he's not exactly the "big power hitter" the Sox were hoping he'd develop into and is also somewhat of a defensive liability.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Re: Stephen Drew at 3B?

Herrera good little player, always liked Holt. Move on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to BostonGlory's comment:

Just throwing it out there, but the last I've heard is that Stephen Drew is still available.

Will Middlebrooks is starting to become as fragile as Jacoby Ellsbury. Even when healthy, he's not exactly the "big power hitter" the Sox were hoping he'd develop into and is also somewhat of a defensive liability.

Never happen, if Drew came back Bogy would be at 3B.  I think Herrera and Merrero could hold the fort at SS.  Middy along with outfield depth and defense are the real issues.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

Why spend 10 million on Drew when you could call up Cechini for a fraction of that at get the same production?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to mthomas43's comment:

Why spend 10 million on Drew when you could call up Cechini for a fraction of that at get the same production?

Garin is a pretty bad 3B at the moment, even worse than Middy.  He should become a very solid bat but in no way will help us defensively.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Drew, Middy injury and problems at 3rd.  Too bad Scutaro couldn't play 3rd( didn't have the arm)...he's still playing for the Giants and was an MVP in one of their World Series victories.

But, I know it's a fait a complet, yesterday's newspaper and a bit of a Monday morning QB too as of all the people we have traded in past 5 years or so, the one I really would love to have kept was Adrian Beltre and we'd been & still been set at 3rd and we could have moved Youk to 1st at the time.  I don't know if Beltre has been off at any time with the Rangers for injuries. Alas, water under the bridge  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

red Sox NATION & front office would be crazy to even entertain such an idea !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Re: Drew, Middy injury and problems at 3rd.  Too bad Scutaro couldn't play 3rd( didn't have the arm)...he's still playing for the Giants and was an MVP in one of their World Series victories.

But, I know it's a fait a complet, yesterday's newspaper and a bit of a Monday morning QB too as of all the people we have traded in past 5 years or so, the one I really would love to have kept was Adrian Beltre and we'd been & still been set at 3rd and we could have moved Youk to 1st at the time.  I don't know if Beltre has been off at any time with the Rangers for injuries. Alas, water under the bridge  

[/QUOTE]

Scuter should probably still be in Boston today but our FO felt Iggy was the next superstar.  Then that dream faded and we signed Drew and traded Iggy thinking Bogy was the answer at SS.  Bogy in my opinion should be at 3B, Middy traded and SS handled by Herrera, Merrero or Drew at this point.

I liked Scuter, Drew is a better SS but regardless both are gone and we have issues to address.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

red Sox NATION & front office would be crazy to even entertain such an idea !!

[/QUOTE]

It appears this year the SOX FO aren't entertaining any ideas.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Scuter should probably still be in Boston today but our FO felt Iggy was the next superstar.  Then that dream faded and we signed Drew and traded Iggy thinking Bogy was the answer at SS.  Bogy in my opinion should be at 3B, Middy traded and SS handled by Herrera, Merrero or Drew at this point.

I liked Scuter, Drew is a better SS but regardless both are gone and we have issues to address.

[/QUOTE]

Scutaro wasn't traded because of Iglesias, Scutaro could no longer play SS full time due to his shoulder.  Scutaro wanted a chance to be an everyday 2nd baseman, and that obviously wasn't happening here.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonGlory's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Never happen, if Drew came back Bogy would be at 3B.  I think Herrera and Merrero could hold the fort at SS.  Middy along with outfield depth and defense are the real issues.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Drew at SS and Bogey at 3B.

Since it looks like Drew is not going to sign anywhere else, so we aren't getting the draft choice anyways.

I'd look into signing him, if it doesn't put us over the limit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

His pride won't allow for that. If he asked for anything more than $10million I would hang up the phone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Signing Drew would necessitate moving Bogaerts to 3B.  That would require moving TWO guys they've committed to positions this year.  I doubt the Red Sox have any interest in doing so because one of those players will be out for 2 weeks.  It's time to realize that Drew coming back is not going to happen, in the absence of another large injury to that side of the infield, you can expect Drew to be playing somewhere else by the second week of june.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

a lot of these posters are still waiting for Hanley to come back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Sign Drew and put him at short and Xander B. at 3b.  Trade Middy along with a bunch of minor leaguers (excluding Owens and Cecchini) and bring in Stanton.  Hire me as GM.Smile

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I like Drew, but still believe Middlebooks can be a big power threat and good hitter, give it some time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like Drew, but still believe Middlebooks can be a big power threat and good hitter, give it some time.

[/QUOTE]

Middy was off to a good start this year.  He's worth giving some time to -- the upside could be huge.