Stephen Drew

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Stephen Drew

The Oakland As are close to a one year contract for him with a club option for a second year. If Young Ben wants this guy, he needs to get "Active".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: Stephen Drew

In response to AL34's comment:

The Oakland As are close tona one year contract for him with a club option for a second year. If Young Ben wants this guy, he needs to get "Active".

I think Drew will have a comeback type year this season and think he is a good option... Im just hoping that Iggy is not the plan...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

The Oakland As are close tona one year contract for him with a club option for a second year. If Young Ben wants this guy, he needs to get "Active".

I think Drew will have a comeback type year this season and think he is a good option... Im just hoping that Iggy is not the plan...

I agree, cannot hit ML pitching at all, and we know it thats why they never brought the kid up till late.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Offer one year and Cherry Punto money.

It couldn't hurt.  Drew is not going to get a contract commensurate with his production of 2010 and prior.  It's possible, maybe more than likely, that the injury reduced both his 2011 and 2012 stats.  He hit pretty well in his last month at Oakland.  It's not hard to see him with a .750+ OPS at Fenway.

For his part, one year at Fenway on a make-good contract should have a lot of appeal.  And while I don't have an issue with Iglesias starting, i wouldn't have a problem with another year of seasoning in AAA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The Oakland As are close to a one year contract for him with a club option for a second year. If Young Ben wants this guy, he needs to get "Active".

Andrewmitch would absolutely crap his pants full of whole oats if the Sox get Drew. Hahaha, it'd be worth it just to see the vitriolic threads moving at warp speed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Id still give Iggy a shot to see if he can hit enough at the MLB level. actually, last year he hit the ball well a number of times. He also had a lot of bad luck because those hard hit ball went right at someone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Id still give Iggy a shot to see if he can hit enough at the MLB level. actually, last year he hit the ball well a number of times. He also had a lot of bad luck because those hard hit ball went right at someone.

well he never really proved himself at AAA for an extended period. 2 weeks of hitting the ball well does not mean he "caught on". but i think its definitely time for him to start in mlb. at the very least to shut up the iggy advocates and more importantly to help the pitching staff. we just need a solid lineup around him to justify carrying his weak bat.

if drew would come aboard on a make good 1 year deal for limited monies i would be down for that too and parking iggy in AAA where he belongs. iggy obviously has better defense but the difference in offense between the 2 FAR outweighs the difference in defense.

either way it goes down i will be happy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

He stinks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I would think he can get at least 3/39.

:)

Sections
Shortcuts